• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 All Selectees

Brit...why do u still have thought the deadline can be extended even when both lawyer Curtis,Charles Kuck and many more lawyers as well the judge Mehta who sat on the case said it came in mind...

Congress writes laws.

If there is ambiguity or conflict in a law, or how it is applied, the courts system interprets the law. No judge in the country can change or "overrule" written law.

The piece of legislation that pertains to the DV date, is very clear that new visas cannot be issued after 30 September.

I'm tempted to write so much more on this, but this seems to come up, every few pages. Search and read up on "separation of powers", for more information.

What about the part of the law that states 55000 visas should be issued to selectees ..see the judiciary have power to initiate laws but mind you laws are made for people ..when two laws coincide with one another,it is the power of the attorney to decide...so is possible bruv

What about the part of the law that states 55000 visas should be issued to selectees ..see the judiciary have power to initiate laws but mind you laws are made for people ..when two laws coincide with one another,it is the power of the attorney to decide...so is possible bruv

1. There is no law that states “55000 visas should be issued to selectees”. No such US law!

2. In the US, the Judiciary does not initiate laws and Attorneys have no power to decide on laws. The judiciary applies or interprets the law, attorneys present cases.

Moreover if the judiciary applies laws ,it applies it for the prevalation of justice . Brit I guess my question is clear why is the lawyers and the judge who sat on the issue says is possible but you insist it's not

No I haven’t read it and I don’t intend to. I however challenge you to quote where that Wikipedia article says “55000 visas should be issued to selectees” - show the direct quote since you’ve read it. Again, there’s no US law that says that.

Section 203(c) of the INA provides for up to 55,000 immigrant visas to be allocated (as in set aside) for diversity visa. It does not say those visas “should” be issued each FY. Please stop arguing over something you have no clear understanding of. I will not provide a direct link to the actual Section of the INA itself but here’s a link to the Visa Bulletin which references it by saying:
“Section 203(c) of the INA provides up to 55,000 immigrant visas each fiscal year to permit additional immigration opportunities for persons from countries with low admissions during the previous five years. The NACARA stipulates that beginning with DV-99, and for as long as necessary, up to 5,000 of the 55,000 annually-allocated diversity visas will be made available for use under the NACARA program.”

No where does it says 55,000 visas should be issued!

Moreover if the judiciary applies laws ,it applies it for the prevalation of justice . Brit I guess my question is clear why is the lawyers and the judge who sat on the issue says is possible but you insist it's not

1. I’m sorry I don’t know what prevalation of justice means, so I can’t respond to that.
2. @Britsimon is not the same person as @Sm1smom - these are two different individuals. So I certainly can’t answer the question you’re directing at Simon.

I understand your feelings
But there no reason to convince others by your opinion
If you see there is opportunity and it is your right, go forward and rise a petition like others did
There is no use of having arguments here at the end they are not working with Trump administration

All the best for Dv2020 winners
And many thanks for the admins to make everything sharp and clear

I think there are some positive signs, and I believe the case is strong. There is clearly harm being done, and that is "key" to the case succeeding.

However, the process is moving too slow, there have been unfortunate delays. So - from my initial 5 groups (see link below) I think its likely only the first three groups will get benefit because of the lack of time. I have always believed "some" is better than "none", but there will be a lot of disappointed people.

https://forums.immigration.com/threads/trump’s-new-executive-proclamation-travel-suspension-2-0.343082/page-29#post-2532189
Thank you Britsimon for your enormous contribution towards DV cases. I agree with your current opinion that maybe only category 1-3 might benefit, but what about other embassy which have less than few people left to be interview who are not in category 1-3?
2 why didn't Judge Mehta grant the TRO on the first day?
3 Is the judge planning for normal court procedure to run its course?
4 it is too late to apply for Curtis Morrison case? It looks like people who are not in categories 1-3 but on Curtis case will get an interview (my humble opinion,you can tel me if am wrong or not)

My dear please lets exercise some restrains in putting out our frustrations. Its not easy when an opportunity such as the DV visa seems to be slipping from your hands. Some of us have gone through sleepless nights, stress, some depressions. But all the same we want to see what happens. Dear Owusu there can be light at the end of the tunnel. I will be glad if i can also travel to the USA cox none of my family members have done that but here is where we are.
Nowadays i become easily angered coz the chances left are very very negligible. But i take inspiration from the book of JOB in the bible.

Job 19:25 For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:

O
My dear please lets exercise some restrains in putting out our frustrations. Its not easy when an opportunity such as the DV visa seems to be slipping from your hands. Some of us have gone through sleepless nights, stress, some depressions. But all the same we want to see what happens. Dear Owusu there can be light at the end of the tunnel. I will be glad if i can also travel to the USA cox none of my family members have done that but here is where we are.
Nowadays i become easily angered coz the chances left are very very negligible. But i take inspiration from the book of JOB in the bible.

Job 19:25 For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:
The Lord will see us through bro..

From the new updates from Curtis Morrison,the AILA case has not yet been certified as a class action. Based on this even if they win, will there be hope for category 1-3 as Britsimon seems to put it?