• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 All Selectees

I don't know.

Most of those were already helped, and need to plan to activate before their expiry date.
It’s almost like impossible. DOS doesn’t even answer the questions or requests about NIEs, if Trump extends and Biden doesn’t do anything about it only way is to go to court again. In that case, I’m not sure if there will be enough time. I don’t know how to plan an activation trip in current circumstances. Thanks.

I don't know. You know your chance is slim - and you also know that others have an arguably more justified claim to priority than you. All you can do is wait and see.
I know that ,But I also know that Regret for not taking part in the first lawsuit is killing me ,I mean I know people in my country who got their visas with 53k because they were prioritized and I watched your videos back then when you said those people have almost zero chances to get their visas ,but you were so wrong ,I blame my self everyday that I listened to you and to others,You never mentioned in the summer the part whn people can get prioritized,I get its my fault in the end you are just a human trying to sell wisdom but in the end you know nothing more than us.

I know that ,But I also know that Regret for not taking part in the first lawsuit is killing me ,I mean I know people in my country who got their visas with 53k because they were prioritized and I watched your videos back then when you said those people have almost zero chances to get their visas ,but you were so wrong ,I blame my self everyday that I listened to you and to others,You never mentioned in the summer the part whn people can get prioritized,I get its my fault in the end you are just a human trying to sell wisdom but in the end you know nothing more than us.

You blame yourself for listening to him and others back in Summer, he’s just a human trying to sell wisdom, and he knows nothing more than the rest of you. Yet, here you are today still asking this same person who supposedly knows nothing more than you do questions. How oxymoronic is that? I get it you’re upset at the possibility of completely loosing out on this opportunity, that does not make it okay for you to be lashing out at someone who dedicates their personal time and resources to help out complete strangers they most likely will never run into in person. Not okay at all!

Oh dear. I thought you had got over your previous silliness. Feel free to ignore more and don't ask me anything else.

It’s almost like impossible. DOS doesn’t even answer the questions or requests about NIEs, if Trump extends and Biden doesn’t do anything about it only way is to go to court again. In that case, I’m not sure if there will be enough time. I don’t know how to plan an activation trip in current circumstances. Thanks.

Given that the DV visa ban is part of the same proclamation that bans most family visas, I personally think (this is my opinion) that it being overturned by Biden is highly likely, even if Trump extends it (which I also think he will do simply on the temperament he has shown). So if this was me, and assuming the visa has a March expiry, I’d be planning a February trip, though I wouldn’t actually buy the ticket just yet unless it was easily exchangable/cancellable/refundable.

Given that the DV visa ban is part of the same proclamation that bans most family visas, I personally think (this is my opinion) that it being overturned by Biden is highly likely, even if Trump extends it (which I also think he will do simply on the temperament he has shown). So if this was me, and assuming the visa has a March expiry, I’d be planning a February trip, though I wouldn’t actually buy the ticket just yet unless it was easily exchangable/cancellable/refundable.
Thanks for the input. I’m thinking the same way. Since it’s with family visas it will be overturned. I have a feeling that he will rescind it a week after he takes the power. Even though, I got the visa in Europe I’m currently in Mexico and it won’t be a big problem to buy a ticket. I can get the ticket for the next day of getting rid of that proclamation. It’s just been a hard and tiring process. Thanks.

Waoo. This is serious blame games. Britsimon stood a neutral posution as far as my mind can recollect me in joining those lawsuits. He even said if you had the money you can try your luck. Also the last reply from DOS to judge Mehta ,DOS made it clear that the DV lottery works by the order of lower case numbers to higher case. I cant really quote exactly what they wrote but am very sure i read something like that. So it was like some notification to the judge as how DOS or KCC works.

You blame yourself for listening to him and others back in Summer, he’s just a human trying to sell wisdom, and he knows nothing more than the rest of you. Yet, here you are today still asking this same person who supposedly knows nothing more than you do questions. How oxymoronic is that? I get it you’re upset at the possibility of completely loosing out on this opportunity, that does not make it okay for you to be lashing out at someone who dedicates their personal time and resources to help out complete strangers they most likely will never run into in person. Not okay at all!
Mummy please forgive him. He is ignorant. He is sorry

Waoo. This is serious blame games. Britsimon stood a neutral posution as far as my mind can recollect me in joining those lawsuits. He even said if you had the money you can try your luck. Also the last reply from DOS to judge Mehta ,DOS made it clear that the DV lottery works by the order of lower case numbers to higher case. I cant really quote exactly what they wrote but am very sure i read something like that. So it was like some notification to the judge as how DOS or KCC works.

I didn't stay "neutral". I actively worked on the legal cases, assisting the legal teams since mid/late June. I publicized the legal cases and created the method for the AILA team to gather plaintiffs and background stories. That was important in making sure DV was represented well in their lawsuit and in the end was the only group to have demonstrated wide harm. I advised the lawyers on the workings of the DV program in order to assist them shape their arguments. I created expert affidavits used in the legal cases. My only "neutral" stance was on whether people should pay to be a part of the Aker/CM suits - and I made it clear that was a personal decision. So would I have done all that and then sabotaged the efforts

Basically the person that made the comments you are referring to has no reason to say what he did. He is just a bad mannered child, who had previously been rude and annoying, but I was trying to forgive his previous stupidity and be helpful to him. Sheesh.

Extortionist preying on panic, anxiety and vulnerability of most DV2020 members
He knows he won't amount to much, but based on his lucky success with named plaintiffs in his first case, he's now taking advantage of DV2020 members who haven't received visas promising them heaven when they're already represented now unlike before when the class wasn't certified
The class has been certified under Gomez
Everyone is a named plaintiff
It's about the money to him at this point but a lot of people will be gullible and fall for his rosy presentation and sweet legal jargon
PS: my own views, and not public opinion, others can advise otherwise

Lobbying congress? Congress has much, much bigger fish to fry than changing another law to retroactively allow for extra DV visas, imo. Pretty pictures of boats and poetic “voyagers” notwithstanding.

Also the comment about still sympathy in congress for DV after the election?! the Dems lost ground in congress. They lost 8 seats net in the House of Representatives at last count. If the lobbying they did from June was not successful why would it be successful now?

Last edited:
And I think the best we can get in DV2020 is the 9095 visas reserved, if the case ever gets concluded positively
USA as mentioned before just like many nations in the world now have a lot of #covid19 stress for legislators to really sit down and discuss more visa allocation for an elapsed year
So the case is still a proposal to enrich the proponents rather than to benefit the proposed new plaintiffs list
Right now he should do some CSR to DV2020 members who have enriched him and enjoin a free legal case for DV2020 members like other lawyers have done before but his greed can't allow him to do that
PS: Again, I put a disclaimer that these are my views and not public opinion

Ask someone who got visa because of Curtis,s efforts gomez attorneys can't even argue much during the hearings its a combined effort i know but Rafael urena,s arguments were best during all hearings and even after that they fight for plaintiffs untill they got interview appointment by emailing the embassies and pushing them for appointment. I don't know about others but It was my best decision to become a plaintiff in one of curtis,s lawsuit the amount he is charging is nothing as compared to what we can get i realized that when I received my visa , nothing is guaranteed but in life we have to take risks thats what I learned during this whole process I remember people criticized him during his first lawsuit also and now we all know the success they achieved. Also I will definitely contribute something from my side in project voyager .

Lobbying congress? Congress has much, much bigger fish to fry than changing another law to retroactively allow for extra DV visas, imo. Pretty pictures of boats and poetic “voyagers” notwithstanding.

Also the comment about still sympathy in congress for DV after the election?! the Dems lost ground in congress. They lost 8 seats net in the House of Representatives at last count. If the lobbying they did from June was not successful why would it be successful now?

This.

Hi Guys,
Back to this forum after some years..
A friend of mine won the dv lottery and entered US one month ago. Somehow she forgot to hand in to the immigration officer the sealed envelope which is meant for the immigration office. Anyone knows what to do? She is planning to recieve the green card and go back to Albania. She entered US via JFK. Thanks a lot

Hi Guys,
Back to this forum after some years..
A friend of mine won the dv lottery and entered US one month ago. Somehow she forgot to hand in to the immigration officer the sealed envelope which is meant for the immigration office. Anyone knows what to do? She is planning to recieve the green card and go back to Albania. She entered US via JFK. Thanks a lot
She’s not going to get a plastic green card if she didn’t hand it in. I am very surprised the immigration officer did not ask for it, are you sure it is the immigration packet and not the X-rays? (X rays don’t matter). She probably needs to go back to the CBP office at the airport she entered to hand it in, if that’s the case, and she should call them first.
just to check: Is there any notation on her visa about CCD?