• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 AOS Only

Thank you so much dear SM1SMOM
I called uscis first tier 1 was so rude and didn’t schedule infopass for me neither transfer me to a supervisor
I called again and waited for an hour and the tier 1 was so helpful
She scheduled infopass for me and transferred me to a supervisor
I explained my case to the supervisor
She state : uscis made a mistake with your case in July but we fixed it on august 4 and it’s base is diversity visa program
I told her about deadline September 30. She said there is no guarantee that you will get your appointment by September 30, I started explaining to her the physical year for DV program
She said you don’t understand you have to file your AOS by September 30 but the case can take years to be processed
You sent your package in May 2020 and and it may take several years so be patient and don’t expect any appointment soon
What do you think dear SM1SMOM?
I am so confused she is not a tier 1 she is a supervisor
And I don’t know what to say or do after that !

The supervisor is a contractor like the tier 1 rep, she has no DV based process understanding.

What is the update regarding your congressional inquiry?

Thank you so much dear SM1SMOM
I called uscis first tier 1 was so rude and didn’t schedule infopass for me neither transfer me to a supervisor
I called again and waited for an hour and the tier 1 was so helpful
She scheduled infopass for me and transferred me to a supervisor
I explained my case to the supervisor
She state : uscis made a mistake with your case in July but we fixed it on august 4 and it’s base is diversity visa program
I told her about deadline September 30. She said there is no guarantee that you will get your appointment by September 30, I started explaining to her the physical year for DV program
She said you don’t understand you have to file your AOS by September 30 but the case can take years to be processed
You sent your package in May 2020 and and it may take several years so be patient and don’t expect any appointment soon
What do you think dear SM1SMOM?
I am so confused she is not a tier 1 she is a supervisor
And I don’t know what to say or do after that !
Sorry for jumping in... First, from my experience, not all tier 1 and tire 2 understand/know about the DV AOS process. You need adjudication by the end of FY (September 30). Second, you said that tier 2 mentioned that it was a mistake from USCIS side . In this case you might be eligible for expedite request (cause: USCIS mistake) - @Sm1smom please correct me but I think it would be the best shot...

Sorry for jumping in... First, from my experience, not all tier 1 and tire 2 understand/know about the DV AOS process. You need adjudication by the end of FY (September 30). Second, you said that tier 2 mentioned that it was a mistake from USCIS side . In this case you might be eligible for expedite request (cause: USCIS mistake) - @Sm1smom please correct me but I think it would be the best shot...

This has already been discussed. Please refer to the last couple of pages for the conversations surrounding this case.

Base on what she said. I wait to see about infopass then I file ombudsman request?

Honestly speaking, I’m tired of trying to providing you with guidance. I ask you questions, you either refuse or selectively answer. I recommend you do something, you move ahead and do something else which made sense to you. You don’t provide any update on what you’re doing until you have another negative encounter. Not sure why you keep asking for my help when you clearly don’t follow what I recommend in the first place.

Our case was appoved last week and yesterday we received our NOA!

I am so relieved this journey is almost over and everything worked out! There are not enough words to express how grateful I am for the endless help and effort of @Sm1smom, @SusieQQQ and @Britsimon no matter how small the question or how often it was asked. Thank you!

I also want to thank you my fellow AOSer in this thread who shared their questions and experiences. This helped a lot and draw attention to details I would otherwise have missed. We were very lucky twice so we should use our chance wisely.

Thank you all and good luck to all people who are still waiting for their descision!

My wife and I just got this notification. We had our fingerprinting done but our interview hasn't been scheduled yet. Is this what we think this means? That our green cards have been approved without an interview?
We had our EAD application approved last week just want to make sure that this is not the notice for EAD card being produced.

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR ADJUST STATUS
Your Case Status: Card/ Document Production
On September 1, 2020, we ordered your new card for Receipt Number xxx, and will mail it to the address you gave us.

My wife and I just got this notification. We had our fingerprinting done but our interview hasn't been scheduled yet. Is this what we think this means? That our green cards have been approved without an interview?
We had our EAD application approved last week just want to make sure that this is not the notice for EAD card being produced.

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR ADJUST STATUS
On September 1, 2020, we ordered your new card for Receipt Number xxx, and will mail it to the address you gave us.
yes, they approved your case without interview.

Congratulations. When did you do Biometric?

Hi @Sm1smom @SusieQQQ
I have gotten my interview on 7/23, and bio on 8/3.
Last week, I called USCIS and I could make a service request on my case.
Thank you so much for your advice about it, it helped me calm down so much.

On the same day, I got the response saying
"Your application is still pending consideration.
We regret that we are not able to give you a time frame for when we will complete the review of your application.
So it seems my case is more complicated than other cases and I have to practice more patience.

Having said that, we have only 1 month, and I have to leave this country immediately if my case is not approved by Sep 30th.
Literary, I am standing on the edge of the cliff, and I have to pack my suitcase before that day though I have not committed any crime so far I believe.
I have some questions regarding this just in case situation.

1) Have you seen any case that ended up timeout during bio reviewing or total case reviewing without getting any conclusion so far?
2) I made a service request last week, and I will try to initiate the ombudsman's help this week. Is there anything I can do for now?
3) Do you have any assumption why my case is stuck in the bio review?
* I know that there is one more applicant who has the same situation from Japan.
Is there anything to do with my chargeable country or my nationality?

Thank you so much in advance.

Hi @Sm1smom @SusieQQQ
I have gotten my interview on 7/23, and bio on 8/3.
Last week, I called USCIS and I could make a service request on my case.
Thank you so much for your advice about it, it helped me calm down so much.

On the same day, I got the response saying
"Your application is still pending consideration.
We regret that we are not able to give you a time frame for when we will complete the review of your application.
So it seems my case is more complicated than other cases and I have to practice more patience.

Having said that, we have only 1 month, and I have to leave this country immediately if my case is not approved by Sep 30th.
Literary, I am standing on the edge of the cliff, and I have to pack my suitcase before that day though I have not committed any crime so far I believe.
I have some questions regarding this just in case situation.

1) Have you seen any case that ended up timeout during bio reviewing or total case reviewing without getting any conclusion so far?
2) I made a service request last week, and I will try to initiate the ombudsman's help this week. Is there anything I can do for now?
3) Do you have any assumption why my case is stuck in the bio review?
* I know that there is one more applicant who has the same situation from Japan.
Is there anything to do with my chargeable country or my nationality?

Thank you so much in advance.

Your case seems to be stuck on background check clearance. The FOs typically do their best to expedite similar cases as the FY ending draws closer and closer. Having said that, I believe you still have enough time left to complete this. The good news is this is not like one of those years where available visas run out before the end of the FY.

1. Yes for CP. No for AOS.
2. Honestly speaking? Nothing you can do from your end to expedite if the delay has to do with a pending background check clearance.
3. I don’t. May be due to places you have visited in the past, may be due to sharing similar/common names with someone else already under government watch. It may not even be stuck under a pending background check clearance, it is possible the IO just hasn’t revisited the case file since you completed your interview and bio.

Meanwhile, have you confirmed if your KCC file has been requested and sent?

Your case seems to be stuck on background check clearance. The FOs typically do their best to expedite similar cases as the FY ending draws closer and closer. Having said that, I believe you still have enough time left to complete this. The good news is this is not like one of those years where available visas run out before the end of the FY.

2. Honestly speaking? Nothing you can do from your end to expedite if the delay has to do with a pending background check clearance.
3. I don’t. May be due to places you have visited in the past, may be due to sharing similar/common names with someone else already under government watch. It may not even be stuck under a pending background check clearance, it is possible the IO just hasn’t revisited the case file since you completed your interview and bio.

Hi, @s1msmom, thank you for your polite reply as always.
each answer helps me assume my situation and prepare for plan B. I actually have not called KCC to make sure about transferring of my case to USCIS. (I misunderstand that USCIS is gonna request my file automatically when I have interview) I am going to call them tomorrow, and I will ask about it.

Again, thank you so much for your help.

Dear @Sm1smom,

If KCC already sent our file like 21 days before interview to the FO, what does it indicate? Because I called them and they told me my case was requested before my interview but they told me they can't tell if visa was requested. Many thanks!

Dear @Sm1smom,

If KCC already sent our file like 21 days before interview to the FO, what does it indicate? Because I called them and they told me my case was requested before my interview but they told me they can't tell if visa was requested. Many thanks!

It means the IO has been on top of things. It means the IO is aware this file is needed in order to adjudicate the case and has already taken care of that step. We’ve had situations where the IO didn’t request the KCC file after the interview for quite a while which further delayed the approval process.

It means the IO has been on top of things. It means the IO is aware this file is needed in order to adjudicate the case and has already taken care of that step. We’ve had situations where the IO didn’t request the KCC file after the interview for quite a while which further delayed the approval process.
Thank you very much mom!

Hello friends!
I still waiting for an appointment for the interview - 2 weeks passed from my biometric data. Is this normal? I feel that by that time 99% of cases should be processed already.

Hello friends!
I still waiting for an appointment for the interview - 2 weeks passed from my biometric data. Is this normal? I feel that by that time 99% of cases should be processed already.
I have been in same situation. Biometric was done on 8/13. No update at all.

My FO is Albany, NY.
I am only applicant in this year as far as I know.
I did speak to Tier-2 to make service request last week. but the reply from FO came back, saying still in review. No interview date provided.
I also asked Senator’s office to follow up my interview date, but no response yet.
Since I am stuck here, I started USCIS ombudsman inquiry this week.

Last edited: