• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 AOS Only

Hi I know I'm really late to join this party but I want to know if anyone has same situation now.
USCIS has been received my I-485 on July 27.
I got NOA (just a receipt) on August 14.
Now I'm waiting for the letter of a biometric appointment. It's very last minute so I'm really worried even I have nothing to do right now.
My friend recommended to me to ask a lawyer to support my case so I just contacted them this morning.
I submitted I-485 by myself. My current status is F1, OPT student. I sent I-134 for supporting my financial situation.

I see many winners got their Green card already (congratulations! ), So I would like to ask what like your timeline of your process. How long did you wait to get your appointment letters?
My case number was AS3**** so I had to wait until CURRENT. But still, I know I'm late. I totally understand and blame on me already.

Hope someone can give me some advices or share the experience!

Thank you for reading.

First of all, visit the “timeline” page and check out other members from the same FO as yours and you will be able to see how they perform time wise with the process, to have an idea if your FO responds fast to DV cases.
Your second option as of now is to speak with a Tier 2 officer and ask for a service request to expedite your case. It will take a couple of attempts before you find a helpful Tier officer, but you also might get lucky from the first try. For most applicants here, Tier 2 agents are the most helpful. (including me)They will also give you more information on your case and where it stands.
A third option will be a congressional inquiry, though it really depends where you are located and approximately how long it will take for your inquiry to be processed.

Make sure you go carefully over the spreadsheet and gather as much information about this stage of the process before jumping into contacting lawyers. There is still some time left. I hope you will get an interview before the end of the FY.

First of all, visit the “timeline” page and check out other members from the same FO as yours and you will be able to see how they perform time wise with the process, to have an idea if your FO responds fast to DV cases.
Your second option as of now is to speak with a Tier 2 officer and ask for a service request to expedite your case. It will take a couple of attempts before you find a helpful Tier officer, but you also might get lucky from the first try. For most applicants here, Tier 2 agents are the most helpful. (including me)They will also give you more information on your case and where it stands.
A third option will be a congressional inquiry, though it really depends where you are located and approximately how long it will take for your inquiry to be processed.

Make sure you go carefully over the spreadsheet and gather as much information about this stage of the process before jumping into contacting lawyers. There is still some time left. I hope you will get an interview before the end of the FY.

Thank you for your quick response!

I'll go to check the timeline thread!
And I definitely should talk to a Tire 2 agent.

I was so relieved when I found this page because I have no idea if I am doing right. I did a lot of research about AOS based on DV lottery but couldn't find anyone taking like this page.
Thank you for your help again!
I'll do my best !!

I was so relieved when I found this page because I have no idea if I am doing right. I did a lot of research about AOS based on DV lottery but couldn't find anyone taking like this page.
I'll do my best !!

Find the google spreasheet (that's the bible of DV AOSers) on the first page of this thread. Timeline is a tab of that spreadsheet.

I am on a similar timeline with you and a few others in this forum. Study the spreadsheet well and keep your hopes, we have enough time to make it possible. First, call USCIS hotline as Kentavar2397 suggested (make sure to do so before noon with eastern time), request talking to a tier 2 representative. I hope they will be helpful with your request. Good luck.

I'll do my best !!

This is the timeline. I took the liberty of adding your info at line 121. If you want to fill out the rest you have to send a "request for editing access" which you should see it next to the "zoom". There's still time before the deadline, and who knows maybe you'll be lucky. Also beware of lawyers because what we've seen in this thread is that sometimes they don't know the process or the September 30th deadline.

On Aug 25th, I talked to 2 tier officer and he requested a service request for an interview on my behalf. Today, my case shows that the response has been sent and the request has been completed. I was supposed to get an email for that but I guess the officer confused about the email and wrote the wrong email. So, I don't know how the service request has been responded to. Could you please suggest what can be done to know what has the response been to that service request?
I have a referral number. My status shows fingerprint has been taken, and I have a biometric schedule on Sept 8th.
Thank you for your help!!

Find the google spreasheet (that's the bible of DV AOSers) on the first page of this thread. Timeline is a tab of that spreadsheet.

I am on a similar timeline with you and a few others in this forum. Study the spreadsheet well and keep your hopes, we have enough time to make it possible. First, call USCIS hotline as Kentavar2397 suggested (make sure to do so before noon with eastern time), request talking to a tier 2 representative. I hope they will be helpful with your request. Good luck.

Thank you for your information!

I could find it and it's really helpful!
Check it carefully them I'll call USCIS hotline.

These are really really helpful information that I couldn't get.
Thank you so much!

To val94

Sorry I couldn't reply to you somehow.

Thank you so much!
Yes I saw it ! That made me happy somehow!

I'm really appreciate your help!
I should really careful with anything.
Thank you again!!

To val94

Sorry I couldn't reply to you somehow.

Thank you so much!
Yes I saw it ! That made me happy somehow!

I'm really appreciate your help!
I should really careful with anything.
Thank you again!!
Finding this forum was the best that could happen to you, follow religiously Mom's advices and googles sheets and you will be fine. My company pays for lawyers that have no idea of what DV-AOS is, they have been sending me generic answers... my advice: you can hire any lawyer (that will make them happy) but do not listen to them - only follow instructions from here.

On Aug 25th, I talked to 2 tier officer and he requested a service request for an interview on my behalf. Today, my case shows that the response has been sent and the request has been completed. I was supposed to get an email for that but I guess the officer confused about the email and wrote the wrong email. So, I don't know how the service request has been responded to. Could you please suggest what can be done to know what has the response been to that service request?
I have a referral number. My status shows fingerprint has been taken, and I have a biometric schedule on Sept 8th.
Thank you for your help!!
I've had the same experience where the tier 2 said the response to the service request would be sent via email, but the email never came. They would send the response via regular mail.

So, I just got done with my interview. Got in the field office, checked in and waited a few office. My IO was a nice for the most part and the interview was pretty straight forward just went through i-485.
At the end, she started talking about i-944 and that i'd have to bring it next week. I told her how it wouldn't apply to my case and gave her the print out I took with me. She said that she was told to get i944 for all applications. Then she told me to wait outside while she talked to the supervisor about what I said and I could talk to him if he didn't agree to what I said and she took the printout with her. I waited in thw lobby for about 10 mins when she finally came out and handed me the printout saying I was good to go and that i'd get a letter in the mail in 2-3 weeks. I didn't get a "Interview Result" notice that is normally talked about but in the stress of it all, I didn't realize that until I walked out. I don't know what's next, guess i'll just have to wait.

So, I just got done with my interview. Got in the field office, checked in and waited a few office. My IO was a nice for the most part and the interview was pretty straight forward just went through i-485.
At the end, she started talking about i-944 and that i'd have to bring it next week. I told her how it wouldn't apply to my case and gave her the print out I took with me. She said that she was told to get i944 for all applications. Then she told me to wait outside while she talked to the supervisor about what I said and I could talk to him if he didn't agree to what I said and she took the printout with her. I waited in thw lobby for about 10 mins when she finally came out and handed me the printout saying I was good to go and that i'd get a letter in the mail in 2-3 weeks. I didn't get a "Interview Result" notice that is normally talked about but in the stress of it all, I didn't realize that until I walked out. I don't know what's next, guess i'll just have to wait.
Please give me a link for the printout regarding i944 form. I do not have interview date yet, but I would like to have it with me at the interview, if my interview will be scheduled at all someday in the future((

Please give me a link for the printout regarding i944 form. I do not have interview date yet, but I would like to have it with me at the interview, if my interview will be scheduled at all someday in the future((

What @udxyz means by "1-944 doesn't apply to his/her case" is because he sent his application in November, before the public charge rule took effect in February 24th.

Hello;
Is there anybody who can update me about DV2020 Green card lottery winner. I have not yet been in interview
Please do help me have an update

Hello;
Is there anybody who can update me about DV2020 Green card lottery winner. I have not yet been in interview
I don't understand what your question is, which step are you on now??
Did you send the AOS package?
Did you have Bio letter??
Which FO you are??
or......
You have to offer more info let people know how to help you.

Hi !
I have some updates!

I called USCIS this morning, then an agent told me other special agent call me back. I think I called at 9 am.
Now I just got a call from LFO, it's Santa Ana. This call was about my interview schedule!
He called me because he is going to send emails with appointment letters. Even they send letter by mail, they don't know if I can get them before appointment so he wanted confirmation of that.
My interview appointment is 9/15 morning.
I told him I haven't had a biometric appointment yet then he said he can do it same day I have an interview!

I don't know if my documents will be approved yet but it is good news for me ! At least I can go to the interview!

I just wanted to say how much I appreciate all of you guys who gave me great advices!
It is just another step but I am sure I couldn't come this point by myself.

Thank you so much! Hope I can update with great news soon !

Hi !
I have some updates!

I called USCIS this morning, then an agent told me other special agent call me back. I think I called at 9 am.
Now I just got a call from LFO, it's Santa Ana. This call was about my interview schedule!
He called me because he is going to send emails with appointment letters. Even they send letter by mail, they don't know if I can get them before appointment so he wanted confirmation of that.
My interview appointment is 9/15 morning.
I told him I haven't had a biometric appointment yet then he said he can do it same day I have an interview!

I don't know if my documents will be approved yet but it is good news for me ! At least I can go to the interview!

I just wanted to say how much I appreciate all of you guys who gave me great advices!
It is just another step but I am sure I couldn't come this point by myself.

Thank you so much! Hope I can update with great news soon !
Great news! where's your field office and application support center (biometric center) located?

Hello;
were you not doing consular processing? The ban is still active. This thread is for those doing adjustment of status.