• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 All Selectees

Hi Guys,

I am going to change from AOS to CP, but what about the CP's processing sequence?
I filed DS260 with AOS, but I am going to send it to CP to change it. I am curious about the next processes..
I just saw a little in front of the AOS spreadsheet. I've also seen the Consular Processing Issues-Immigrant Visas Forum, but it seems I do not have accurate information.

I would appreciate your attention.

Hi Guys,

I am going to change from AOS to CP, but what about the CP's processing sequence?
I filed DS260 with AOS, but I am going to send it to CP to change it. I am curious about the next processes..
I just saw a little in front of the AOS spreadsheet. I've also seen the Consular Processing Issues-Immigrant Visas Forum, but it seems I do not have accurate information.

Sorry to trouble you on this, just had a quick question, Any reason why you are changing from AOS to CP ? Can this be changed in the middle of the process ?

Hi Guys,

Read your 1NL (selectee notification letter) and follow the links on it for CP processing guidance.

Sorry to trouble you on this, just had a quick question, Any reason why you are changing from AOS to CP ? Can this be changed in the middle of the process ?
I think it's hard to keep my current visa any longer. :confused: As far as I know, it is still possible (until receiving 2NL) to change in the middle.

Have 2020 DV selectees started getting requests for supporting documents yet? It’s been little more than 1.5 months since the DS-260 was submitted. What has been the average time period between submission and request of documents ?

Yep I got asked for documents 2 weeks ago and I submitted my DS260 form in late May/early June and I’m DV2020

Guys I believe you are making fun of me for nothing. When you see the spreadsheet, no one take notes on which form does a person need to print? Really there was no reason to put copyright to me. I really do not understand all this sarcasm. For what? Because I wrote what I need for the AOS process on a piece of paper? Really for that?

Not really @Giovanna We are all here to learn. Let lose and laugh a little. Take what you need and what you don't need. It is well. We live and learn. This journey needs some tough love. If you read through, it was all about a generalization of all the questions not just you or me but previous dv selectees have asked so we started throwing business name ideas for our lovely moderators here. Please smile. We are in this journey together

Not really @Giovanna We are all here to learn. Let lose and laugh a little. Take what you need and what you don't need. It is well. We live and learn. This journey needs some tough love. If you read through, it was all about a generalization of all the questions not just you or me but previous dv selectees have asked so we started throwing business name ideas for our lovely moderators here. Please smile. We are in this journey together
Absolutely, I agree, no problem guys

I was drawn from Oceania: OC 6XX. It sounds low, but going by previous years it would seem my number won't be called until March/April 2020. Is that too late?

My case is a bit complicated as I'm a G4 visa holder already residing in the US. When I completed the online application I checked the box to request my case be transferred to USCIS to apply for an adjustment of status in country. I've received a letter from the State Department stating the following:

"To determine whether you are eligible to adjust your status you must contact USCIS to obtain instructions on how to make an appointment with your local USCIS office. When contacting your local USCIS office they may inform you that you will not be eligible to file your adjustment until your case number is current and available for processing."

The problem is, I can't find anything on USCIS' website that addresses my situation (only other A/G visa types that have diplomatic immunity). Unlike other G visa types, I do not have diplomatic immunity with a G4, so it should not be necessary for me to file Form I-508 immunity waiver.

I don't seem to be able to contact USCIS to determine my eligibility for adjustment of status. What do I do?

You will be current, muxh faster than you expect - almost certainly before 2020.

Hi all, just noticed now that the place of birth for my first son, mentioned upon entry is not the actual place of birth mentioned on the birth certificate.

Am still to fill and submit my DS 260 form, can i mention the correct place of birth? can that reduce our chances?

thank you all for your endless support.

Hi sir
Greetings
I hve been following your page for the past 3 months and i got a lot from u thanks. Atleast i understand how things work.
I tried to predict my cn based on previous years and i didn't get fiscal year close to dv 2020 result other than 2017
Which had total number of selectees close to this year 83910 vs 83884
The numbers are close except the high numbers in this year for example in my region AF 2017 maximum ncn was 42xxx vs 75xxx
Based on the above i think this year it is more likely to see current with this high range up to 75xxx
So i tried to predict my cn(AF252xx) vissa bulletin month from January to march i may be wrong...
I hve question in my country(ethiopia) most of the previous years they selected more than 3000 but this year the winners are less than 2000
So, what do we expect both the good and bad effect?
Thanks

I am new here..
I would like to know how long it takes before a green card visa application interview is scheduled after submitting the DS-260 form

I am new here..
I would like to know how long it takes before a green card visa application interview is scheduled after submitting the DS-260 form
I think it is just 3 or 4 weeks. But it also depends if you are in the current fiscal year (like if you are dv2020 and sent the ds260 in May, you won't be interviewed until october) and your case number is current (if you are dv2020 with high case number, you will be called when your number is current, regardless how soon you sent the DS). Now, if you are dv2019 and your CN is current, you should call kcc immediately and check if they are processing your forms.

Hi all, just noticed now that the place of birth for my first son, mentioned upon entry is not the actual place of birth mentioned on the birth certificate.

Am still to fill and submit my DS 260 form, can i mention the correct place of birth? can that reduce our chances?

thank you all for your endless support.

It won’t be a problem. (Son is not principal applicant and anyway I assume country is the same?)

many thanks for the response SusieQQQ I really hope so! yes country is the same as a matter of fact just neighboring towns.

Yes, my husband had the same thing. Funnily enough when we did DV was the first time he looked at his birth certificate and realized (1) he was born in a neighboring town to what he thought (2) his father’s name was not actually what everyone had called him !!