• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 All Selectees

Hi sir
Greetings
I hve been following your page for the past 3 months and i got a lot from u thanks. Atleast i understand how things work.
I tried to predict my cn based on previous years and i didn't get fiscal year close to dv 2020 result other than 2017
Which had total number of selectees close to this year 83910 vs 83884
The numbers are close except the high numbers in this year for example in my region AF 2017 maximum ncn was 42xxx vs 75xxx
Based on the above i think this year it is more likely to see current with this high range up to 75xxx
So i tried to predict my cn(AF252xx) vissa bulletin month from January to march i may be wrong...
I hve question in my country(ethiopia) most of the previous years they selected more than 3000 but this year the winners are less than 2000
So, what do we expect both the good and bad effect?
Thanks

Hi all, just noticed now that the place of birth for my first son, mentioned upon entry is not the actual place of birth mentioned on the birth certificate.

Am still to fill and submit my DS 260 form, can i mention the correct place of birth? can that reduce our chances?

thank you all for your endless support.

I highly doubt it would affect you. Put the correct birth place on the DS 260 form. It has to match the birth certificate.

Hi all, my husband was applying EW3 visa since 2015 and DS260 have been submitted 2 years ago. Waiting for almost 4 years, we still waiting for interview arrangement. Luckily, I won the DV2020 and my CN is AS21xxx. According to Simon’s prediction, my case should have a chance to become current on next year. Now, I have a question, what if my husband decide to withdraw his EW3 visa application, will have any influence on my DV application?

Yes, my husband had the same thing. Funnily enough when we did DV was the first time he looked at his birth certificate and realized (1) he was born in a neighboring town to what he thought (2) his father’s name was not actually what everyone had called him !!
so relief to read this Sussie. thanks you

Hi all, my husband was applying EW3 visa since 2015 and DS260 have been submitted 2 years ago. Waiting for almost 4 years, we still waiting for interview arrangement. Luckily, I won the DV2020 and my CN is AS21xxx. According to Simon’s prediction, my case should have a chance to become current on next year. Now, I have a question, what if my husband decide to withdraw his EW3 visa application, will have any influence on my DV application?
No, but why would he withdraw it now rather than just keeping it in place as a backup?

Good morning Sir. Just 2 questions
1)Why I cannot see the spreadsheet?
2) According to previous VB, I should send my AOS package in October. The medical form is valid 6 months. What I am wondering is that if the 6 months refer also to the interview or just the time I will send the AOS package. Because I would like to do the medical exam before my semester starts, which is in the end of August.

Thank you in advance

2) According to previous VB, I should send my AOS package in October. The medical form is valid 6 months. What I am wondering is that if the 6 months refer also to the interview or just the time I will send the AOS package. Because I would like to do the medical exam before my semester starts, which is in the end of August.

Thank you in advance
1) This is all selectees' section. You can find it on first page of section DV 2019 AOS only.
2) This is from USCIS's website:
"The updated policy, which goes into effect on Nov. 1, 2018, will require applicants to submit a Form I-693 that is signed by a civil surgeon no more than 60 days before filing the underlying application for an immigration benefit. The Form I-693 would remain valid for a two-year period following the date the civil surgeon signed it. As such, USCIS is retaining the current maximum two-year validity period of Form I-693, but calculating it in a different manner to both enhance operational efficiencies and reduce the number of requests to applicants for an updated Form I-693."

Thank you in advance

Post your AOS related questions on the 2020 AOS Thread.

1) This is all selectees' section. You can find it on first page of section DV 2019 AOS only.
2) This is from USCIS's website:
"The updated policy, which goes into effect on Nov. 1, 2018, will require applicants to submit a Form I-693 that is signed by a civil surgeon no more than 60 days before filing the underlying application for an immigration benefit. The Form I-693 would remain valid for a two-year period following the date the civil surgeon signed it. As such, USCIS is retaining the current maximum two-year validity period of Form I-693, but calculating it in a different manner to both enhance operational efficiencies and reduce the number of requests to applicants for an updated Form I-693."

Thanks for answering OP’s questions. For future reference, suggest to anyone asking AOS related questions to post on the AOS thread. The questions and answers if treated here will be confusing to non AOSers.

So it means if I haven’t received an E-mail for interview appointment yet am still on the safe side?

When “you” get scheduled for an interview depends on when your CN becomes current and when KCC completes processing your forms/documents.

Hi friends, i need support. My name in the birth certificate was with three names (AAA, BBB, CCC). Before the end of high school I had BBB and CCC deleted to avoid problems with the documents. Now in my passport I have (for many years) only AAA. I participated in the DV2020 lottery and sent the DS260 with only AAA. When I send my birth certificate with AAA, BBB, CCC, can I have problems? or do I explain everything in the interview? what do you recommend? thank you

As i am gathering the docs for KCC (still waiting on the request), i do not need US Police certificate, right? I already have the police certificate from my home country. I see below in the travel.state.gov site. Can anybody confirm? Or does that apply only to the LPR?
Note: Present and former residents of the United States do NOT need to submit any U.S. police certificates.