• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 All Selectees

how long I can stay outside the US with a green card. I left the US on may 2019 and with coronavirus It was very complicated to come back there. Did I loose my card ?

how long I can stay outside the US with a green card. I left the US on may 2019 and with coronavirus It was very complicated to come back there. Did I loose my card ?
You can stay out of the US 6 months at a time if you do not want to lose your GC.
You had almost a year before countries were closed due to COVID, so it most likely will not be accepted as a reason. Also even during the pandemic, LPR were allowed to entry. So (correct me if I am wrong), yes, unless you are very incredibly lucky and have a really good explanation for being outisde of the US for 15 months, you have lost your residency.

You are presumed to have abandoned your green card after a one year absence. If you think you can show that you stayed out for reasons beyond your control, you can try for a returning resident (SB1) visa - these are quite difficult to get. You may decide to take your chances flying back and trying to convince cbp to let you back in , being aware that (1) some airlines will not board a green card holder who has been absent longer than a year (2) cbp may just admit you but they may also refer you to an immigration judge to argue your case.

If your english good enough to understand law related stuff. Follow these people on twitter. -> https://twitter.com/curtisatlaw
- > https://twitter.com/gsiskind

Something is happening i guess. My english is not good enough.
9. (SBU) Posts and AIT may continue to adjudicate immigrant visa 221(g) cases
and issue the associated visas, for applicants who are covered by an exception to this
P.P. as resources allow. In addition, posts and AIT may issue replacement visas for applicants
possessing a valid immigrant visa on April 23, 2020 who will be or were unable to use that
immigrant visa during its validity period because of the COVID-19 outbreak, in accordance
with the guidance in 9 FAM 504.10-5.

Interesting that some embassies are saying they won't reissue visas, even though the state department says they can.

9. (SBU) Posts and AIT may continue to adjudicate immigrant visa 221(g) cases
and issue the associated visas, for applicants who are covered by an exception to this
P.P. as resources allow. In addition, posts and AIT may issue replacement visas for applicants
possessing a valid immigrant visa on April 23, 2020 who will be or were unable to use that
immigrant visa during its validity period because of the COVID-19 outbreak, in accordance
with the guidance in 9 FAM 504.10-5.

Interesting that some embassies are saying they won't reissue visas, even though the state department says they can.
How sure are you that the state department gave accurate information. they can lie their way through everything.

Last b4 i prepare for work,i had another update on ceac on the 10th August. Did anyone had another update aside the once almost everyone had on 27th/28th of July?
I was told the update has no special significance but why would they update your case when there is no special meaning behind it.

Upcoming dates :
Aug 18:(today):Gov to file their opposition against all DV cases requests for TRO and PI
Aug 19:Gov response against AILA's request to file 2nd amend.
Aug 24:plaintiffs to file replies in support of their requests
Aug 27:Hearing day!

Hello everyone, this is my first post here .... I have been in Usa since January I have GC and all the documents, my wife and baby came here in March And they haven’t gotten a GC yet. We paid the fee for the production on April 16, 120 days have passed. We called to ask and we did not receive any answer, they said that they would not call and no one answered for 10 days.Does anyone know anything about both, when we can expect them to send us a GC?

Hello everyone, this is my first post here .... I have been in Usa since January I have GC and all the documents, my wife and baby came here in March And they haven’t gotten a GC yet. We paid the fee for the production on April 16, 120 days have passed. We called to ask and we did not receive any answer, they said that they would not call and no one answered for 10 days.Does anyone know anything about both, when we can expect them to send us a GC?
There have been major delays in green card production in the last few months. (example https://www.natlawreview.com/articl...obtaining-i-551-stamps-temporary-proof-status )
I would suggest an e-request rather than a phone call https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/Intro.do .

Thank you very much for the answer, when I want to fill out the request there is no form number I-551 ...? What should I do? Thanks

Thank you very much for the answer, when I want to fill out the request there is no form number I-551 ...? What should I do? Thanks
Choose os155a , then you will see later down on the form there is a “card type” section, and you’ll choose “permanent resident card” there. (I assume you are filling in the “did not receive card by mail” form?)