• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 All Selectees

Thanks for your prompt response it will be of great help
Please can my wife take her interview in Europe while i do mine in CAMEROON ?

I already stated your wife will need to join you for your interview.

KCC schedules the interview based on the main selectee’s current residential address. So your interview will be scheduled based on your address, KCC will not schedule a separate interview date for your wife.

However, if you can coordinate with the US embassy where your scheduled interview takes place and get them to forward your case file after your approval to the US embassy with jurisdiction over where your wife is in Europe, and hope that embassy may have an open slot and subsequently schedule your wife’s interview, then proceed with interviewing in different locations. Just be aware this is an unnecessary complication that could end up costing your wife her visa. There’s no guarantee your embassy will forward your case file in a timely manner or that the US embassy in Europe will welcome the idea of scheduling a different interview date for your wife.

Question about DS-260
On the opening page I had originally selected AOS, 'send to USCIS', the first time I logged in. I changed my mind and decided to do 'doing interview abroad'. That option seems to be locked now, it doesn't let me change it. The form has not been submitted yet. How can I unlock that first option? Still by writing an e-mail to KCC, even if not submitted yet? Thank you for your help.

Question about DS-260
On the opening page I had originally selected AOS, 'send to USCIS', the first time I logged in. I changed my mind and decided to do 'doing interview abroad'. That option seems to be locked now, it doesn't let me change it. The form has not been submitted yet. How can I unlock that first option? Still by writing an e-mail to KCC, even if not submitted yet? Thank you for your help.
Yes you will need to email KCC and advise that you no longer wish to process AOS

Question about DS-260

You actually have to submit the form first, then you’ll email KCC letting them know you’re changing from AOS to CP. The section of the form doesn’t get unlocked but KCC will note down your change request and process you accordingly.

Hi all, many thanks to all for the Brilliant information.
I have been selected for the DV 2020 with a very high CN 2020AF658xx. following your advises and that of the Great Brit Simon, i have not submitted my DS260 form yet. my concern here is. I live in the UAE with my Wife and 2 kids. my first son lives in my home country and studying to reduce the cost on the family. I understand that we all have to be present for interview in Abu Dhabi as our POST. is it wise for us to move our son here to stay with us while we wait for our time for interviews ?? following our high case number will this be a good RISK?

thank you all for your kind support and guidance.

Hi Moderators

My wife got selected on the lottery for the DV 2020 , our son and me accompanying to her. we are Egyptians living in Kuwait. my son recently enrolled at the university in Egypt in late 2018 and lived there to study for nearly nine months a year. He returned to Kuwait during the university holiday (about three months) a year to live with us, and on some occasions like Christmas and Easter to Kuwait during the months of study to celebrate with us.

As per the above details and to answer this question, "Dose this child live with you?"

Is he lives with me or No?
Just to be sure, your son started university in
I have been selected for the DV 2020 with a very high CN 2020AF658xx. following your advises and that of the Great Brit Simon, i have not submitted my DS260 form yet. my concern here is. I live in the UAE with my Wife and 2 kids. my first son lives in my home country and studying to reduce the cost on the family. I understand that we all have to be present for interview in Abu Dhabi as our POST. is it wise for us to move our son here to stay with us while we wait for our time for interviews ?? following our high case number will this be a good RISK?

I'd say since it's too early to tell, don't disrupt his learning. Wait till your number goes current and 2NL arrives. Then you will know how to go from there.

He only needs to come over for the interview, he doesn't need to move there. He is under 21 I presume?

He only needs to come over for the interview, he doesn't need to move there. He is under 21 I presume?
Hello @SusieQQQ, do we need to get police certificates for kids that studied secondary in boarding schools abroad for 4 years but obviously never stayed there continuously for more than 6 months?

Hello @SusieQQQ, do we need to get police certificates for kids that studied secondary in boarding schools abroad for 4 years but obviously never stayed there continuously for more than 6 months?

If they were there for a year or more after the age of 16, yes, I would call that residing there for sure. I presume you mean they were not there continuously longer than 6 months because they came to where you were living on vacation? That doesn't change the fact that they were residing there any more than you going on vacation abroad a month a year means you don't need a PCC ...

If they were there for a year or more after the age of 16, yes, I would call that residing there for sure. I presume you mean they were not there continuously longer than 6 months because they came to where you were living on vacation? That doesn't change the fact that they were residing there any more than you going on vacation abroad a month a year means you don't need a PCC ...
Yes, they had about 3 terms a year with about 3 months a term and a break of 1 month after every term.

Good news everyone, the statistics for DV2020 are out (see Visa Bulletin; for some reason I can't post the link here) ! I am eagerly waiting for BritSimon's and Sm1smom's analysis :D.

Good news everyone, the statistics for DV2020 are out (see Visa Bulletin; for some reason I can't post the link here) ! I am eagerly waiting for BritSimon's and Sm1smom's analysis :D.

It looks like that on the post that it’s is expected all the numbers to become current for fiscal year 2020 (it may be a general message) but we will need to wait and see what will happen.

Last edited:
Ok I just read the new Visa Bulletin. It says something really weird and first time I read it:
Approximately 83,884 applicants have been registered and notified and may now make an application for an immigrant visa. Since it is likely that some of the persons registered will not pursue their cases to visa issuance, this larger figure should insure that all DV-2020 numbers will be used during fiscal year 2020 (October 1, 2019 until September 30, 2020).
It gives me hope, actually... and I think looks pretty good to a lot of DV2020 high numbers over there.
Am I reading this correctly?

Ok I just read the new Visa Bulletin. It says something really weird and first time I read it:
Approximately 83,884 applicants have been registered and notified and may now make an application for an immigrant visa. Since it is likely that some of the persons registered will not pursue their cases to visa issuance, this larger figure should insure that all DV-2020 numbers will be used during fiscal year 2020 (October 1, 2019 until September 30, 2020).
It gives me hope, actually... and I think looks pretty good to a lot of DV2020 high numbers over there.
That’s exactly what I read. Looks like there are massive holes. This gives hopes to the people with really high numbers.

The theory of overselecting is not true. The number of selectees is a bit lower than previous year which was 87,610.
But for a better vision you should check your specific region. I checked Asia region. The number of selectees is 15,941 which is slightly lower than two previous years. It means that Visa Bulletin for 2020 will be very similar to two recent years.

That's just a standard formula. The same phrase was used in DV-2018, which ended in cutoffs. Also it means that they plan to use all the visas, which is not equivalent to: give the visas to all selectees.

That's just a standard formula. The same phrase was used in DV-2018, which ended in cutoffs. Also it means that they plan to use all the visas, which is not equivalent to: give the visas to all selectees.

I agree with this statement.

That said, it is a low number of overall selectees and should be good news for those selected.

Hi, yes I think you are. By comparison DV2019 had 87,610 selectees and all went current in July - See VB Aug2018; and DV2017 had 83,910 and all went current in April - See VB July 2016. The CN allocation for DV2020 seems to be totally different but I don't know how relevant that is. Maybe someone here can tell us if that represents any significant difference.