• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 All Selectees

@OnTheGo Hope you read this part of his analysis (The results of DV2020 appear to be very different with less winners in range 0-20k, and much more people in higher numbers.)

Personally I don't think you can gain anything from that graph.
The data is based on 20ish random people from a pool of THOUSANDS!
The best anyone can do is wait until we know more information about how many selectees there were this year and then wait a little longer (January) until scraping can uncover holes etc.
Building people's hope or crushing their dreams is just silly right now. In the words of the ever so wise Simon - let's just wait and see!!

Hey everybody!
I submitted my DS260 a while ago, and now I will need to go back to my home country, right now I'm living in Canada.
I'm not sure how long I will stay in my country, can be 1 month, can be 3 months. Should I update the DS?
I'm ok to go to Montrèal for the interview even if Im in my home country, and hopefully the embassy will allow me to pick up the passport within my stay there (if I pass the interview of course).

The best anyone can do is wait until we know more information about how many selectees there were this year and then wait a little longer (January) until scraping can uncover holes etc.
Building people's hope or crushing their dreams is just silly right now. In the words of the ever so wise Simon - let's just wait and see!!

LOL - thanks for the vote of confidence.

I have been avoiding putting any theories out there about what I think is going on. As you say - the wise choice is to wait to see the selectee numbers. That will give us a good idea what is happening...

No one's trying to "build hopes" or "crush dreams". The chart is merely comparing CN tendencies of DV2019 vs DV2020. With all due respect there's more than '20ish' people in there. As a matter of fact it's based on roughly 400 people from EU region.
While the chart can't tell how fast/slow the interview process will go this year, it clearly shows significant growth of CN > 30k.
It doesn't guarantee anything, but this data is somewhat representative at least for EU region and can be further enhanced with the help of this forum.

interesting the scrapling process! what are the holes? people who don't do the ds260 module?

While the chart can't tell how fast/slow the interview process will go this year, it clearly shows significant growth of CN > 30k.
It doesn't guarantee anything, but this data is somewhat representative at least for EU region and can be further enhanced with the help of this forum.
You have no way at this stage of judging whether or not the sample of ~400 is representative of EU selectees. We don’t know the number or split of the total yet, so you can’t say anything substantive at this stage about the sample other than it’s interesting.

Hi everyone,

I received an email from KCC telling me to submit my documents. I have requested a police certificate from my home country, but it will take a while for them to process and then post it to me (I’m guessing a few weeks). It is now July so I was wondering if there Is anything I can do to speed up the process as I believe that my interview will be in Oct/November given my low case number in the 100s? I think I read somewhere here that we get an email about our interviews being scheduled 4-6 weeks before (August) so I’m sort of freaking out about what to do with my last document (police certificate)!

Thanks for your help!

I still don't understand how a larger than normal number of selectees with unusually high case numbers in DV2020, could be seen as a good thing or a reason for hope for those with high case numbers allocated, as stated by @Ike87. Just because the proportion of selectees with substantially higher case numbers than in previous DV lottery periods might be bigger (not proven yet), it doesn't mean the chances are better on a high case number than it would have been in previous periods.

If anything, I'd say they selected perhaps 180k or even 200k people and obviously this then means the majority would miss out no matter what.

I still don't understand how a larger than normal number of selectees with unusually high case numbers in DV2020, could be seen as a good thing or a reason for hope for those with high case numbers allocated, as stated by @Ike87. Just because the proportion of selectees with substantially higher case numbers than in previous DV lottery periods might be bigger (not proven yet), it doesn't mean the chances are better on a high case number than it would have been in previous periods.

If anything, I'd say they selected perhaps 180k or even 200k people and obviously this then means the majority would miss out no matter what.
good analysis

@Dolphintail Good! have they already started asking for documents for the dv2020? what CN do you have? 1 **?

Yep they have asked for documents for my DV2020 and yes case number 1XX. I requested my police certificate last Monday but haven’t gotten an email from them confirming they have processed and posted it. They told me to contact them after 15 days have passed but that will then be mid July so realistically I probably won’t have my police certificate until end of the month... I’m not sure if I should be concerned or alarmed about this

Yep they have asked for documents for my DV2020 and yes case number 1XX. I requested my police certificate last Monday but haven’t gotten an email from them confirming they have processed and posted it. They told me to contact them after 15 days have passed but that will then be mid July so realistically I probably won’t have my police certificate until end of the month... I’m not sure if I should be concerned or alarmed about this
wow! the selection has started for us dv2020! don't worry you have time for documents. good luck

Hi everyone,

I received an email from KCC telling me to submit my documents. I have requested a police certificate from my home country, but it will take a while for them to process and then post it to me (I’m guessing a few weeks). It is now July so I was wondering if there Is anything I can do to speed up the process as I believe that my interview will be in Oct/November given my low case number in the 100s? I think I read somewhere here that we get an email about our interviews being scheduled 4-6 weeks before (August) so I’m sort of freaking out about what to do with my last document (police certificate)!

Thanks for your help!

No need to "freak out". If you don't submit your documents in time for October interviews, you'll get a later interview. No problem, the visas issued in November are the same as those issued in October.