• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 All Selectees

Please how far with Curtis Morrison lawsuit?
He has been quiet nowadays. I guess this time he has gotten 150 (people) x 1000 usd. Please can 15000usd by a car in the USA?Please he should help those who paid oo or they will come for their monies if they dont get their visas.
He did not guarantee a visa. The only thing guaranteed is that IF someone gets a visa after they signed on (no matter the reason they got it) they owe him the rest of the money (it was part payment before and the rest after).

He has been quiet nowadays. I guess this time he has gotten 150 (people) x 1000 usd. Please can 15000usd by a car in the USA?Please he should help those who paid oo or they will come for their monies if they dont get their visas.

Everyone who signed up with Curtis was an adult and understood the nature of the gamble. The fees paid were clearly not refundable, and as Mom and Susie have said, no one was told that the process would guarantee a visa. Any talk of people "coming for their monies" is pretty ridiculous. Having said that, its also pretty early to talk as if his lawsuit has failed. That won't be known for some weeks yet.

Your arithmetic is wrong too!

It’s irrelevant what the numbers are and yes you can spend anywhere from $1500 to $150000 or more on a car, though I imagine an attorney would want the higher end of that range.
I think there was quite fair discussion about the merits of the case on here. Dissecting after the fact is pointless (well, it’s not even after the fact yet anyway). Everyone who paid the first installment knew that money was gone regardless of outcome.

I took part in Curits lawsuit too and I researched it well before I paid. I knew my chances were around or just below 10%. It made sense in June when AILA was preparing their lawsuit. I was hoping that immigration ban would get blocked and then via Curits lawsuit I would get some sort of priority. That was worth to me $1000. Now its too late tho. But im shocked by 2 things tho... 1. Curits did 2 extra lawsuits late July. Initial deadline was July, 8th which was OK timing to somehow made it for September interview. To me this was very suspicious, it felt like he just wants to cash in more, but whatever... (if I knew there will be lawsuit 2.0 past July 8th, that would seem scammy enough and I would not take part in it). 2. im shocked that people want money back... there was enough info for you to asses it whether its something that has any chances to succeed (Brit did very comprehensive video on it).

I still do hope that AILA will get ban blocked and those who have visa expired will get it reissued (not me). For everyone else its way too late now. Greetings from Mexico.

Last edited:
I still do hope that AILA will get ban blocked and those who have visa expired will get it reissued (not me). For everyone else its way too late now. Greetings from Mexico.
Today, guys from Kyiv gave their old envelopes, new photos, new medical, new police certificate and 330 in the embassy in Ukraine. They will get their visas soon. Ban doesn't affect on them

Last edited:
Today, guys from Kyiv gave their old envelopes, new photos, new medical, new police certificate and 330 in the embassy in Ukraine. They will get their visas soon. Ban doesn't affect on them
Did they have their visas reissued? Or what do you mean?

Some people in Georgia had their visas reissued as well.

And almost everyone who had the visa made it to the USA finally! Their flights were through Qatar. I' really happy for them.

Just gave all necessary documents to consular and now waiting for new reissued visas.
Some people in Georgia had their visas reissued as well.

And almost everyone who had the visa made it to the USA finally! Their flights were through Qatar. I' really happy for them.
Happy for these people and those at other consulates that are reissuing (@Foley83 , any news?) , but it must be infuriating for those people who are assigned to consulates who say they cannot reissue under the proclamation.

Happy for these people and those at other consulates that are reissuing (@Foley83 , any news?) , but it must be infuriating for those people who are assigned to consulates who say they cannot reissue under the proclamation.
Hey @SusieQQQ I think it's going to come down to the wire for us.
After the confirmation from Sydney that they will reissue the visas we have since received a new police certificate, and have our medicals booked in for next Thursday.
We've just been put in to a major lockdown here due to a spike in covid cases, but I have just spoken to the medical office and confirmed we are still good for next week.
Hopefully I'll have some good news in about a fortnight!

Hello dear @Britsimon, can we learn your thoughts on the hearing held today? I think it was a positive start but would be awesome if you tell us your opinions, thank you!

I think there are some positive signs, and I believe the case is strong. There is clearly harm being done, and that is "key" to the case succeeding.

However, the process is moving too slow, there have been unfortunate delays. So - from my initial 5 groups (see link below) I think its likely only the first three groups will get benefit because of the lack of time. I have always believed "some" is better than "none", but there will be a lot of disappointed people.

https://forums.immigration.com/thre...el-suspension-2-0.343082/page-29#post-2532189