• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 All Selectees

My interview is in a few days and I am so nervous

Fellow OC selectee here. Keen to hear how it all goes!

Therr is a checklist for Sydney embassy, I think I looked at it 100 times (and that was just on the morning of my interview).

Just on this, I notice the checklists for Spouse and Principal applicants both list Marriage certificate, does anyone know if you need two marriage certificates (I.e. one each) or if one for the two of you will suffice?

Last edited:
It’s extremely rare for someone holding an immigrant visa to be refused on entry - all the hard work is done before the visa is issued - and i’ve never heard of it happening with a DV visa. Just make sure you give yourself plenty of time to enter before it expires - don’t leave it to the last couple of days and risk some unforeseen travel event seeing the visa expire before you can use it.
Thanks!!!

I remember being nervous that I'd forget something to. There is a checklist for Sydney embassy, I think I looked at it 100 times (and that was just on the morning of my interview). I'm sure you are well prepared so just sit back, breathe and relax!!
Good Luck
Thank u!!

Just on this, I notice the checklists for Spouse and Principal applicants both list Marriage certificate, does anyone know if you need two marriage certificates (I.e. one each) or if one for the two of you will suffice?
I'm not sure as it was just me interviewing but I'd suggest taking a copy for both of you - better to be safe that sorry

Hi amc_556
I’m also OC selectee , what’s your case number. I’m in 2020OC18xx

Hi amc_556
I’m also OC selectee , what’s your case number. I’m in 2020OC18xx
I'm OC3xx. Only just submitted DS260 due to getting married a few weeks ago, so will be interesting to see how long the process takes, given my case number will be current next month.

I'm OC3xx. Only just submitted DS260 due to getting married a few weeks ago, so will be interesting to see how long the process takes, given my case number will be current next month.
It's likely to go quickly, you'll receive a request for further documents very soon and provided they are processed successfully and in time, you'll get your interview letter the following month

Hello everyone ! I have been selected for dv 2020. I am married but mistakenly I filled up as single on original entry. But I see somewhere that these kinds of case will get rejected during interviews. Anyone have come up with this kind of situation?

Hello everyone ! I have been selected for dv 2020. I am married but mistakenly I filled up as single on original entry. But I see somewhere that these kinds of case will get rejected during interviews. Anyone have come up with this kind of situation?

Of course it's going to be an issue. How does a married person mistakenly put themselves down as single? Applicants are given opportunity to review the application before submission.

Failure to list your eligible derivatives is not a mistake. The mistake was in you assuming you could simply ignore the rules and list your marital status as single.

This is an intentional omission considering the fact that the entry system wouldn’t have allowed you to continue with your entry submission (if you selected the married option under martial status, and not single) as you would have been required to provide your spouse’s photo and info.

This omission will lead to a denial/disqualification. We’ve seen this time and time again, year after year. Your best bet is to not waste resources in trying to pursue this selection, you should simply forget about it. Submit a new entry form for DV 2021 and truthfully fill out the form this time around. Keep your fingers crossed and hope you get lucky again.

It’s stated very clearly in the instructions for the entry and the instructions for selectees that this will be disqualified. Try again next year, and be honest next year.

Your selection letter will have a link that takes you to a website that says:
Important note: If you had a spouse or children prior to submitting your original entry, but you did not include them on your original entry form, then your case will be disqualified at the time of your visa interview. Neither you nor any of your family members will receive visas.

https://travel.state.gov/content/tr...ur-iv-and-alien-registration-application.html

Failure to list your eligible derivatives is not a mistake. The mistake was in you assuming you could simply ignore the rules and list your marital status as single.

This is an intentional omission considering the fact that the entry system wouldn’t have allowed you to continue with your entry submission (if you selected the married option under martial status, and not single) as you would have been required to provide your spouse’s photo and info.

This omission will lead to a denial/disqualification. We’ve seen this time and time again, year after year. Your best bet is to not waste resources in trying to pursue this selection, you should simply forget about it. Submit a new entry form for DV 2021 and truthfully fill out the form this time around. Keep your fingers crossed and hope you get lucky again.
Ml

Is there any possibility if I proceed as single on DS260 os just forget about it as there seems zero possibility.

Is there any possibility if I proceed as single on DS260 os just forget about it as there seems zero possibility.
If you processed as single you would by lying and no member of this forum would ever suggest that. Additionally, you would NEVER be able to bring your family over as that would uncover your lies and you would likely lose your green card

Reactions: YTM

That will be perpetuating the initial lie on the eDV entry form right, and you can’t call that another “mistake”, right?

Claiming to be single when you’re married is fraudulent. It will lead to a lifetime ban from the US if you try to proceed as such.

hello
we cant send a new DV 2021 for 5 days already we cant do it from USA nor from Israel or using VPN

it says after filling and sending

This page isn’t working
dvlottery.state.gov didn’t send any data.
ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE

what to do? did someone have this problem as well?

Hi everyone,
There are 2 people who have got paper emails and their numbers are around eu 27.xxx. they are telling they havent opened their ds260 as well. Do you have any idea what is happening.