• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 AOS Only

Hello Mom,
I received my NOA about a 2 weeks ago, is it a good idea to ask congressman help at this time given the fact that we have lesser time to end of september? Thanks

Hello guys, a question about i-944:
do we need to include assets if our income is more than 125% of the poverty line at all?
We don't really have any except some savings on the savings account so i would rather not, just wanted to check if it's an option.
and second question- if only 1 person gets income do i need to include each household member and put 0 as their income or only mention the one who gets the income?
greatly appreciate your help on this and everything you guys do with this forum, was able to get a lot of knowledge! Thanks!!!

My bad, about 12PM today (EST), I applied a filter on column K and I just realized that it was not only for me but for all users and that it was forbidden obviously. For some reason I cannot get back to the original order. I feel so sorry...
Try to apply sorting to column D...

Okay, guys please STOP applying filters and/or sorting the spreadsheet. I will fix it in a short while, I’m on the road at the moment. Thanks @Hirouri for disclosing upfront what you did, I appreciate that. I would have had to revoke your access without this disclose.

Hi Mom!

First time commenting here. If we are talking about applicant on line 63 of the timeline, I submitted my AOS packet and got my NOA way before them, but they've been scheduled for biometrics before me. My ASC (Manhattan) opens the following Monday. Should I submit an e-request in this instance?

Again, thank you for your help thus far, and I'm sorry for the people who have taken you for granted on this forum!
I doubt it that you can even create an e-Request at this time considering timeline of your application, let alone an e-Request for scheduling biometrics appointment.

Hi Mom! The person's name is "Mosla" with a CN of AS21XXX. My username is "ShazzA" on line 45.

And of course!

Well, you guys are not listing your ASC info correctly, so it is quite hard to figure out what is going on. Most of you have simply listed “New York” as your ASC, meanwhile there’s at least 10 ASCs in New York (if not more) - e.g. NY, NY; Long Island, NY; Brooklyn, NY; Jamaica, NY; Bronx, NY. You’re Manhattan according to your post, but are simply listed on the spreadsheet as “New York”. The information on the timeline spreadsheet is really not that useful if users are not listing the right information.

Hi Mom!

First time commenting here. If we are talking about applicant on line 63 of the timeline, I submitted my AOS packet and got my NOA way before them, but they've been scheduled for biometrics before me. My ASC (Manhattan) opens the following Monday. Should I submit an e-request in this instance?

Again, thank you for your help thus far, and I'm sorry for the people who have taken you for granted on this forum!

Anyway, you can still try putting in an e-Request to see if the the system will let you do that.

do we need to include assets if our income is more than 125% of the poverty line at all?
We don't really have any except some savings on the savings account so i would rather not, just wanted to check if it's an option.
and second question- if only 1 person gets income do i need to include each household member and put 0 as their income or only mention the one who gets the income?
greatly appreciate your help on this and everything you guys do with this forum, was able to get a lot of knowledge! Thanks!!!

The purpose of the I-944 is to demonstrate you’re unlikely to become a public charge. You decide of how much information you want to put on the form to help the IO form a favorable opinion and approve your case.

Hi Mom! The person's name is "Mosla" with a CN of AS21XXX. My username is "ShazzA" on line 45.

And of course!
I am in your same situation.
NYC MANHATTAN, i filed your same period and dis not get anything yet.
I supposed that the guy in line 63 is from Brooklyn,that it is the only ASC open from July 13rd.
Manhattan will open July 20th, so hopefully we will get something in thw next few weeks.

The e request worked?
I tried,but it did not for me.

Anyway, you can still try putting in an e-Request to see if the the system will let you do that.
Hi Mom!

Sounds good! My ASC is in Manhattan and I'm assuming the other person is in Brooklyn. What would the next steps be if the system does not let me do an e-Request?

I am in your same situation.
NYC MANHATTAN, i filed your same period and dis not get anything yet.
I supposed that the guy in line 63 is from Brooklyn,that it is the only ASC open from July 13rd.
Manhattan will open July 20th, so hopefully we will get something in thw next few weeks.

The e request worked?
I tried,but it did not for me.
Hey, I'm in NJ, mine ASC is Hackensack and it's opening up on July 20th. Still haven't received anything, hoping to get something next week. I can only assume that NY/NJ have at least similar number of cases so it could be that they will be processing it similarly.

Take her along, she doesn’t need a separate interview notice.
Ok. But it looks like they don’t want us to come with the children. Could you read "Who should come with you?" of Appointment Notice?

Attachments

• 2D795DD3-414B-4D34-A503-1B1AF7A5EAB9.jpg
    2D795DD3-414B-4D34-A503-1B1AF7A5EAB9.jpg
    412.8 KB · Views: 56
  • C2BD8FBA-C12A-46F6-A792-62D427F9A62C.jpg
    C2BD8FBA-C12A-46F6-A792-62D427F9A62C.jpg
    512.7 KB · Views: 55
Ok. But it looks like they don’t want us to come with the children. Could you read "Who should come with you?" of Appointment Notice?

Ok. You didn’t mention your IL specifically says to not bring children (which is because of the ongoing COVID-19), so in this case, she’s not required to attend the interview with you and your spouse.

Only list what assets you want considered. As per page 5 of I-944 Instructions, they typically want to see you meet the income OR assets test, so income only is ok. I believe you still need to list debts/liabilities, if any, though.

Regardless of whether they have an income or not, you should list all household members that meet the definition of 'household', on page 4 of I-944 Instructions. I was told for couples who file taxes jointly, but where one person generates less/no income, you may both list the 'total income' figure from your joint IRS transcript, and then add an explanatory note about joint tax filing in Part 9 of I-944.

My username is "ShazzA"
And of course!
Found the Aussie :D

Hey all, little update. I had my interview today and it went fantastically. The officer asked for my passport, visa and student ID, then we went through the forms and made me sign them. When he figured out I didn't have my biometrics, he tried to schedule an appointment for me but couldn't. Then he tried to take my fingerprints and picture there (yes, at the FO), but the program didn't work. He was sorry he couldn't and let me go, saying that if everything is okay with the biometrics, they'll adjudicate the case without me having to go to the FO again.

Fun part: I was already in the parking lot and the officer came down, looking for me. He had me go back to the office, where this time he actually took a picture and my fingerprints. Unfortunately, it didn't work, so now I'll just have to wait for the bio letter.

Hey all, little update. I had my interview today and it went fantastically. The officer asked for my passport, visa and student ID, then we went through the forms and made me sign them. When he figured out I didn't have my biometrics, he tried to schedule an appointment for me but couldn't. Then he tried to take my fingerprints and picture there (yes, at the FO), but the program didn't work. He was sorry he couldn't and let me go, saying that if everything is okay with the biometrics, they'll adjudicate the case without me having to go to the FO again.

Fun part: I was already in the parking lot and the officer came down, looking for me. He had me go back to the office, where this time he actually took a picture and my fingerprints. Unfortunately, it didn't work, so now I'll just have to wait for the bio letter.
Congrats! Great to see genuine efforts from the USCIS staff, though sorry the biometrics did not work out - so indeed they at least can try to do it there. At least one step off your list!