• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 All Selectees

Can someone clarify please; Congresswoman Meng made an request to the congress so that the visas unused on fy 2020 to be used on 2021 and 2021 to 2022 ,does this mean that the unused visas will be apply at people that won in 2020,or only the visas will rollover but at different persons ,please if you know mor about this case reply.

Can someone clarify please; Congresswoman Meng made an request to the congress so that the visas unused on fy 2020 to be used on 2021 and 2021 to 2022 ,does this mean that the unused visas will be apply at people that won in 2020,or only the visas will rollover but at different persons ,please if you know mor about this case reply.
I think that the US approve XXX number of visas every year of all types (DV, H1B ... etc)

With trump the number shrunk a lot, so the visa as quantity to be shifted to new fiscal year, but not for the person (unless in details the DV visas were specific requested to be dobe like this)

It didn't mean much, it was just a proposal but that's about it.

The suggestion (and that is all it was, a suggested piece of legislation) would have meant unused visas from each year would increase availability for the following year. However that is unlikely to be enacted, and if it were, by itself, would not be retroactive.

The suggestion (and that is all it was, a suggested piece of legislation) would have meant unused visas from each year would increase availability for the following year. However that is unlikely to be enacted, and if it were, by itself, would not be retroactive.
Brit ,Now that Biden is president and if democrats make majority in senate ,what is the option to increase number of visas additional to those 9095,thanks

Just posting some extraction from the AILA site
https://www.aila.org/advo-media/ail...ts/trump-policies-that-maybe-finalized-before
  • *** Presidential Proclamation 10014 and 10052, “Suspending Entry of Immigrants and Nonimmigrants Who Present Risk to the U.S. Labor Market During the Economic Recovery Following the COVID-19 Outbreak." (85 FR 23441, 4/27/20) (85 FR 38263, 6/25/20) are set to expire on December 31. It is very likely that President Trump will extend these Proclamations; requiring the new Administration to affirmatively rescind them.

Just posting some extraction from the AILA site
https://www.aila.org/advo-media/ail...ts/trump-policies-that-maybe-finalized-before
  • *** Presidential Proclamation 10014 and 10052, “Suspending Entry of Immigrants and Nonimmigrants Who Present Risk to the U.S. Labor Market During the Economic Recovery Following the COVID-19 Outbreak." (85 FR 23441, 4/27/20) (85 FR 38263, 6/25/20) are set to expire on December 31. It is very likely that President Trump will extend these Proclamations; requiring the new Administration to affirmatively rescind them.
It trump would do that, That would be a Nonsense move that would only make Biden's work a Bit harder

He should remember that he came from an immigrant family before and his wife as well

It trump would do that, That would be a Nonsense move that would only make Biden's work a Bit harder

He should remember that he came from an immigrant family before and his wife as well
Most of the things Trump has done up to now doesn't make any sense at all and I don't believe that he would come to his senses any time soon. I think he will do everything in his power to make our lives and Biden's miserable on his way out.

Brit ,Now that Biden is president and if democrats make majority in senate ,what is the option to increase number of visas additional to those 9095,thanks

That would take a law change, driven by political interest. There will be lobbying for that, but I think it would be better to assume it won't happen. There will be much for the new administration to do, and getting involved in DV2020 will not be high on their list.
Remember two things:
1. The DV program is a very small part of overall immigration.
2. DV2020 (and probably DV2021) were affected by COVID and Trump's decisions. For DV2020 a court is working on fixing what Trump did, but took the view (correctly in my opinion) that they would not address the crappy luck of COVID impact. I think that perspective will remain.

That would take a law change, driven by political interest. There will be lobbying for that, but I think it would be better to assume it won't happen. There will be much for the new administration to do, and getting involved in DV2020 will not be high on their list.
Remember two things:
2. DV2020 (and probably DV2021) were affected by COVID and Trump's decisions. For DV2020 a court is working on fixing what Trump did, but took the view (correctly in my opinion) that they would not address the crappy luck of COVID impact. I think that perspective will remain.
thanks for reply ,Im plaintiff at Kennedy lawsuit ,I pray every day that I get one of those 9095 visas

WHAT WILL HAPEN ? DID THE ONE WHO GET CONFIRMATION EMAIL WILL HAVE BETTER CHANCE ?i got this confirmation but I did not receive a call for an interview

As discussed above. We don't know the priority that will be applied, but there are essentially three things that will be factors.

1. Readiness to be helped. Someone already scheduled (or already interviewed and in AP) would probably have a high priority.
2. Lower case numbers would normally have a higher priority than higher case numbers.
3. Named plaintiffs on lawsuits. Most named plaintiffs have already been served apart from the Kennedy "latecomers". They "might" get some priority in some later court order, although that would obviously raise questions of "fairness" since now the Gomez class is certified, ALL unissued cases need to be treated fairly. So - to be honest, giving Kennedy plaintiffs priority would tend to go against that principle. Curtis Morrison may see that differently of course, but that would be my take.

Remember two things:
Do you think that court will have the same perspective towards people who already got their visas issued? Thanks