• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 All Selectees

Guys please I need help!! Please it's advisable to send my DS-260 with my civil Documents or I should send the DS -260 and until am asked to send them?:cool:

Guys please I need help!! Please it's advisable to send my DS-260 with my civil Documents or I should send the DS -260 and until am asked to send them?:cool:

The whole process is clearly outlined on their site: Travel.State.Gov > U.S. Visas > Immigrate > Diversity Visa Program - Entry > If You Are Selected > Submit Supporting Documents.

I also think it would be explained in your selection letter and in the actual application form.

You do know that the DS-260 does not get 'sent' in paper, but submitted online, right?

Once you submit DS260, wait until KCC requests for the documents. There's an email address specifically they ask that you send the documents (they will list them for you).

Hi everyone!first time on this forum.
its my first time applying for dv lottery and Ive been selected.But my situation is that Im in US already, pending derivative asylum.
waiting for interview almost 4 years. my visa expired long time ago.
1.are there any chances to successfully proceed with dv lottery?
2.what if I'll try,but would ineligible,would it do any bad,since we still have asylum pending?
my lottery number is EU000083**. is it good or bad?

Hi there! My situation is very similar but even more tricky) I am in pending asylum, I am principal applicant on asylum and I am in Immigration Court now waiting for the court decision to be announced in August. Majority of lawyers are saying it is not possible to adjust status in my situation, but I do have doubts about it. This process is not easy and requires real works. so most likely layers are too lazy to deal with such uncommon situation. I decided to study all related legislation myself and proceed anyway, cause I've heard about cased when people were in pending asylum and were able to adjust status. That is why I am also really interested in answer on the 1st question you asked. As for the 2nd question - there will be nothing bad to your asylum application, the worst what can happen if you are rejected in AOS is you'll loose money. $330 DV lottery fee + $1225 green card fee for each family member. I decided to risk and to use this chance. Good luck!

Read up as much as you can and try to understand the process and start gathering your applicable documents before submitting your DS260 form. Your CN will not become current in 2019, you don’t get any advantage with a super early submission. You may want to want until around January to see the VB progression before submitting your DS260.
Hi Mom! Do I understand right that we can not pay $330 DV AOS fee untill visa becomes current? So meaning we can not pay it in 2019, and have to wait until 2020?

Hi Mom! Do I understand right that we can not pay $330 DV AOS fee untill visa becomes current? So meaning we can not pay it in 2019, and have to wait until 2020?

That is not correct. Any DV2020 selectee planning on processing AOS can go ahead and make the $330 DV administrative fee now if they wish - as long as those with higher CNs are aware that fee is non refundable if their CNs do not become current.

And I’m not saying wait until until the CN becomes current before making they payment either. My recommendation is for anyone in that situation to keep an eye on the VB and make the payment if it looks like their CN May become current.

@OnTheGo yeah is via online

So all the information was available to you. With all due respect, please make an effort to read through all the information before asking unnecessary questions. It is okay to ask if something in the information is unclear but this forum is not a replacement for your own diligence. Some would call it laziness.

That is not correct. Any DV2020 selectee planning on processing AOS can go ahead and make the $330 DV administrative fee now if they wish - as long as those with higher CNs are aware that fee is non refundable if their CNs do not become current.

And I’m not saying wait until until the CN becomes current before making they payment either. My recommendation is for anyone in that situation to keep an eye on the VB and make the payment if it looks like their CN May become current.
Can payment of the DV fee signify immigrant intent?

Dear Mom! Happy 4th of July!

Thank you very much for your reply.
I have read all information provided in the spreadshit. OMG, I do see that collecting this spreadsheet required so much work, knowledge and time, and it has so much valuable for people trying to do DV based AOS. Thank you!!!

I have been in the US since 2012 and applied for asylum still being in legal status. Later on my case was referred to the Immigration Court. So it took me almost 7 years. This March I had my final Individual hearing and now I am waiting for the decision to be announced in August 6. Surprise, surprise, but this May found out that I have been finally selected as DV applicant (I have been playing all this years). I was happy thinking that I will be able to apply for AOS before my hearing on August 6 bringing I-485 with for the court hearing. After reading all the information I have submitted my DS-260. I made cashier's check for $330 fee and sent it to the Department of State. Only yesterday I have realized that I got it wrong! I checked visa availability in the Visa Bulletin and I thought that my visa is current in July as my number is 2020EU00027XXX, but yesterday after reading one of your replies I realized that visas current in the bulletin are for 2019 (not 2020). Thank God the letter with my check was not yet delivered and I was able to cancel it. No I guess I will have to wait till the Immigration coutrt decision on August 6. If it is yes, I will get an asylum and I believe it is going to be faster to do AOS via asylum status then, right? If it is a denial, I will have to appeal and try to do AOS via DV. I would appriciate any suggestions / advices if you have any as for my situation. Do I miss anything?

I do appriciate all your work and support!

Dear Mom! Happy 4th of July!

Thank you very much for your reply.
I have read all information provided in the spreadshit. OMG, I do see that collecting this spreadsheet required so much work, knowledge and time, and it has so much valuable for people trying to do DV based AOS. Thank you!!!

I have been in the US since 2012 and applied for asylum still being in legal status. Later on my case was referred to the Immigration Court. So it took me almost 7 years. This March I had my final Individual hearing and now I am waiting for the decision to be announced in August 6. Surprise, surprise, but this May found out that I have been finally selected as DV applicant (I have been playing all this years). I was happy thinking that I will be able to apply for AOS before my hearing on August 6 bringing I-485 with for the court hearing. After reading all the information I have submitted my DS-260. I made cashier's check for $330 fee and sent it to the Department of State. Only yesterday I have realized that I got it wrong! I checked visa availability in the Visa Bulletin and I thought that my visa is current in July as my number is 2020EU00027XXX, but yesterday after reading one of your replies I realized that visas current in the bulletin are for 2019 (not 2020). Thank God the letter with my check was not yet delivered and I was able to cancel it. No I guess I will have to wait till the Immigration coutrt decision on August 6. If it is yes, I will get an asylum and I believe it is going to be faster to do AOS via asylum status then, right? If it is a denial, I will have to appeal and try to do AOS via DV. I would appriciate any suggestions / advices if you have any as for my situation. Do I miss anything?

I do appriciate all your work and support!

Happy 4th to you too. Unfortunately I can’t comment on your situation, I limit the guidance I provide to straightforward DV process.

All the best with your hearing though.

Hi everyone,

I received an email from KCC telling me to submit my documents. I have requested a police certificate from my home country, but it will take a while for them to process and then post it to me (I’m guessing a few weeks). It is now July so I was wondering if there Is anything I can do to speed up the process as I believe that my interview will be in Oct/November given my low case number in the 100s? I think I read somewhere here that we get an email about our interviews being scheduled 4-6 weeks before (August) so I’m sort of freaking out about what to do with my last document (police certificate)!

Thanks for your help!
wow good news for us winners DV2020

I still don't understand how a larger than normal number of selectees with unusually high case numbers in DV2020, could be seen as a good thing or a reason for hope for those with high case numbers allocated, as stated by @Ike87. Just because the proportion of selectees with substantially higher case numbers than in previous DV lottery periods might be bigger (not proven yet), it doesn't mean the chances are better on a high case number than it would have been in previous periods.

If anything, I'd say they selected perhaps 180k or even 200k people and obviously this then means the majority would miss out no matter what.
How’s that even possible.
KCC is still processing DV2019 selectees & no Visa bulletin for DV2020 selectees is out yet.
Can somebody explain this?

How’s that even possible.
KCC is still processing DV2019 selectees & no Visa bulletin for DV2020 selectees is out yet.
Can somebody explain this?

Yes that is possible. KCC is done processing majority of the DS260 for 2019 selectees. They only have one month of interview scheduling left. So it definitely makes sense for them to start 2020 processing now considering interview notifications for 2020 selectees will begin to go out from August.

Yes that is possible. KCC is done processing majority of the DS260 for 2019 selectees. They only have one month of interview scheduling left. So it definitely makes sense for them to start 2020 processing now considering interview notifications for 2020 selectees will begin to go out from August.
Mom, couple more questions.
I’m a DV2020 selectee CN AF68XXX.
I’m moroccan. I live & study in Ukraine from September to June. I come back to Morocco, my home country, from June to September.

1- Where should my documents’ gathering be conducted, in Ukraine or in Morocco.

2- I’m asking for your personal opinion on, when should I fill & submit my DS-360 form?

Thank you in advance.

Mom, couple more questions.
I’m a DV2020 selectee CN AF68XXX.
I’m moroccan. I live & study in Ukraine from September to June. I come back to Morocco, my home country, from June to September.

1- Where should my documents’ gathering be conducted, in Ukraine or in Morocco.

2- I’m asking for your personal opinion on, when should I fill & submit my DS-360 form?

Thank you in advance.

1. I’m not sure what you mean by documents gathering being conducted. You’ll have to decide on where you wish for your interview to be conducted. Of course it makes sense for to happen in your home country since the COs will be a lot more familiar with your HS Diploma, but then the interview could happen at a time you may be in the midst of exams in Ukraine or at a time when it’s hard for you to travel back home. So you’ll have to decide on your own, you know your situation better.

2. I also can’t tell you when you should fill and submit your DS260. The most I can say for now is wait until we have a better idea of the total number of selectees and possibly until we figure out the rate of holes in between the CNs. Your CN is not likely to become current before the first quarter of 2020, so you happen time on your side.

You summed it up for me & gave me exactly the information I needed. Thank you. In the mean time, as you said, let’s wait.