• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 All Selectees

Sorry for the confusion... Please correct me if I am wrong, Does DV 2020 means those who applied in Oct 2018 and got selected this year ? What does DV 2019 mean when the US Bulletin publishes the the monthly news letter. is it for those who applied in Oct of 2017 ?

The current VB is for the 2019 FY (Fiscal Year) which runs from October 2018 to September 2019. DV2019 selectees are those who played the lottery back in 2017, with the results released in 2018.

DV 2020 FY starts in October 2019, that is when selectees whose CNs are current (falls below listed number) will begin to get interviewed. The VB for DV2020 cases that will be current from October 2019 will be released in August 2019.

Hi All,

My case number is 2XX and I fall under Oceania category (OC). Referring to previous comments, I have submitted my DS-260 form. I wanted to know by when do they send an email requesting to the applicant to upload further documents ( Further DV Documents Required), the earliest month?

This is because the police report of my current country lasts for 6 months only and to get a new one takes a lot of time, translation and money, since I’m currently in Asia. So any rough idea in which month is the earliest they send the email for the applicants to upload further documents?

Pleas my wife is a principal winner and she is not working but me being the husband am working!! Hope she being the AP and not working any curse any problems???

What causes problems: people posting the same question in multiple threads without having the patience to wait for someone to answer. This is not a 24-hour manned hotline! You do realize most of the people who answer are in a different time zone to you, right? No one is up at 3am to check the forum.

The current VB is for the 2019 FY (Fiscal Year) which runs from October 2018 to September 2019. DV2019 selectees are those who played the lottery back in 2017, with the results released in 2018.

DV 2020 FY starts in October 2019, that is when selectees whose CNs are current (falls below listed number) will begin to get interviewed. The VB for DV2020 cases that will be current from October 2019 will be released in August 2019.

Thanks for the very clear and precise explanation.....

Hello everyone.

I’ve got 2 questions, I would appreciate if you could help me to get the answers.

1- I currently am in US with a work visa (h2b) and my EU case number is in the high end. I will need to extend my visa by September which will be till end of May 2020. Would submitting DS form before doing my extension create any problem? I know it’s recommended that I don’t submit it early but i would like to know if It would be ok in case I want to do it.

2- My wife’s passport will be expired in Jan 2021 and her country doesn’t let her to renew her passport unless there is less than a year to expire. And considering that our number is high if we get called to the interview which might likely to be by July or August of 2020. Would that be ok to go to interview with her passport? Should we get a new one right before the interview and bring the old one with.

Thank you very much in advance.

Your number is fine. Probably current in October or November (meaning that is when an interview could take place).

They will email you when they want documents. If you have not heard by mid July, you should proactively send them.

About police certs, read and follow the country instructions on the reciprocity page.

I-134 will probably be required.

More info on my site.
Your number is fine. Probably current in October or November (meaning that is when an interview could take place).

They will email you when they want documents. If you have not heard by mid July, you should proactively send them.

About police certs, read and follow the country instructions on the reciprocity page.

I-134 will probably be required.

More info on my site.

Hi there,

When you’re saying, if not heard by mid July, then send them.

You meant sending my documents or just an enquiry email?

Thanks

Hey!
I have a question about the financial support.
I am a student on F-1 visa and I do not have a job, my father pays for me, however, if i apply for a green card, i should either have my own fundings in the US or show that i have a friend or relative in the US with the sufficient funds. Neither of these options would work for me, the only thing i can do is to presnt my father's bank statement from our home country. I bet lots of foreigners applying for a green card don't have friends or relatives in the US who can show their bank statements for them. What should i do in this situation? and in case the only way to do this is to show my bank statement from the US bank, how much money, approximately, should be on my account?

Hello everyone.

I’ve got 2 questions, I would appreciate if you could help me to get the answers.

1- I currently am in US with a work visa (h2b) and my EU case number is in the high end. I will need to extend my visa by September which will be till end of May 2020. Would submitting DS form before doing my extension create any problem? I know it’s recommended that I don’t submit it early but i would like to know if It would be ok in case I want to do it.

2- My wife’s passport will be expired in Jan 2021 and her country doesn’t let her to renew her passport unless there is less than a year to expire. And considering that our number is high if we get called to the interview which might likely to be by July or August of 2020. Would that be ok to go to interview with her passport? Should we get a new one right before the interview and bring the old one with.

Thank you very much in advance.

1. H2B is a dual intent, having a demonstrated immigrant intent while trying to renew the visa shouldn’t be an issue. However considering this current administration’s stance towards immigration (by legal and illegal), suggestion is to hold off on DS260 form submission for now. Focus on getting your H2B renewed.

2. Renew the passport when due, attend interview with both the old and new passports.

Retrogression only ever occurs for one reason - significantly more people apply for visas in a particular month than they expect and they have to put the brakes on.
So, that means more people applied for visas after the AF region went current?

1. H2B is a dual intent, having a demonstrated immigrant intent while trying to renew the visa shouldn’t be an issue. However considering this current administration’s stance towards immigration (by legal and illegal), suggestion is to hold off on DS260 form submission for now. Focus on getting your H2B renewed.

2. Renew the passport when due, attend interview with both the old and new passports.

Thank you very much for your answer. Are you sure H2B is a dual intent. As far as I know, H1B is, but I’m not sure about H2B.

Hi does anyone know if I pay my DV lottery fee for AOS, then change my mind and pursue consular processing, if I must pay the fee again? I would hope I could show receipt from AOS fee and use it for consular...