• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 All Selectees

Is there anything that ca be done to save us, the selected of DV2020. I can't sleep anymore since president Trum signed this suspended proclamation
Oh Jee..over a month no sleep? Well..people are working for us and everyone, that’s all that can be done and we should be thankful. Now wait, eat, drink water and sleep again.

Indeed the Lord will do His will accordingly and at the right time...is not our doing..weather u believe or not he makes all things possible...all u hv to do is have faith in Him...where it will start I cant tell but one thing i I know is nothing is impossible with Him...Just pray...I strongly believe we are more than conquerors...wait upon him ...know one knows better than him..even all the knowledge on earth...u just wait

Is there anything that ca be done to save us, the selected of DV2020. I can't sleep anymore since president Trum signed this suspended proclamation
I’m not a medical professional. But I’d suggest you speak to someone about this.

He doesn't need a doctor , he needs a VISA. full stop. We are all sick. Can stress cause a disease?
I understand that the current situation is frustrating and/or disheartening. But losing that much sleep over something you don’t have control over should not be taken lightly.

Again, I’m not a medical professional. Just my two cents as a forum member, who cares about people’s mental well-being.

He doesn't need a doctor , he needs a VISA. full stop. We are all sick. Can stress cause a disease?

I’m in agreement with @TheKey. OP should go see a medical professional if they’ve been experiencing sleeplessness for the past several weeks, this is not a joke. The cumulative effect of prolonged sleeplessness will not be incurred by a US visa.

And as to your question, can stress cause a disease? While I admit upfront I am not a medical professional, the answer to that question is yes, there are several stress related illnesses. Sleep deprivation can lead to stroke, high blood pressure, heart attack, heart failure, diabetes, depression, anxiety, etc.

Why are you so sure about that? The family and employment based visas will be the same ones, why would they have different picks for unused DV 2020 visas? Isn't it easier and faster to just process the applicants who have already won?

Well I read the text that Congresswoman Meng published. Her description clearly illustrates the problem statement about being unused visas, and then says the measure would allow unused visas to rollover. Doesn't mention anything about dealing with the part of the INA that ends the program at the end of the fiscal year.

Walt above mentioned he believes there is an effort to modify the amendment, BUT if you understand the lawmaking process, you can see how hard it is to change laws. The No Ban act for instance is an attempt to remove some of the religious/racially motivated actions that the current administration seems to enjoy. That bill passed in Congress (where democrats have a majority) but almost certainly won't pass the senate (where Republicans have the majority).

"The Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) allocates 480,000 visas annually for family-sponsored categories; 140,000 visas annually for employment-sponsored categories; and 55,000 for diversity visas. Due to COVID-19 and the curtailing of immigration operations both abroad at U.S. embassies and consulates, and at U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), only a fraction of these visa allocations are being or will be used by the end of the current fiscal year.

Meng’s measure would allow unused fiscal year 2020 family-based, employment-based, and diversity visas to remain available in fiscal year 2021, and to allow unused fiscal year 2021 visas to remain available in fiscal year 2022.
"

Hi everyone, I am another DV2020 "winner", I am in group 5 (haven't received the confirmation of docs - ready to be interviewed email), and I am considering joining Curtis Morrison's lawsuit 2.0.
I would appreciate to hear the opinion of people that know a bit more about US law and DV process.
In case "the Judge orders that State Department put the visas aside in a box until all embassies are open for routine processing, even if it means re-issuing them after Sept. 30", and yet this is not done, as per law FY ended so another situation like 2017 Almaqrami case happens (hope I am not mistaken here), what do you think (or know) is more likely to happen with regards to future lotteries?
Can a person blocked in a stalemate situation apply to future lotteries?
Will they be disqualified or denied a visa due to the unresolved litigation?
When applying for different visa types (or even esta), do you think it would determine to answer yes at the usual question "Have you ever been denied a U.S. visa"?
Thanks for your help.

Hi everyone, I am another DV2020 "winner", I am in group 5 (haven't received the confirmation of docs - ready to be interviewed email), and I am considering joining Curtis Morrison's lawsuit 2.0.
I would appreciate to hear the opinion of people that know a bit more about US law and DV process.
In case "the Judge orders that State Department put the visas aside in a box until all embassies are open for routine processing, even if it means re-issuing them after Sept. 30", and yet this is not done, as per law FY ended so another situation like 2017 Almaqrami case happens (hope I am not mistaken here), what do you think (or know) is more likely to happen with regards to future lotteries?
When applying for different visa types (or even esta), do you think it would determine to answer yes at the usual question "Have you ever been denied a U.S. visa"?
Thanks for your help.
Prior visa lottery selections don’t affect subsequent entries. There have been cases where people abandoned visa processing (or timed out because their number never became current), only to get selected again (with no problems).

I don’t think litigation of this nature would be a problem. But I may be wrong.

You were not denied a visa. A denial is governed by law, and is often when a person has interviewed. So no.

am not sure if this might help, but for people who couldn't travel and the medical examination has expired :
One Month Extension of Immigrant Visa Medical Examinations

Immigrant visas are limited to the validity of the medical examination for a maximum of six months. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention approved a one-month extension for medical examinations conducted between January 1, 2020, and June 30, 2020. If you were unable to travel on your issued visa or obtained your medical examination but did not receive your visa, contact the Immigrant Visa Unit of the U.S. Embassy or Consulate that issued or is adjudicating your visa application to determine whether you may be issued or reissued a visa for one additional month. If you are not able to travel within the one additional month, consider waiting until you are able to travel and obtain a new, full validity medical examination and visa.

and here is the link : https://travel.state.gov/content/tr...n-of-immigrant-visa-medical-examinations.html

Thanks for your help.
I don't know if someone has answered this already or not, but I think the deadline to join has passed? However, in case I am wrong and you can still join, by the information given in this forum, it does not seem like that particular case will be very useful/successful (AILA's one has far better chances), so I would think about it twice before spending so much money on it.

I don't know if someone has answered this already or not, but I think the deadline to join has passed? However, in case I am wrong and you can still join, by the information given in this forum, it does not seem like that particular case will be very useful/successful (AILA's one has far better chances), so I would think about it twice before spending so much money on it.
Those two lawsuits are different in nature as AILA is looking for a TRO on the ban and Curtis filing a mandamus looking to speed up the process for his plaintiffs. I believe this will be very useful indeed together, if AILA manages the judge to decide on a TRO. Anyways the 2.0 deadline was yesterday I believe, but timing wise it might get very close to the end of September.

Hi there, actually the focus of my post was not about the lawsuits usefulness as I’ve already come up with a decision by myself by the deadline.
My concern was to ask people that know DV process better if there were any chances to be disqualified from future lotteries due to being a participant in an ongoing lawsuit, but I haven’t received takes on that.

Hi there, actually the focus of my post was not about the lawsuits usefulness as I’ve already come up with a decision by myself by the deadline.
My concern was to ask people that know DV process better if there were any chances to be disqualified from future lotteries due to being a participant in an ongoing lawsuit, but I haven’t received takes on that.

Not a concern at all.

Hello,
I saw two weeks ago that I won the dv2021. However, now I don’t know what to do and that’s because I came here as a visitor but some circumstances lead me to file for asylum. My asylum case is still pending and now I won the lottery and I don’t know if I qualify for an adjustment of status, I don’t know if I should go with the CP process.
The point is I’m really lost and kinda sad.
Have you ever encountered a case like that?
What are my options and what should/could I do?
Any help or opinion would be appreciated.
Thanks