• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 AOS Only

Its been while that I haven't got any update on my case from USCIS. I do not want to offend/be rude to tier 1 representative. Is there a way I can politely ask for tier2 representative to get more info on the case ?

Patiently wait for the frontline rep to finish updating you on your case, after which you politely request to be connected to a tier 2 personnel.

Hello guys and Mom, I wanted to tell you guys that I just received my interview letter and it's schedule for July 30th in the San Francisco FO. I haven't received a biometric letter so my guess is that on the day of the interview they will reschedule.

Thanks for the update. Your FO may or may not reschedule the bio when you show up for the appointment. They may decide to reschedule your interview itself until after you’ve completed your bio. Your bio notice may also show up before your interview as a matter of fact. You need to approach the interview with an open mind and not make an assumption.

Thank you for sharing your experience!
Would you please tell how packed your Application Support Center was and your waiting time to have your biometrics done? You guess how many people they can deal with at Application Support Centers every day?
It wasn't crowded. There were couple of families before us. I think there was a constant flow of people without making people to wait in the lobby for more than couple of minutes. I cannot estimate how many people they deal with.

I called earlier today - for the first time, given that my ASC opened starting this week - and the Tier 1 rep had absolutely no clue about DV (at least I got that impression). She kept asking whether it is family- or employment-based AOS and, after a pause (presumably looking in the system) said that the waiting time is 5 months and I have to call back then... :) I told her that for a DV case it does not make much sense given it will expire by end-Sep and requested to connect to Tier 2 rep. She responded that Rep 2 would have the same info but agreed to connect. The system however said it will take about 400+ minutes of waiting time hence I have chosen a call-back option. Have not received any call yet...

Just to update - FYI - I indeed got a call from the Tier 2 rep. He said that my ASC appears to open this week, although he said they do not have access to the latest (suggested to better keep an eye on USCIS website updates) and he of course cannot influence/predict when the biometrics is scheduled. He said that my case is already with the FO and we should expect an IL whenever FO decides so that will likely will be coordinated with the timing of the biometrics appointment!

The latter did not sound to me very convincing given a few examples in this forum of interviews scheduled prior to biometrics.

Hi all,
Do you know how to understand which field office I should expect to attend based on my home address?
I live in Sunnyvale.
Would address change request change the field office?

Thanks,
Dmitry.

Hi all...my NYC USCIS Field Office adjustment of status interview for DV2020 has just been rescheduled (was March 30, now mid August). My husband is also on my application. We're both on L1 visas. A concern we have is that my husband's L1 visa expires end of July and his company has submitted an application to have this extended. Confirmation of this isn't expected till much later in 2020. In order to continue working in the US he will therefore be relying on the 240 day processing period applicable to his L1 extensions filing. For the Diversity Visa AOS we were asked to confirm we have valid visas and to bring these to the interview. Does anyone know whether we're likely to face issues during the interview due to my husbands visa status? THANKS!

Hi all,
Do you know how to understand which field office I should expect to attend based on my home address?
I live in Sunnyvale.
Would address change request change the field office?

Thanks,
Dmitry.

1. ASC Locator

2. It depends. Yes, if the new address falls under a FO different from that which the old address falls under.

Hi all...my NYC USCIS Field Office adjustment of status interview for DV2020 has just been rescheduled (was March 30, now mid August). My husband is also on my application. We're both on L1 visas. A concern we have is that my husband's L1 visa expires end of July and his company has submitted an application to have this extended. Confirmation of this isn't expected till much later in 2020. In order to continue working in the US he will therefore be relying on the 240 day processing period applicable to his L1 extensions filing. For the Diversity Visa AOS we were asked to confirm we have valid visas and to bring these to the interview. Does anyone know whether we're likely to face issues during the interview due to my husbands visa status? THANKS!

They’re basically asking you to come with proof of ongoing status maintenance. Be sure to attend your interview with documentary evidence of the filing done by his employer.

They’re basically asking you to come with proof of ongoing status maintenance. Be sure to attend your interview with documentary evidence of the filing done by his employer.

Hey mom, I finally received my IL from Buffalo field office. But there's a question I don't understand. They asked me to bring a completed I-864 in the letter, but it seems it's a form for the sponsor, which doesn't make sense in the DV case. (Btw, I am a single unmarried filer.) Should I just ignore this?

Hey mom, I finally received my IL from Buffalo field office. But there's a question I don't understand. They asked me to bring a completed I-864 in the letter, but it seems it's a form for the sponsor, which doesn't make sense in the DV case. (Btw, I am a single unmarried filer.) Should I just ignore this?

Congratulations on getting the IL and thanks for the update. Be sure to update the Timeline spreadsheet with your info.

You can safely ignore the I-864 request, your IL appears to be a generic one used by your FO.

Hi Everybody,

I have good news to share. As I wrote in my previous post, I was going to wait until today to see if there was a chance I could hear back from USCIS either by mail or by my.uscis/uscis.dhs. Since I didn't get any news, I decided to submit an e-request for my case. About 8 hours later, I received a text message from USCIS saying that my case was updated. I immediately logged into my uscis.dhs account and now my cases status is "New Card Is Being Produced". Thanks so much Mom, Susie, and all of you for sharing your thoughts and each of your steps and timelines in this forum, it really makes a difference to feel that you're not alone in this process!

Hi Everybody,

I have good news to share. As I wrote in my previous post, I was going to wait until today to see if there was a chance I could hear back from USCIS either by mail or by my.uscis/uscis.dhs. Since I didn't get any news, I decided to submit an e-request for my case. About 8 hours later, I received a text message from USCIS saying that my case was updated. I immediately logged into my uscis.dhs account and now my cases status is "New Card Is Being Produced". Thanks so much Mom, Susie, and all of you for sharing your thoughts and each of your steps and timelines in this forum, it really makes a difference to feel that you're not alone in this process!

Congratulations and thanks for the update. Do update your timeline on the spreadsheet also.

Is there anyway to change my photo on my application for green card? I sent to them the new once with the gc and travel document but they used the old one for my travel document I don’t want them to use the old one for my green card too :/
i know many people have bigger issues on their applications but i just need to know if it is possible to change my photo or no!

Hi Everybody,

Great! So no interview for you?

Is there anyway to change my photo on my application for green card? I sent to them the new once with the gc and travel document but they used the old one for my travel document I don’t want them to use the old one for my green card too :/
i know many people have bigger issues on their applications but i just need to know if it is possible to change my photo or no!

This is a DV based AOS process thread, not a general thread for all AOS related questions. Please find and post your questions on an appropriate thread.

Hi Mom.
I have just noticed an update on USCIS website saying this;
As of July ..., 2020, fingerprints relating to your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number .... have been applied to your case. If you move, go to uscis website to give us your new mailing address. we will prepare your case for officer review, and will notify you if we need more information.
What does this mean?

Hi Mom.
I have just noticed an update on USCIS website saying this;
As of July ..., 2020, fingerprints relating to your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number .... have been applied to your case. If you move, go to uscis website to give us your new mailing address. we will prepare your case for officer review, and will notify you if we need more information.
What does this mean?

Have you had a bio appointment related to another case done in the US not too long ago?