• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 AOS Only

Hi @Sm1smom and everyone,

I am still waiting for my EAD card arrival, and have to pause working until it comes;
HOWEVER, I just received G-56 Call in Notice from the FO today that my interview is scheduled on July 21st.

I e-requested for 'case outside normal processing time' early this week and my attorney also followed up with FO and they said to just wait for little more.
I don't know these actions make thing faster or it was coincidence, but It's been 8 months since I filed my documents last year and it was a looooong journey! Thank you very much @Sm1smom and everyone who has advised me for my questions.

I know this is not the end of the journey, but I feel much better now to see the case is moving forward.
Anyone who went to the interview already, please advise any tips.

My question is,
Do I need to do I-693 Medical Examination Report again for this interview?
The attached on the notice says that I need to bring the Form I-693. But I sent the original document when I filed with other documents. And of course that is already more than 6 months ago.
Please let me know, thanks!

I am still waiting for my EAD card arrival, and have to pause working until it comes;
HOWEVER, I just received G-56 Call in Notice from the FO today that my interview is scheduled on July 21st.

I e-requested for 'case outside normal processing time' early this week and my attorney also followed up with FO and they said to just wait for little more.
I don't know these actions make thing faster or it was coincidence, but It's been 8 months since I filed my documents last year and it was a looooong journey! Thank you very much @Sm1smom and everyone who has advised me for my questions.

I know this is not the end of the journey, but I feel much better now to see the case is moving forward.

My question is,
The attached on the notice says that I need to bring the Form I-693. But I sent the original document when I filed with other documents. And of course that is already more than 6 months ago.
How could your attorney follow up on your case with FO? Do attorneys have a direct way of contacting Field Offices?

Was this person’s package accepted by USCIS after yours or before yours was accepted? I seem to recall you previously posted about your first package taking a while to get accepted and you actually had to send in a second package which subsequently got cancelled/withdrawn.

His/her package was accepted after mine.
Also if my package took time,mine was accepted beforw his package.

My question is,

The IL is most likely a generic one. If your medical report was under 60 days of the CS signing it when it was accepted by the Chicago Lockbox, you’re good. You don’t need a new medical report in that case, but he sure to take along a copy of the submitted report.

How could your attorney follow up on your case with FO? Do attorneys have a direct way of contacting Field Offices?
I do not know where and how he called to. I am not sure if he called this number but if you google, USCIS XX(your location) Field Office, you can technically get their number.
Also believe or not, my attorney told me that this year they are not going to shut down DV program right away at end of September. So if any of you filed already or by end of September and if there is still available spot, you all have a chance. This is what the operator said to my attorney. Just FYI. I am just sharing the fact I heard from him. Don't blame on me if this is wrong information.

Last edited:
I do not know where and how he called to. I am not sure if he called this number but if you google, USCIS XX(your location) Field Office, you can technically get their number.
Also believe or not, my attorney told me that this year they are not going to shut down DV program right away at end of September. So if any of you filed already or by end of September and if there is still available spot, you all have a chance. This is what the operator said to my attorney. Just FYI. I am just sharing the fact I heard from him. Don't blame on me if this is wrong information.
This is definitely wrong information

That is directly contradictory to the law as well as to what is currently posted on the page for selectees:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/diversity-visa-program-entry.html

On Wednesday, April 22, President Trump signed a proclamation suspending entry into the United States of certain immigrants who present risk to the U.S. labor market during the economic recovery following the COVID-19 outbreak. The proclamation was effective at 11:59 p.m. EDT on Thursday, April 23. It was continued by President Trump on June 22, and will expire on December 31, 2020, unless continued. Applicants for immigrant visas covered by the proclamation, including Diversity Visa 2020 (DV-2020) applicants, who have not been issued an immigrant visa as of April 23 are subject to the proclamation's restrictions unless eligible for an exception. No valid visas will be revoked under this proclamation.

If you were previously issued a visa for the DV-2020 program that was valid on April 23 and that visa expired before you were able to travel to the United States, please contact the Embassy or Consulate where your visa was issued for further information.

All DV-2020 entrants who were selected must be found eligible for, and obtain, their visa or adjust status by September 30, 2020. This deadline cannot be extended. This same strict deadline also applies to spouses and children of principal applicants.

So maybe you really shouldn’t be sharing this information in the first place if you don’t want people to blame you when (and not “if”) this information turns out to be wrong.

I emailed my congressman's office about the procedure putting in a congressional inquiry and they emailed me this form. My question is do I submit a typed form or write down everything by hand. I emailed them about this and they haven't gotten back to me yet. I wanted to do this as quickly as possible. Since it looks like a generic USCIS form, I thought maybe filling it out maybe similar regardless of the congress district.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200712-003020.png
    Screenshot_20200712-003020.png
    432 KB · Views: 60
That is directly contradictory to the law as well as to what is currently posted on the page for selectees:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/diversity-visa-program-entry.html

On Wednesday, April 22, President Trump signed a proclamation suspending entry into the United States of certain immigrants who present risk to the U.S. labor market during the economic recovery following the COVID-19 outbreak. The proclamation was effective at 11:59 p.m. EDT on Thursday, April 23. It was continued by President Trump on June 22, and will expire on December 31, 2020, unless continued. Applicants for immigrant visas covered by the proclamation, including Diversity Visa 2020 (DV-2020) applicants, who have not been issued an immigrant visa as of April 23 are subject to the proclamation's restrictions unless eligible for an exception. No valid visas will be revoked under this proclamation.

If you were previously issued a visa for the DV-2020 program that was valid on April 23 and that visa expired before you were able to travel to the United States, please contact the Embassy or Consulate where your visa was issued for further information.

All DV-2020 entrants who were selected must be found eligible for, and obtain, their visa or adjust status by September 30, 2020. This deadline cannot be extended. This same strict deadline also applies to spouses and children of principal applicants.
I didn’t check their website. Sorry for the confusion.

I emailed my congressman's office about the procedure putting in a congressional inquiry and they emailed me this form. My question is do I submit a typed form or write down everything by hand. I emailed them about this and they haven't gotten back to me yet. I wanted to do this as quickly as possible. Since it looks like a generic USCIS form, I thought maybe filling it out maybe similar regardless of the congress district.
It doesn’t matter whether you type it or do it by hand, assuming your handwriting is legible. Do be aware that there is not going to be a bunch of back and forth so be sure to clearly and fully explain the issue on page 2, as that is probably the entirety of what your congressperson’s office will use to follow up on your case.

Hello,
I received my NOA about a 2 weeks ago, is it a good idea to ask congressman help at this time given the fact that we have lesser time to end of september? Thanks

I guess that person has been scheduled for biometrics appointment in Brooklyn, the only application support center (ASC) in New York which opens on July 13th. Other application support centers in New York open on July 20th or 27th so you are not from the same application support center.
Maybe it is that,because i am manhattan.
Also because he sent the package on june 6,accepeted on june 12 and he has already bio and interview schedule.
I sent my package in april,and it was accepetd in may.
But maybe you arw in right,maybe he is brooklyn
I see. Is your timeline on the spreadsheet by the way?

Not yet, but i will add it!

Last edited:

Does anyone know if the proclamation is affecting the AOS cases as well?

Was this person’s package accepted by USCIS after yours or before yours was accepted? I seem to recall you previously posted about your first package taking a while to get accepted and you actually had to send in a second package which subsequently got cancelled/withdrawn.
Hi Mom!

First time commenting here. If we are talking about applicant on line 63 of the timeline, I submitted my AOS packet and got my NOA way before them, but they've been scheduled for biometrics before me. My ASC (Manhattan) opens the following Monday. Should I submit an e-request in this instance?

Again, thank you for your help thus far, and I'm sorry for the people who have taken you for granted on this forum!

Hi Mom!

First time commenting here. If we are talking about applicant on line 63 of the timeline, I submitted my AOS packet and got my NOA way before them, but they've been scheduled for biometrics before me. My ASC (Manhattan) opens the following Monday. Should I submit an e-request in this instance?

Again, thank you for your help thus far, and I'm sorry for the people who have taken you for granted on this forum!

What is the referenced user name on the timeline spreadsheet? What I see on line 63 has nothing to do with NY or Manhattan. Also what is your username on the timeline spreadsheet? I need to be able to review both timelines side by side in order to get an idea of what could be the issue.

p.s. thank you for appreciating my service.

What is the referenced user name on the timeline spreadsheet? What I see on line 63 has nothing to do with NY or Manhattan. Also what is your username on the timeline spreadsheet? I need to be able to review both timelines side by side in order to get an idea of what could be the issue.

My bad, about 12PM today (EST), I applied a filter on column K and I just realized that it was not only for me but for all users and that it was forbidden obviously. For some reason I cannot get back to the original order. I feel so sorry...

Hi Mom! The person's name is "Mosla" with a CN of AS21XXX. My username is "ShazzA" on line 45.

And of course!