• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 All Selectees

NOW we can! :cool:
Technically Trump is the president till January 20th and the bans are in effect till 31st December. There is a big chance that Trump will extend the ban by another 3 months. The question is how long would it take for Biden to cancel these EOs? Would he do it on the 21st January or would it take weeks? I don't mean to burst everyone's bubble but what are the chances of him not removing the EOs at all?
CK.jpg

There is a big chance that Trump will extend the ban by another 3 months
What would be the point though...? The EOs were aimed at re-election and they didn’t work in that sense

what are the chances of him not removing the EOs at all?
I would be very surprised if they weren’t removed at all
Not as an immediate, pressing issue - maybe. But not ever? Doubt it.

I personally think that the current President will eventually come around to the idea that the more he resists, pushes back and tries to implement a ‘last hurrah’ attempt to rush through personal vendetta policies will not be good for his post-presidential life/influence...

Does the PP that trump issued, expired automatically when his time is over on Jan 20th ? Or ot must be revoked by the new president?

It expires at the end of December unless extended

if it is extended past inauguration date then Biden would have to rescind it. He has already indicated that he plans to reverse a number of Trump’s EOs as soon as he takes office. This story does not specifically mention this one but i would assume it would be part of it, as most of the order aims at family visas and he has said in other comments he is favorable toward those.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...b9c1d0-210b-11eb-b532-05c751cd5dc2_story.html

if it is extended past inauguration date then Biden would have to rescind it. He has already indicated that he plans to reverse a number of Trump’s EOs as soon as he takes office. This story does not specifically mention this one but i would assume it would be part of it, as most of the order aims at family visas and he has said in other comments he is favorable toward those.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...b9c1d0-210b-11eb-b532-05c751cd5dc2_story.html
That's right, and it's also important to note that litigation against the bans is still in process, and it won't stop even after Biden enters the WH. It's very reasonable to assume that the new administartion wouldn't continute fighting us and dismiss this entire mess altogether.

Trump implemented a series of sweeping restrictions during the coronavirus pandemic that kept some legal immigrants and travelers from entering the United States.
The measures include travel bans that block the entry of many people coming from Brazil, China, Europe and Iran in order to prevent the spread of the virus. Trump also barred entry of certain immigrants seeking permanent residence and temporary foreign workers, including certain skilled workers with H-1B visas, saying he needed to protect American jobs.
A federal judge in October blocked Trump's temporary foreign worker ban from being applied to hundreds of thousands of businesses, a ruling the Trump administration has appealed.
While Biden has criticized some of these restrictions, he has not said if he would immediately reverse them. He has not commented on emergency border rules implemented in March that allow U.S. authorities to rapidly expel border crossers, including unaccompanied children and asylum seekers.
A Biden campaign official told Reuters the Democrat would look to public health officials for guidance on pandemic-related border closures.

Read more at:
https://economictimes.indiatimes.co...ofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst

Trump implemented a series of sweeping restrictions during the coronavirus pandemic that kept some legal immigrants and travelers from entering the United States.
The measures include travel bans that block the entry of many people coming from Brazil, China, Europe and Iran in order to prevent the spread of the virus. Trump also barred entry of certain immigrants seeking permanent residence and temporary foreign workers, including certain skilled workers with H-1B visas, saying he needed to protect American jobs.
A federal judge in October blocked Trump's temporary foreign worker ban from being applied to hundreds of thousands of businesses, a ruling the Trump administration has appealed.
While Biden has criticized some of these restrictions, he has not said if he would immediately reverse them. He has not commented on emergency border rules implemented in March that allow U.S. authorities to rapidly expel border crossers, including unaccompanied children and asylum seekers.
A Biden campaign official told Reuters the Democrat would look to public health officials for guidance on pandemic-related border closures.

Read more at:
https://economictimes.indiatimes.co...ofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst
Okay, this swept away all the hope I was feeling :(

Don't loose hope. There is a good chance that he may still do it. But it would probably take few weeks or months.
And again, litigation is still on. We might get a restraining order in the Gomez appeal, and even if not, the rest of the lawyers would amend the lawsuit to request the ban to be lifted and I HARDLY believe the new Gov would fight against it.
For all we know, Trump is on a mental breakdown, he might not even bother to extend the ban. We'll have to wait and see.

And again, litigation is still on. We might get a restraining order in the Gomez appeal, and even if not, the rest of the lawyers would amend the lawsuit to request the ban to be lifted and I HARDLY believe the new Gov would fight against it.
For all we know, Trump is on a mental breakdown, he might not even bother to extend the ban. We'll have to wait and see.
Yeah I really hope Trump would spend the rest of his days playing golf.

I dont think trump will extend anything, I think pp10014 was purely for election. He is a business man and he knows its harming the economy ~ especially temp visas. But for his base, he was seen as the one who stopped immigration.

I will personally try to enter usa between 1 and 20th Jan. im more worried, biden will quickly introduce covid related border closure, similar to Canada etc.

I dont think trump will extend anything, I think pp10014 was purely for election. He is a business man and he knows its harming the economy ~ especially temp visas. But for his base, he was seen as the one who stopped immigration.

I will personally try to enter usa between 1 and 20th Jan. im more worried, biden will quickly introduce covid related border closure, similar to Canada etc.
I agree completely, and my plan is also to enter sometime in January before we see any border closures, broader quarantines etc.

Thanks mate opening eyes in another angle of the current immigration ban. I believe this is the best time period to travel there even we face some difficult time period at the beginning if the new president would apply some lockdown situation there.