• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 All Selectees

Thank you very much for your answer. Are you sure H2B is a dual intent. As far as I know, H1B is, but I’m not sure about H2B.

Ma bad and thanks for catching that. Indeed, H2B IS NOT a dual intent visa. So ignore the section from my previous response re H2B being a dual intent visa. The rest of the response however are still very much applicable.

Focus on renewing your current visa, hold off on submitting the DS260 which is a clear demonstration of an immigrant intent.

Hi does anyone know if I pay my DV lottery fee for AOS, then change my mind and pursue consular processing, if I must pay the fee again? I would hope I could show receipt from AOS fee and use it for consular...

You will have to pay again. Payment is made directly to the applicable embassy for CP.

Hi all !
I am one of the selected for the 2020 DV lottery :eek:
I'm EU289xx (Italy)
Is my CN too high?

two questions:
1 -I have already sent the ds260, after how long will I receive the email with instructions for sending the documents? 2/3 months?
2 - After the KCC receives the documents, after how many months do they set the interview? 5/7 months?

Thank you and we hope to receive the GC! :)

Hi all !
I am one of the selected for the 2020 DV lottery :eek:
I'm EU289xx (Italy)
Is my CN too high?

Your case number appears to be medium high.

2 - After the KCC receives the documents, after how many months do they set the interview? 5/7 months?

Your interview will only be scheduled when your case number becomes current.

Have a read of @Britsimon 's excellent blog post to understand the visa bulletin and what it means for you.
Refer to the table on that page, it is on the EU-region tab by default. Going by the historical visa bulletin, your number could become current between April and June 2020.

http://britsimonsays.com/historical-visa-bulletin-numbers/

Mom, so trying to understand the visa bulletin data, eg 1000 for October for Asisa, 2000 for November so if 2500 is you case number , so that will be current in December or 1000+2000=3000 (2500 CN will be current in November?). Also if Consular put the application in AP, do they keep the passport until the visa is issued or denied or are they required to give it back when more time is needed for AP. Can we request the passport if needed to travel?

Mom, so trying to understand the visa bulletin data, eg 1000 for October for Asisa, 2000 for November so if 2500 is you case number , so that will be current in December or 1000+2000=3000 (2500 CN will be current in November?). Also if Consular put the application in AP, do they keep the passport until the visa is issued or denied or are they required to give it back when more time is needed for AP. Can we request the passport if needed to travel?

Your CN is considered current if it is below the listed figure on the VB. Going by your above example:
If the cut off number is 1,000 for Asia in October, then CNs AS1 to AS999 are considered current
If cut off number is 2,000 in November, CNs up to AS1,999 are considered current
If cut off number is 2,500 in December, CNs up to AS2,499 are considered current

Of course the general cutoff number will not be applicable to countries on the exception scale, like Nepal.

Depending on the reason for AP and the embassy, some may keep the passport during AP, some may give it back to you at the end of your interview and ask you to send it back when your AP completes. Yes, it is possible to request the passport from the embassy if they hold on to it during AP.

hello, I compiled the ds260 on May 15th. I have read that from May 31 it is mandatory to indicate the social profiles. I didn't have this question in the form. is it okay? thanks!

Please sir, am little confused about the year I was selected within this year 7 May 2019 my case number begins with 2020AF##### and am done with my DS 260 Submitting only ,what do I need to do next or is there anything to do ?

I completed the DS 260 forms on 23 June 2019 should attached my documents to the DS 260 or KCC will tell me the documents I should send to them. Please help me or if am done with DS 260 forms is that all?

I completed the DS 260 forms on 23 June 2019 should attached my documents to the DS 260 or KCC will tell me the documents I should send to them. Please help me or if am done with DS 260 forms is that all?
ok you need to stop and take a breath, posting on multiple threads with the same question is only going to aggravate those that will try to help you.

FYI - you are a DV2020 selectee so no need to post on 2019 threads or AOS related threads

I would suggest you take the time to read Simon's blog, particularly around what the process involves. Then take some time to read through some of the other posts on his site as well as different threads here - at the end of the day you have time to read and learn so go ahead and do that

Simons Blog site - http://britsimonsays.com/

I have been reading about the new document sending procedure where KCC request certain copies of applicants' documents to be sent by email. It got me thinking. How exactly was the old procedure like?

Hey everyone!
My case number is EU28*** and I just wanted to share some stats on distribution of winning case numbers.
My wife and I are from Russia, and there's a local forum, which is very similar to this. The amount of high case numbers appears to be a concern for everyone this year, so we decided to put together a comparative chart of DV-2019 CN distribution vs DV-2020.
So the chart is based on the information provided by roughly 160 winners of DV-2019 and 250 winners of DV-2020 (all in EU region).
photo_2019-06-30_11-45-17.jpg
The vertical axis represents the number of people, on the horizontal you can see respective case numbers (x1000CN).
The results of DV2020 appear to be very different with less winners in range 0-20k, and much more people in higher numbers.
Hopefully this year high case numbers will have a better chance of making it to the interview.

Reactions: YTM
It really sounds nice per the statics shown! We just have to hope is close enough to be real :cool::cool:

It really sounds nice per the statics shown! We just have to hope is close enough to be real :cool::cool:
I don't think you understand the meaning behind this chart. It is to illustrate the unusual allocation of high case numbers. This will be frustrating for those having to wait it out all the way to the end with the likelihood of missing out.

Hello,
I am wondering if for CP they start background checking when they process DS-260 which can be submitted well before the date interview is being scheduled?
If so, it doesn't make sense. Why would they waste their time and human resources to do that when they are not sure if the selectee is going to further his application and even to attend the interview?

Could anyone clarify something in the ds260 for me, please? At one point we have to give them the home addresses - current and historical. Does it have something to do with the MAILING ADDRESS we give them when submitting for dvlottery. I gave them my work address as the mailing one. Is it ok if this address won't be on the list of home addresses in the ds260? Thank you so much in advance!