• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 AOS Only

In my case for the AOS package I submitted bank statements of the past 12 months, my credit report, and on the I-944 form I declared that my parents are the ones supporting and that I don't have a work permit. Also I didn't have an American sponsor and I got approved.
If it is not a secret what was the amount on your account? I don’t have a credit score. And it is less than 10 thousand $. I was thinking to find a sponsor. I am really worried.
Thank you

If it is not a secret what was the amount on your account? I don’t have a credit score. And it is less than 10 thousand $. I was thinking to find a sponsor. I am really worried.
Thank you

Find a sponsor, get an I-134, that is your best bet.

:) am just trying to clarify for myself and perhaps for others in the same situation... I did get the email but nothing there indicates that the email is from FO. All it says is that it is in response to my service request.

Surely do not want to stress anyone and, indeed, I believe we just need to wait for the letter to come! :)

Got the ILs in the mail. :) The postage is dated August 27, so it took two days to arrive (rather quick!).

Hello!
I have been a silent reader of this forum until today.
My case number is EU32XXX, ASC and FO both Hartford, CT.
Became current in June, NOA dated 05/11/2020. Had my biometrics done on 08/03 and have been waiting for an IL ever since.
Today (08/29) I got a letter from USCIS saying: 'USCIS is able to reuse your previously captured fingerprints and other biometrics. USCIS will run the same security checks and use your biometric data as in the past, however, it is not necessary for you to appear at a USCIS ASC for a biometric appointment.'
Other than this DV-based AOS application, I have never had anything else filed with USCIS.

I do have a TAL background (laser physics) and I am a PhD student (F-1 visa) now doing research in lasers, so I get Administrative Processing every time I apply for a US visa. So it was to be expected that my fingerprints would take some time to clear; however, this new letter doesn't make any sense to me. What (if anything) could it mean?

Hi all! My interview was yesterday and I wanted to update you all with my experience. My FO is Baltimore and I think I'm the only one there since I don't see other people on the timeline but I'll still keep this here if it'll help anyone.

As with everyone else I went 30 minutes before my appointment and they let me and my husband in.We had 2 different interview times though (1 hour difference). First the security check and then the waiting area. We waited 20-30 minutes and were then called by the officer. He decided we'll have the inteview together and made us follow him to his office. He started by the oath to say the truth and then asked us each about our full name, parent's full name, country of birth, date of birth, address here and marriage date. We also presented our passports and our driver's liscence and told him we had an appointment to get the state's IDs as I mentioned earlier and he took copies of our appointment proofs (didn't seem a big issue to him). He then moved through all the yes/no questions and after that he gave my husband 17 papers to fill in a number he wrote on top. Meanwhile he was asking me about my study field and why did I move to here and also asked my hysband what's he doing now since he's on F2 visa. He also asked if we had a big wedding and I had all pictures and wedding album with me. He took a look at everything and even took some pictures added them to our file.

At the end he asked us if we need to say or ask about anything, we told him that in case of the approval event we want to change the address that the GCs will be sent to because it's our lawyer's and he's having trouble receiving any mails so we don't trust they'll be correctly delivered to us (we had a lawyer help us fill out the forms and send them over). He was totally fine with it and changed it on the system. He then made us sign th I-485 and another notice that we willingly did not present our lawyer with us.

Did some stuff on this computer for around 5 minutes and then gave us a prnted copy with " Interview done and case under review" marked. But then he told us I just gave you this for formality purposes and will go ahead and approve your case.

Our cases have been updated to "Interview was taken and case must be reviewed" though a couple of hours after our interview. Waiting the "New card being produced" status update now to feel totally relived haha.

I think the interview was as I expected it but the officer was even more friendly than I expected.
I hope you all get all you wish for soon!

Hello!
Became current in June, NOA dated 05/11/2020. Had my biometrics done on 08/03 and have been waiting for an IL ever since.
Today (08/29) I got a letter from USCIS saying: 'USCIS is able to reuse your previously captured fingerprints and other biometrics. USCIS will run the same security checks and use your biometric data as in the past, however, it is not necessary for you to appear at a USCIS ASC for a biometric appointment.'
Other than this DV-based AOS application, I have never had anything else filed with USCIS.

I do have a TAL background (laser physics) and I am a PhD student (F-1 visa) now doing research in lasers, so I get Administrative Processing every time I apply for a US visa. So it was to be expected that my fingerprints would take some time to clear; however, this new letter doesn't make any sense to me. What (if anything) could it mean?

I’m guessing it’s their way of saying your background check clearance is pending, as they’re currently running some additional checks. I suppose nothing new considering you’ve gone through this process (AP) before during the NIV process. Hang in there, I believe they’ll clear and approve your AOS before the FY is over.

Hi all! My interview was yesterday and I wanted to update you all with my experience. My FO is Baltimore and I think I'm the only one there since I don't see other people on the timeline but I'll still keep this here if it'll help anyone.

As with everyone else I went 30 minutes before my appointment and they let me and my husband in.We had 2 different interview times though (1 hour difference). First the security check and then the waiting area. We waited 20-30 minutes and were then called by the officer. He decided we'll have the inteview together and made us follow him to his office. He started by the oath to say the truth and then asked us each about our full name, parent's full name, country of birth, date of birth, address here and marriage date. We also presented our passports and our driver's liscence and told him we had an appointment to get the state's IDs as I mentioned earlier and he took copies of our appointment proofs (didn't seem a big issue to him). He then moved through all the yes/no questions and after that he gave my husband 17 papers to fill in a number he wrote on top. Meanwhile he was asking me about my study field and why did I move to here and also asked my hysband what's he doing now since he's on F2 visa. He also asked if we had a big wedding and I had all pictures and wedding album with me. He took a look at everything and even took some pictures added them to our file.

At the end he asked us if we need to say or ask about anything, we told him that in case of the approval event we want to change the address that the GCs will be sent to because it's our lawyer's and he's having trouble receiving any mails so we don't trust they'll be correctly delivered to us (we had a lawyer help us fill out the forms and send them over). He was totally fine with it and changed it on the system. He then made us sign th I-485 and another notice that we willingly did not present our lawyer with us.

Did some stuff on this computer for around 5 minutes and then gave us a prnted copy with " Interview done and case under review" marked. But then he told us I just gave you this for formality purposes and will go ahead and approve your case.

Our cases have been updated to "Interview was taken and case must be reviewed" though a couple of hours after our interview. Waiting the "New card being produced" status update now to feel totally relived haha.

I think the interview was as I expected it but the officer was even more friendly than I expected.
I hope you all get all you wish for soon!

Do update the timeline spreadsheet with your info. While some may benefit from the update shared here, having it on the timeline spreadsheet will be lot more useful for future reference purpose.

I’m guessing it’s their way of saying your background check clearance is pending, as they’re currently running some additional checks. I suppose nothing new considering you’ve gone through this process (AP) before during the NIV process. Hang in there, I believe they’ll clear and approve your AOS before the FY is over.

I got the same letter in July, though right after I had biometrics code 2 captured. About 10 days afterwards a Boston Field Officer called me to report that there was a mistake made with my biometrics and that I had to present again for biometrics code 3. He mentioned that the letter was also part of the same mistake.

Dear Mom and all,

This is an update and a quick review of my case. At the outset, I would to like to extend my gratitude as well as a big “thank you” to this forum. To you, Mom, for leading this effort and for the overall help, advice and direction that you have been providing over the years, and to all members for sharing your experience and data, thus greatly helping the rest to get valuable insight into the process.

My data:

CN: 2020EU35XXX

Current: June

ASC: Lawrence, MA (code 2 fingerprints-which was proven to have been a mistake) / Revere, MA (code 3 fingerprints)

FO: Boston, MA

Chicago Lockbox: 5/27

Courier: USPS

Acceptance text: 6/8

Payment cashed: 6/5

NOA Letter received: 6/13 (Notice Date shown on I-797C: 6/5)

Biometrics/letters: For type 2 appointment: Notice Date 7/24, fingerprints taken on 7/27 (post #5204), for type 3 appointment: Notice Date 8/5, fingerprints taken on 8/24

Interview Date: Interview waived

Status changes:

8/25: Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken

8/25: New Card is Being Produced

8/26: Case Was Approved

A couple of points about my case:

On July 21st, I contacted the congresswoman of my District by submitting a formal inquiry, asking their help for expedited processing of the remaining two steps (biometrics, interview), on the grounds of Sept. 30 deadline approaching.

On August 4th, several days after having done type 2 biometrics, I contacted the congresswoman’s office again and mentioned to the immigration liaison officer the issue of type 2 vs type 3 fingerprints and the likelihood of a mistake in case type 2 fingerprints are taken, on the basis of relevant posts exchanged among members in this forum around that time.

On August 5th, I was contacted by phone by a very nice gentleman from Boston USCIS FO who told me that my fingerprints need to be retaken as type 3, this finally took place on August 24 at the Revere MA ASC.

I am thankful and grateful to both the congresswoman of my District for her help and the kind response to my inquiry as well as to the Boston FO Officer for his kindness, friendliness and the prompt handling of my case.

I wish a happy ending for everybody in this forum, get our GCs and successfully build upon the unique opportunity that is given to us !!

Hello!

Can you tell us the following info for the Timeline? Chicago Lockbox received package date, Courier service used, Acceptance text/email if any, Bio letter received date.

Thank you!

A quick update on my case. I finally received my IL with my interview scheduled for September 17th.

One of the documents that it is asking me to bring is the government issued ID. My driving license just expired (Aug 28th, 2020). Is it an issue, or not? I have my passport valid though. Please advise...

A quick update on my case. I finally received my IL with my interview scheduled for September 17th.

One of the documents that it is asking me to bring is the government issued ID. My driving license just expired (Aug 28th, 2020). Is it an issue, or not? I have my passport valid though. Please advise...
Why not go to DMV tomorrow and get a new driving license? You're gonna get a temporary card right away. It's a valid ID. There's also a high chance that a new card will arrive before 09/17.

Why not go to DMV tomorrow and get a new driving license? You're gonna get a temporary card right away. It's a valid ID. There's also a high chance that a new card will arrive before 09/17.
Yes, you are right! I've just checked and it is supper easy to renew. I had to check first before writing my question. Thanks again!

@WaitingAoS and @MNA2020,

I also got my letter today dated August 27 for September 9! Thank you for your support @WaitingAoS, @MNA2020, and @Sm1smom
Indeed seems like FO was grouping! At the same time, I feel the service request has worked as well - we filed right before that, and got a response (responding to the e-request) on Aug. 27 saying the invite had been sent out, yet the postage is also of Aug. 27th.
@WaitingAoS @ai19990 Perhaps, we will see each other over there :)