• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 AOS Only

@Sm1smom ,

I have a quiet silly question, but I need to check with you... My sister (US citizen) signed i-134 for me and sent it by email. So, I have a printed copy of this form. Is it good enough to present at the interview or I need the original one, so it is better to ask my sister to mail it? Your opinion will be highly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

@Sm1smom ,

I have a quiet silly question, but I need to check with you... My sister (US citizen) signed i-134 for me and sent it by email. So, I have a printed copy of this form. Is it good enough to present at the interview or I need the original one, so it is better to ask my sister to mail it? Your opinion will be highly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

What you have is good enough.

Hi @Sm1smom !
As you remember I was approved on the spot 11 days ago at the USCIS facility and my status changed to "Case Approved" immediately, passport stamped with i-551 and I flew home. now I received an i-797 approval notice, but the status still isn't suggesting that the green card is being produced.

What do you think is going on? It seems that for many others the "new card is being produced" notice arrives shortly after a successful interview...

Thank you

Hi @Sm1smom !
As you remember I was approved on the spot 11 days ago at the USCIS facility and my status changed to "Case Approved" immediately, passport stamped with i-551 and I flew home. now I received an i-797 approval notice, but the status still isn't suggesting that the green card is being produced.

What do you think is going on? It seems that for many others the "new card is being produced" notice arrives shortly after a successful interview...

Thank you

I don’t see what you’re stressing over or what your question is about. What difference does the order in which CPO and Welcome Letter/NOA happens? You already got issued with a temporary GC.

I don’t see what you’re stressing over or what your question is about. What difference does the order in which CPO and Welcome Letter/NOA happens? You already got issued with a temporary GC.
Thank you for your answer.
Really not stressing out, just found it odd. I was wondering if DHS would stop or change the issue process due to the fact that I left the country at this time.

Good morning!! I just received my green card in the mail!!!

I have a quick question - for anyone who has a middle name, does your middle initial appear next to your given name?

My middle name is correct on the back of the card. But on the front, under "Given name", my first name is followed by my middle initial. Could it be a mistake? Or is it usual?

Thanks!

I have a quick question - for anyone who has a middle name, does your middle initial appear next to your given name?

My middle name is correct on the back of the card. But on the front, under "Given name", my first name is followed by my middle initial. Could it be a mistake? Or is it usual?

Thanks!
This is normal.

Today my status changed to "Case was approved" (interview waived).
Thanks for everyone in this forum for sharing their experiences and helpful advices, especially @Sm1smom.
I hope everyone in this forum can successfully get GCs.
2020AS12xxx ,
07/15/2020 - Chicago Lockbox
07/29/2020 - Check Cashed
08/02/2020 - NOA Letter (Text)
08/06/2020 - BIO letter received
08/20/2020 - BIO appointment
08/31/2020 - Case was Approved (egov.uscis.gov)

A question about my H4, this status stuck on "Case was Received" since May, and my husband's H1b was approved and received his 797a.
Is there anything I have to do about my H4??

Last edited:
Thank you for your answer.
Really not stressing out, just found it odd. I was wondering if DHS would stop or change the issue process due to the fact that I left the country at this time.

I think I have mentioned this before, my brother did the same thing. He got the I-551 stamp on is passport and flew abroad that week. No issues. Later he returned using the same I-551 stamp. The GC came even 2 weeks after he returned back to US. I would say don't worry.

Thanks!

AFIK That is how sometimes the system puts long names or prints only the middle name initial.

hi @Sm1smom

My I485 was approved a week or so ago and I have yet to receive the green card. I have to do a change of address as I have moved. In the portion heading "Citizenship" there is a subheading that says "In the US as a" would I put Permanent Resident or would I put my old status?

Today my status changed to "Case was approved" (interview waived).
Thanks for everyone in this forum for sharing their experiences and helpful advices, especially @Sm1smom.
I hope everyone in this forum can successfully get GCs.
2020AS12xxx ,
07/15/2020 - Chicago Lockbox
07/29/2020 - Check Cashed
08/02/2020 - NOA Letter (Text)
08/06/2020 - BIO letter received
08/20/2020 - BIO appointment
08/31/2020 - Case was Approved (egov.uscis.gov)

A question about my H4, this status stuck on "Case was Received" since May, and my husband's H1b was approved and received his 797a.
Is there anything I have to do about my H4??

Congratulations. Your pending H4 will eventually be cancelled by USCIS, you don’t need to do anything about it.

This is normal.

Thank you!

I want to thank everyone again... @Sm1smom , @Britsimon , @SusieQQQ , @Xarthisius and all other moderators and members on this thread. This journey is finally over for me - but I'll stay on this forum for while, to help as much as I can :)

For anyone who reads this - including future DV selectees, I would be glad to answer any questions about my FO and ASC. There seem to be a few applicants in Santa Ana, CA every year. So I don't mind at all if in the next few years I get notified via message, or on a new thread.

Good luck to anyone whose case is still pending - I hope you will be relieved soon!

Thanks!
This is how the middle name appears in my kids GCs - so I suspect it is normal.

hi @Sm1smom

My I485 was approved a week or so ago and I have yet to receive the green card. I have to do a change of address as I have moved. In the portion heading "Citizenship" there is a subheading that says "In the US as a" would I put Permanent Resident or would I put my old status?

Technically speaking, your a LPR based on the approval notice. But you clearly don’t a an acceptable document for demonstrating that, if on the unlikely event you need to present such a document for some reason (unrelated to the change of address you’re trying to do of course), as such I will err on the side of caution and not claim a LPR status until I receive the GC.