• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 All Selectees

This is good, but in my opinion "Postpone" is not the right word there. The last sentence in the description says "Please prolong our review dates for next year or exclude us from the proclamation.", so why they use "Postpone" in the title instead of "Prolong"?
I’m sorry, but it’s a waste of time. Asking Trump to change his mind about DV when he’s spoken out against it for years? Not gonna happen. Anyway you need 100k signatures by 24 July and all that gets you is an “official response” from the White House 60 days later.... which is 6 days before the end of the fiscal year, and I can tell you right now what that official response will be.
Your energy is better used following the AILA lawsuit progress imo.

I’m sorry, but it’s a waste of time. Asking Trump to change his mind about DV when he’s spoken out against it for years? Not gonna happen. Anyway you need 100k signatures by 24 July and all that gets you is an “official response” from the White House 60 days later.... which is 6 days before the end of the fiscal year, and I can tell you right now what that official response will be.
Your energy is better used following the AILA lawsuit progress imo.
I couldn't agree more with you.

My I-134 sponser wasn’t born in the USA but moved to there at a very young age. The person can’t find the naturalizations number but has an American passport and is able to provide ssn. Is this going to give issues?

My I-134 sponser wasn’t born in the USA but moved to there at a very young age. The person can’t find the naturalizations number but has an American passport and is able to provide ssn. Is this going to give issues?
US passport is acceptable proof of citizenship.

It's totally unfair to shut our dreams down and taking the chance of our lifetime away by immigration ban.DV lottery deserves an exception as no effect on labor market. save #dv2020winners #exception #Unfair #TrumpEO #immigration #Noimmigrationban #dv2020 #beyond30Sep

The latest proclamation is way worse especially for dv2020 among the other visa types, they only have 3 months from now and nobody is hearing their voice. This is a shame for justice, hope to make them get their rights back soon.
#dv2020
#GreenCard
#justiceforDv2020
#dv2020winners #exception #Unfair #TrumpEO #immigration #Noimmigrationban #dv2020 #beyond30Sep

As DV2020 winners, we need a lot your support. Please show us a way. There is 100 days left to finish our process. we don't want to waste more time. Kindly ask for your help.
#dv2020
#GreenCard
#justiceforDv2020
#dv2020winners #exception #Unfair #TrumpEO #immigration #Noimmigrationban #dv2020 #beyond30Sep

We are DV2020 lottery winners and now we are banned from getting our visas because of Trump Immigration Ban till 31st December knowing that our tight deadline is September 30. Please help lifting the ban or extending our deadline
#dv2020
#dv2020winners
#Trumpimmigrationban
#Beyond30sep

Please let's support each other on Twitter

It's totally unfair to shut our dreams down and taking the chance of our lifetime away by immigration ban.DV lottery deserves an exception as no effect on labor market. save #dv2020winners #exception #Unfair #TrumpEO #immigration #Noimmigrationban #dv2020 #beyond30Sep

The latest proclamation is way worse especially for dv2020 among the other visa types, they only have 3 months from now and nobody is hearing their voice. This is a shame for justice, hope to make them get their rights back soon.
#dv2020
#GreenCard
#justiceforDv2020

As DV2020 winners, we need a lot your support. Please show us a way. There is 100 days left to finish our process. we don't want to waste more time. Kindly ask for your help.
#dv2020
#GreenCard
#justiceforDv2020

We are DV2020 lottery winners and now we are banned from getting our visas because of Trump Immigration Ban till 31st December knowing that our tight deadline is September 30. Please help lifting the ban or extending our deadline
#dv2020
#dv2020winners
#Trumpimmigrationban
#Beyond30sep

Please let's support each other on Twitter
Sometimes no matter what our dreams are we need to understand certain things.
1 Life can be up or down. Lets learn to endure with our downs.
2 life is not fair. There is little fairness if any in this world . lets learn to bear it.
It really pains me that we are all in this situation . But we have no other chance so lets accept it that way.
This how i do my things;i do my best and after my best if disappointments come i dont get worried. I believe all of us did our best in order to chase our American dream. So lets cheer up and in life with level headed because we have done our best.
Whiles we are awaiting for the outcome of the lawsuit lets say "it is well with my soul"

Sometimes no matter what our dreams are we need to understand certain things.
1 Life can be up or down. Lets learn to endure with our downs.
2 life is not fair. There is little fairness if any in this world . lets learn to bear it.
It really pains me that we are all in this situation . But we have no other chance so lets accept it that way.
This how i do my things;i do my best and after my best if disappointments come i dont get worried. I believe all of us did our best in order to chase our American dream. So lets cheer up and in life with level headed because we have done our best.
Whiles we are awaiting for the outcome of the lawsuit lets say "it is well with my soul"

Life is definitely unfair...here's my timeline with usa:
-Was in high school, won a chance among thousands to be one of the 10 people to go to the USA for one year of studies. Got canceled for me because I was asked if my family had applied to the dv lottery or trying to migrate to the usa (yes but I wouldn't overstep the visa if given it)
-finished highschool, got admitted and won $20k scholarship at a US university but couldn't afford the rest..no relatives in the usa either.. so I didn't go then too
-won dv2020 and then trump canceled it..

anyway, there's worse things happening in the world, and we can't do anything about it unfortunately

Has anyone heard of people still getting confirmation emails from the KCC during the past week? It seems like they too have stopped working on 2020 cases, unofficially (just an opinion)

Incorrect - people have been getting document ready emails.
I am afraid that they have actually stopped processing DV2020 forms and documents. Me, ans a few others who've won in FY2020, called KCC on Monday morning. They said that due to the proclamation all processing at KCC has been stopped foe the 2020 program along with all interviews being cancelled.

I am afraid that they have actually stopped processing DV2020 forms and documents. Me, ans a few others who've won in FY2020, called KCC on Monday morning. They said that due to the proclamation all processing at KCC has been stopped foe the 2020 program along with all interviews being cancelled.

Processing has not stopped.

Processing has not stopped.
As much as we would love to believe this, unfortunately the employee at KCC did explicitly say they have stopped processing DV2020 cases. And this was at the beginning of the week. The source of this information is the KCC employee over their official phone line.

Should any DV2020 winner have any doubts on this info they may call KCC on their given number and cross check. They will start with abrubtly uttering the proclamation and then tell you that they are not going to be scheduling any interviews. Ask the status of your documents and they will insist on telling you that there wont be any interviews. Insist again on asking the status of your documents and they will tell you the same what the employee told me, and if they don't, then ask them it and let us know what they tell you.

I am not sure what is the source of your claim Simon.

Last edited:
As much as we would love to believe this, unfortunately the employee at KCC did explicitly say they have stopped processing DV2020 cases. And this was at the beginning of the week. The source of this information is the KCC employee over their official phone line.

I am not sure what is the source of your claim.

I have spoken to them this week too. But if you spend any time listening to their responses you know a few things.

1. The people asking the questions don't seem to be able to ask questions in a useful way.
2. The KCC staff are not always the most experienced staff (and again the person asking can determine this if they know what they are doing).
3. KCC staff will sometimes give varying answers from one call to the next. That is because they don't always know the accurate answer, or are just trying to get the person off the phone.
4. There are two separate departments at KCC - one that processing documents, the other answering questions, receiving DS260s and so on. There are deliberate "barriers" between those departments so that literally the people you speak to do not know what the other department is doing.

But hey - you can take or leave my "claim" as you call it.

I have spoken to them this week too. But if you spend any time listening to their responses you know a few things.

1. The people asking the questions don't seem to be able to ask questions in a useful way.
2. The KCC staff are not always the most experienced staff (and again the person asking can determine this if they know what they are doing).
3. KCC staff will sometimes give varying answers from one call to the next. That is because they don't always know the accurate answer, or are just trying to get the person off the phone.
4. There are two separate departments at KCC - one that processing documents, the other answering questions, receiving DS260s and so on. There are deliberate "barriers" between those departments so that literally the people you speak to do not know what the other department is doing.

But hey - you can take or leave my "claim" as you call it.
Hope you satisfied your ego with your attack. Simon, through point 1 and 2 you are trying to tell me I may be incompetent in asking questions. And via your opening statement, you may also propose you are an expert in asking questions, and are in a position to judge others, like me.

I sourced my point, you didn't. And, besides all what KCC says, what other way would we possibly have to receive information? It's not a hack down there which you want to decipher.

I am providing sourced information on an open forum. You want to believe otherwise, it's your wish. Enjoy your evening.

Hope you satisfied your ego with your attack. Simon, through point 1 and 2 you are trying to tell me I may be incompetent in asking questions. And via your opening statement, you may also propose you are an expert in asking questions, and are in a position to judge others, like me.

I sourced my point, you didn't. And, besides all what KCC says, what other way would we possibly have to receive information? It's not a hack down there which you want to decipher.

I am providing sourced information on an open forum. You want to believe otherwise, it's your wish. Enjoy your evening.

Oh jeez grow up. I didn't attack you. I carefully explained my rationale for why their answers are not rock solid. If you dont want to read that, feel free to ignore it. Im tired. I'm busy. I went out of my way to give you a complete answer. Quite frankly I dont care whether you want to try and take offense where none was meant.

After the proclamation, I spoke to the KCC three times, and the USCIS, a few days ago, and I received different answers, including 2 KCC calls where, as with you, I was explicitly told things, which, according to the third call to the KCC, the call to the USCIS, this forum, and an action by the USCIS yesterday, turned out to be incorrect. The call center staff do not understand the weight of their words, and I definitely felt their rush to get me off the phone. On the last KCC call, the representative confirmed that they are very much still working on the cases, but not scheduling consular interviews.

I also note that Simon didn't address you personally, in points one and two, but tried to offer an explanation for why there is an information chasm, when people call the KCC for information. I'm not here for his ego, but I have been gathering data for my DV application for over one year now, and what is obvious, is that Simon, and his BritSimonSays blog is the eminent source of information about the DV process, on the internet. So yes, he is as close to an "expert" we have, in asking questions about the process.

And before you take this as an attack, too- it's not; just providing my experience, on an open forum ;)