• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 All Selectees

That's just a standard formula. The same phrase was used in DV-2018, which ended in cutoffs. Also it means that they plan to use all the visas, which is not equivalent to: give the visas to all selectees.
I understand that, obviously. And I haven't seen that phrase before, that's what excited me so much. On my first year winning, it said something like "not all selectees will be called to interview" or something like that (in the 1st letter)

I understand that, obviously. And I haven't seen that phrase before, that's what excited me so much. On my first year winning, it said something like "not all selectees will be called to interview" or something like that (in the 1st letter)

Does DV2020 1NL not a have similar statement?

Does DV2020 1NL not a have similar statement?
Actually not like that. This year it says "Selection does not guarantee that you will receive a visa because the number of applicants selected is greater than the number of visas available. Therefore, it is very important that you carefully follow instructions to increase your chances of possible visa issuance."

In DV2014 also said the number of selectees that year. It was something around 120,000 if I remember well.

It is obvious that selection does not guarantee a visa. You also have to actually get to the interview hahahahahahahaha. But yes, it is different. I'll see if I can find my previous 1NL

Actually not like that. This year it says "Selection does not guarantee that you will receive a visa because the number of applicants selected is greater than the number of visas available. Therefore, it is very important that you carefully follow instructions to increase your chances of possible visa issuance."

In DV2014 also said the number of selectees that year. It was something around 120,000 if I remember well.

It is obvious that selection does not guarantee a visa. You also have to actually get to the interview hahahahahahahaha. But yes, it is different. I'll see if I can find my previous 1NL

It’s still more or less the same thing regardless of the wording. The only difference is the fact that the 1NL did not state the number of selectees for DV2020 - both statements still means the same thing.

What are the expectations for the DV2020 interviews after selecting the candidates, especially Egypt, reaching 5560 winners, and is there a chance for more than 50 thousand numbers in Egypt

@Sm1smom

What are the expectations for the DV2020 interviews after selecting the candidates, especially Egypt, reaching 5560 winners, and is there a chance for more than 50 thousand numbers in Egypt

@Sm1smom

By law maximum visas can go to any single country is 7% of total, so if 50k DVs that means 3500 visas available for Egypt. So will depend mainly on the response rate and refusals. I'm not sure what typical response rate is for Egypt.

Reactions: Lya
Ok I just read the new Visa Bulletin. It says something really weird and first time I read it:
Approximately 83,884 applicants have been registered and notified and may now make an application for an immigrant visa. Since it is likely that some of the persons registered will not pursue their cases to visa issuance, this larger figure should insure that all DV-2020 numbers will be used during fiscal year 2020 (October 1, 2019 until September 30, 2020).
It gives me hope, actually... and I think looks pretty good to a lot of DV2020 high numbers over there.
Am I reading this correctly?

You are reading correctly.

Vero, you are going to get current! (50% holes rate in SA).

Excellent news for DV2020. They have implemented some new disqualification method (prior to announcement) creating MASSIVE hole rates (low density).

I am posting a long rambling video about it - but basically - good news all ound. I'm not saying all regions will be current yet - but some will...

Excellent news for DV2020. They have implemented some new disqualification method (prior to announcement) creating MASSIVE hole rates (low density).

I am posting a long rambling video about it - but basically - good news all ound. I'm not saying all regions will be current yet - but some will...
Hi. If you could give me any detail about the situation with Cuba. My CN is 38XX. Would have opportunity right ?

Hello Britsimon please the the total selectee of 1,343 in Ghana for DV 2020 can there a possibility of all going current?
thanks

Hello Britsimon please the the total selectee of 1,343 in Ghana for DV 2020 can there a possibility of all going current?
thanks

Ghana is under the AF region, it isn’t one of the typical countries that fall outside of the AF region under the exception rule. So if AF goes current, that covers Ghana.