• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 AOS Only

Hello , today I had my interview was fine but in the end the oficial requested me more evidence about my marriage... I married in March 2019 but I have been more than 8 years with my husband, I updated my case and says interview conducted, and case should be reviewed, my marriage is real but now I don’t know what to expect.

Hello , today I had my interview was fine but in the end the official requested me more evidence about my marriage... I married in March 2019 but I have been more than 8 years with my husband, I updated my case and says interview conducted, and case should be reviewed, my marriage is real but now I don’t know what to expect.
Can you give more details about the interview experience? What questions did the IO asked you and your husband about your marriage? what evidence did you provide about your marriage?

Can you give more details about the interview experience? What questions did the IO asked you and your husband about your marriage? what evidence did you provide about your marriage?
I arrived at the indicated time you wait for me to call the officer I began to ask questions of the i-485, all very well but take record of marriage , photos of the previous years, document of the rent , and receipts of payment, in the end m said that I would review them and they would inform me of any new.

Just for your reference, DV lottery requires completion of high school. You shouldn't need to get any educational equivalency work done. Just take the actual school-issued certificate, translated if necessary.

I believe that was done in light of filing I-944 which requires the applicant/derivative to get an evaluation (if he or she has a foreign educational background) completed by one of the organisations listed on www.naces.org.

Last edited:
Guys, I am sorry if this was already discussed.

My status shows that "On Aug 3, 2020 Fingerprints were taken" and applied to the case.
Does this status still mean that background check is still pending? Is there anything I should worry about at this stage? My interview is on Sep 1.

Thank you.

My status shows that "On Aug 3, 2020 Fingerprints were taken" and applied to the case.
Does this status still mean that background check is still pending? Is there anything I should worry about at this stage? My interview is on Sep 1.

Thank you.

My status was the same until after the interview. I don't believe you need to worry.

Thank you.

My wife and my status shows the same. Our interview is on Sep 9. If you know you have no red-flag or record then you should be fine.

check my.uscis.gov as well, it shows little bit different "Fingerprint Review" complete.

You need to open a new account for that one, not as same as the "egov.uscis.gov".

My wife and my status shows the same. Our interview is on Sep 9. If you know you have no red-flag or record then you should be fine.

check my.uscis.gov as well, it shows little bit different "Fingerprint Review" complete.

You need to open a new account for that one, not as same as the "egov.uscis.gov".

Thanks! My USCIS still shows "You case was received. You don't have to do anything at this time..." etc. It never changed actually...

I received both mine and my wife's interview letters today. Lawrence FO 9th September. I was thinking of filing congressional enquiry today but no need for now I guess.
Great! Congratulations!
I hope my office (Boston) will send IL too at some point. I did bio on Aug 3 and haven’t heard from them since. :(
It is surprising that I’m the only person from Boston area this year (on this forum of course). It is such a populated area with so many immigrants.

Here is my interview experience:

Last Wednesday we had our interview. We are a family of 5 and our youngest is an US citizen. At the security they asked about the children but since they have their own IL everything was okay. We went to the upper floor with a big waiting room. There were about 5 other parties waiting. Within 5 minutes one by one every party was called by a different IO. To our surprise they called my husbands name and all of us went with our IO. My husband and me took the oath and then she explained what will happen. She would not ask our children because they are to young (6 and under). She thought my husband is the principal (I am) and she was thankful we corrected her. She asked for ID (passport and DL), letter to confirm I won the lottery and our marriage certificate. Other than that she didn`t ask for any documents or originals to see. She was very nice and as a mother herself was asking some questions about school and how I handled the last few months with the kids. Maybe she was asking with intention but I didn`t mind since I don`t have anything to hide and it helped me relax.

After that she went through the I-485, asked us some of the questions to see if we give the same answers as in the form. We made no changes but we were asked to sign all 4 forms. I-944 was not mentioned at all. She seemed very pleased and told us we are her first DV case. She said everything looks fine and if we have any questions. I asked if our background check has been completed since the status after 12 days was still "fingerprints taken". She said it has not but we should have an answer by Friday. With waiting time everything took about 30 minutes.

Well today is Monday and our case is still reviewed. I didn`t ask what if background check is not cleared by Friday because I wanted to trust the process but now I am angry with myself I didn`t ask. We have no red flags so I am really worried why our background check takes so long. I try to relax but well I am not very successful.

I will let you know as soon as I have any updates. Good luck to everyone who is still waiting! If you have any tips how not to freak out please let me know.

Thank you.

Right now there is no need to worry. When interviewed ask if your background check has been completed. Best case it is. If not learn from my experience and ask what will happen next and how you can follow up. Make clear your IO knows about the deadline.

Good luck!

Happy to report I received my interview notice today, for 8th September. There was a typo on one side of the form- page 2 had what I'm assuming was the correct notice date, 21 August, but page 1 was dated 28 August- they're speaking to me from the future :D
Just for your reference, DV lottery requires completion of high school. You shouldn't need to get any educational equivalency work done. Just take the actual school-issued certificate, translated if necessary.
Interesting point. I noticed earlier that an equivalency certificate for my college degree was something I had left out in my I-944, but after reading around online, I figured it shouldn't be a problem (from an English-speaking country so no translation needed as well), but I hope USCIS sees it that way, too (and I imagine they have, as I haven't received an RFE...)!

I think you're lucky to have seen updates there, as, like others, that site for me has had nothing new, since USCIS accepted my case.

I know this question has been asked already, but can't seem to be able to find answer to it.
Are we allowed to start working after we are approved, even though we have yet to receive the physical green card?
I tried the e-verify tool with just my social security number, and it says to me that I am authorized to work.