• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 AOS Only

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

I had my interview today..
spoiler allert: New card is being Produced!

My FO is NYC Manhattan!

I am the principal applicant and my husband is my derivate, our interview was today at 10am, like everyone we arrived 9:45am, security check, check-in.....we have waited for 2 loooongg hours...

Then the officer show up, as somebody said, he is a pretty young guy, he was very nice and very polite.
Pic identification, index finger identification and Passport.
He started with me, he asked me about my job, I gave him my recent pay slip, he asked me when we changed address, he wanted my Birth certificate, my phd degree, my marriage certificate and my baby birth certificate, we check all the question of the I485 form, I signed and we finished.
Then he made more or less the same question to my husband, the IO asked him about our marriage, when we decide to get marriage, our relation, when we met...we wanted to be sure that our relation is genuine and not for the green card... for us it was easy to show...we get married even before to play and we have a baby...so...pretty obviously.
He asked me if I want to submit documents to show that me and my husband are still together (finally a reasonable question) I gave to him our actual lease, the previous one and the 2019 tax that we filed together...
then he told us that he does not see any reason to not approve our case if the check was fine and told us to wait a decision by next week..
we go home...and after 2 h our status is changed!

I am sooooooo happy! Finally free! o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

Thank you to everyone in this forum, thanks to sharing your experience, thanks for the advises, and in particular thanks @Sm1smom, this forum help me a lot, especially during this stressful year!
:D:D:D:D:D

Awesome news. Happy for you, congratulations.

just a side note - when it comes to immigration, having a baby isn’t necessarily indicative of the genuineness the marriage, it is simply an evidence of two people’s sexual involvement with one another ;)

p.s. hope you confirmed the IO is able to see your new address on file.

Awesome news. Happy for you, congratulations.

just a side note - when it comes to immigration, having a baby isn’t necessarily indicative of the genuineness the marriage, it is simply an evidence of two people’s sexual involvement with one another ;)

p.s. hope you confirmed the IO is able to see your new address on file.

oh thanks for the clarification! :)

I have to say that I did not ask it (I was very stressed) but I really hope that IO is able to...but he wrote our new address everywhere, and he repeated it 1000 times, so I hope that he can see it.

Anyway thanks for your help! thanks a loot! :)

They’re asking about it because the IO is now reviewing your case file. The AOS process spreadsheet calls out the fact the Chicago lockbox acceptance (and rejection) does not mean no further issue with early filing, cases may still be denied by the IO later on down the road.

Anyway in this particular case, you can stop being worried. Look forward to an IL or an approval notice. Typically when the IO calls with intent to deny and they get provided with documented evidence supporting early filing, the case does not get denied for that reason. We’ve seen that happen every year. It would have been bad if she went ahead and denied the case without first reaching out like she did. You’ll be fine ;)

Finaaaaaaaally, today my status changed to "New Card Is Being Produced" with the interview waiver. It was a long extremely stressful process but I am so happy now.
I hope everyone in this forum can successfully finish this procedure and get their GCs.

I want to thank everyone in this forum for sharing their experiences and helpful advice.
Especially I want to thank @Sm1smom. It was impossible for me to do this without your help.

Finaaaaaaaally, today my status changed to "New Card Is Being Produced" with the interview waiver. It was a long extremely stressful process but I am so happy now.
I hope everyone in this forum can successfully finish this procedure and get their GCs.

I want to thank everyone in this forum for sharing their experiences and helpful advice.
Especially I want to thank @Sm1smom. It was impossible for me to do this without your help.

See? Told ya :p - lol! Congratulations

Congrats to the latest round of good news posts!

Mom may correct me if I’m mistaken - but it certainly seems we are seeing a much higher proportion of approvals with interview waivers than usual. Looks like uscis really is trying where they can to get DV done in time - all the phone calls /emails for quick bios/interviews, as well as waiving interviews.

Congrats to the latest round of good news posts!

Mom may correct me if I’m mistaken - but it certainly seems we are seeing a much higher proportion of approvals with interview waivers than usual. Looks like uscis really is trying where they can to get DV done in time - all the phone calls /emails for quick bios/interviews, as well as waiving interviews.

Indeed that is correct - an unusual high rate this year. I think it may be tied to higher workload resulting from the COVID-19 related office closures (admittedly they were reportedly working remotely). Most of those DV cases couldn’t be approved during those times because of the pending bio checks. They are truly doing their best to get DV cases through before the end of the FY.

Indeed that is correct - an unusual high rate this year. I think it may be tied to higher workload resulting from the COVID-19 related office closures (admittedly they were reportedly working remotely). Most of those DV cases couldn’t be approved during those times because of the pending bio checks. They are truly doing their best to get DV cases through before the end of the FY.
With this, and particularly how they went so out of their way to help our very ill forum member last year, I really do have a huge appreciation for the work they do. I know many people criticize them when things go wrong (or just slow), but I do believe most of them are doing the best they can.

With this, and particularly how they went so out of their way to help our very ill forum member last year, I really do have a huge appreciation for the work they do. I know many people criticize them when things go wrong (or just slow), but I do believe most of them are doing the best they can.

Yeah, I completely agree.

Hi @birviv I reached out to the congressman's office and it seems they are all working despite the "recess" so you may want to not factor it.

May I ask what you used as a reason for the service request? I am in a similar situation - though a different FO in Virginia - I already reached out to the congressman's office but have not yet used the USCIS service request and it is not clear what rationale I would be able to use and when I should use it.

Sorry I just saw that you tagged me! I told tier 1 that my case has to be judicated by 9/30 and only a tier 2 can put in a service request based on that because it's not one of the default reasons. And I called many times to transfer to tier 2. The second tier 2 officer was the helpful one. The first one didn't want to help. Hope this helps!

Hi, @Sm1smom, @SusieQQQ
Thanks for keeping us hopeful anytime.
It has been 20 days since my case status online started showing "fingerprint were taken". I had my interview on 7/23, and had my bio on 8/3 at Seattle FO. I am getting to think it is time to get serious response from USCIS.

I once talked to tier 2 person on Monday last week. although the lady confirmed that I have had interview and bio test already, what I was told in the end was "allow them some times to make a decision" and only i could say was "ok".

my question is,
1) how can i encourage him /her to research my case more when I talk to tier 2 person?
2) is there any typical question I should ask to help me assuming what is going on with my case?

I am going to call USCIS again tomorrow to know where my file is stopping at, so I just wanna hear your advise before that.

Thank you in advance.

Hi All We got our New Card Is Being Produced
But I do have a story to tell, Our interview was on the 08/03/20 at San Jose.

We had 1 document (Name change document) missing and got an RFE, we were able to get the document real quick.

We received the RFE in the mail on 08/06/20 and had the response at the Field office by 08/11/20.

Those were very long 2 weeks but today the 08/25/20 we got the "Response to USCIS Request For Evidence Was Received" status and in minutes it changed to New Card Is Being Produced status!

I hope it gives hope to folks in my position.

Hi, @Sm1smom, @SusieQQQ
Thanks for keeping us hopeful anytime.
It has been 20 days since my case status online started showing "fingerprint were taken". I had my interview on 7/23, and had my bio on 8/3 at Seattle FO. I am getting to think it is time to get serious response from USCIS.

I once talked to tier 2 person on Monday last week. although the lady confirmed that I have had interview and bio test already, what I was told in the end was "allow them some times to make a decision" and only i could say was "ok".

my question is,
1) how can i encourage him /her to research my case more when I talk to tier 2 person?
2) is there any typical question I should ask to help me assuming what is going on with my case?

I am going to call USCIS again tomorrow to know where my file is stopping at, so I just wanna hear your advise before that.

Thank you in advance.

1. There’s no magical way (that I know of). It all depends on the customer rep you who get to speak with.
2. Use your instinct. Describe your situation. Be polite.

Which country are you chargeable to?

1. There’s no magical way (that I know of). It all depends on the customer rep you who get to speak with.
2. Use your instinct. Describe your situation. Be polite.

Which country are you chargeable to?

Thank you so much. I will try my best.
birth country is Japan. nationality is South Korea.
I am single applicant and was in major of Art.