• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 All Selectees

Hello forum,
Thank you for so much helpful information!

I have a question regarding incorrect birth city of main applicant. It turned out that the birthcity given on eDV is a name of district of the actual person's birthcity . Does it lead to disqualification as this person is a main applicant?

Also the problem is that he cannot edit the city in DS-260 as it always times out after updating this particular information (while editing of other fields works fine). Is it something that KCC can edit on their side because he's been trying to unsuccessfully edit the birthplace for like three days in a row?

Thank you very much and forgive me if this is something that has been asked before.

Congratulations for all DV selectees!

Can someone let me know if you or someone you know in Asia region getting an email from KCC to submit more documents? If so, what is case number?

Thanks,

Last edited:
No, it’s lottery. Meaning that people are selected randomly. This is done in the background before results are released to the public.

The Case Number (CN) is like a ticket for selected people. The lower the number, the earlier you’ll get to interview and possibly get a green card. This number is important because there’s a cutoff. If your number is outside this cutoff before September 30, 2020 then you don’t get a green card.
Good explanation!

As i am gathering the docs for KCC (still waiting on the request), i do not need US Police certificate, right? I already have the police certificate from my home country. I see below in the travel.state.gov site. Can anybody confirm? Or does that apply only to the AOS folks?
Note: Present and former residents of the United States do NOT need to submit any U.S. police certificates.
Anybody on this one?

Can’t believe Acting head of USCIS said this following a arrest of a fringe who happens to be USC via DV Lottery.
“The diversity lottery is very dangerous, and it needs to go. @realDonaldTrump and I both want to see it ended. Time for a more merit-focused immigration system w/o dangerous holes like the diversity lottery! Yikes.”

The reason I posted this is how scrutinized the DV AOS or even CP applications will be these days .

Can’t believe Acting head of USCIS said this following a arrest of a fringe who happens to be USC via DV Lottery.
“The diversity lottery is very dangerous, and it needs to go. @realDonaldTrump and I both want to see it ended. Time for a more merit-focused immigration system w/o dangerous holes like the diversity lottery! Yikes.”

The reason I posted this is how scrutinized the DV AOS or even CP applications will be these days .

It's political posturing, DV applicants undergo the same security procedures every other immigrant visa type does.
That said I agree that merit based immigration should replace not only DV (which is so small in the big immigration picture it doesn't really matter) but the ridiculous number of extended-family-based migrants currently allowed under US law without even the basic skills requirement DV has.

Good afternoon!
The affidavit of support must be Form I-864? What is the difference between that one and the I 134?
Thank you

B
It's political posturing, DV applicants undergo the same security procedures every other immigrant visa type does.
That said I agree that merit based immigration should replace not only DV (which is so small in the big immigration picture it doesn't really matter) but the ridiculous number of extended-family-based migrants currently allowed under US law without even the basic skills requirement DV has.
But can it happen under a Democratic controlled congress?

It is really unfair to see that all winners from Nepal can get their Green Cards in these Travel Ban era when the Iranian cannot get their visas.
The DOS must maintain the cap for Nepal from the beginning all the way to the end of the fiscal year.
Nepal has 3,633 winners in DV2019. I'm pretty sure all of these 3,633 people from Nepal will eventually get their green cards and that would be discriminatory against other people from Asia and we will witness it as long as the ban exists. Visa Bulletin for Asia are not organized fairly in the Travel Ban era. They really need to be more proactive about it.

B

But can it happen under a Democratic controlled congress?

The original proposal for immigration reform was bipartisan. (What makes you think Democrats want floods of unskilled people to keep coming just because they are someone's brother in law anyway?) Anyway if you want to discuss prospects for immigration reform, start another thread.

It is really unfair to see that all winners from Nepal can get their Green Cards in these Travel Ban era when the Iranian cannot get their visas.
The DOS must maintain the cap for Nepal from the beginning all the way to the end of the fiscal year.
Nepal has 3,633 winners in DV2019. I'm pretty sure all of these 3,633 people from Nepal will eventually get their green cards and that would be discriminatory against other people from Asia and we will witness it as long as the ban exists. Visa Bulletin for Asia are not organized fairly in the Travel Ban era. They really need to be more proactive about it.

I don't see the WH/DHS/DOS/Congress getting their act together on the travel ban or cap situation.

You do realize that winners are selected in proportion to entry? If there are more Nepalese winners than most other Asian countries, it's because there are more entering. Nothing to do with the travel ban.

So to make it "fair" all the Nepal winners should be held up because the Iranian cases cannot be issued. What nonsense. By this flawed logic, no visas should be given to selectees of any country! As Susie points out, a Nepal selectee had the same (or less) chance as anyone else in the region. So why should they wait because of Iranian cases?