• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 All Selectees

Right, you guys rather just keep winding each other up for pages and pages of rumors and speculation. Make you feel better? Help the situation? Change anything? Thought not. Have fun.

By the way @Ercriniera you seem to have convenientiy forgotten I actually gave you a path to use your visa before it expired. Back in the days when this forum was about being constructive. You ignored it. Other people successfully used that path.

Please please guys stop with senseless arguments that get us nowhere and benefits no one here . We all come to this forum looking for answers and we are lucky to find moderators who give their time to help us . It's normal sometimes people disagree and that people won't get answers they like , so no need to attack each other , please . If someone doesn't like the way this forum works , they can freely leave and find other forums/groups that please them . But please , pretty please let us be respectful and stop acting like children . Thank you

~ ~ Administrative action taken against four recent provocative and non contributory posts.
This thread is being closely monitored. Administrative actions may get escalated from posts being deleted to the actual account owner.
All posts are required to be respectful of each other. Please be warned. ~~

We keep cool now. I think most of us are stressed in general because of all what is happening now, I have seen mad people for nothing in the city where I live
I suggest each of us think twice before they write anything, and if someone gets offended by any post please move on without replying
I went outside for a run yesterday and felt very good, you might need it as I'm pretty sure you've gotten fatter :p

Here there! May I ask you something? I'm 2021SA3xxx so I'd like to know if you already had the interview. just to have and idea. Good luck!

I have not had my interview yet but you should not compare your case number to mine because every year is so different. My case number went current in June 2020, but before June it did not even look like South America would go current. If you go to BritSimon's blog you will see that there are MANY factors (like # of selectees, # holes in the region, # of applicants who submit documents/DS-260 etc.) affecting when your case number will be current. In addition to all of this, adding a global pandemic, and Trump's sporadic immigration bans to that equation make it even more unpredictable.

I got contacted by AILA’s director Jesse Bless to sign up for their lawsuit as they will file a class action suit that will be amended to cover DV2020 as well.

How I can participate re: AILA? Do we know for sure that this actually affects DV winners?

I cannot tell if it affects the newly listed visa's only, or includes the past EO on top of the newly banned visa's.

Guys the DV LOTTERY VISAS are not mentioned in the new ban.

It's troubling that until Dec.2020 the entry is suspended but this EO is for H1B, J, L visas. Don't overpanic please

The previous ban has been extended. DV was included in the previous ban......
In Proclamation 10014 of April 22, 2020 (Suspension of Entry of Immigrants Who Present a Risk to the United States Labor Market During the Economic Recovery Following the 2019 Novel Coronavirus Outbreak), I determined that, without intervention, the United States faces a potentially protracted economic recovery with persistently high unemployment if labor supply outpaces labor demand. Consequently, I suspended, for a period of 60 days, the entry of aliens as immigrants, subject to certain exceptions. As I noted, lawful permanent residents, once admitted pursuant to immigrant visas, are granted “open-market” employment authorization documents, allowing them immediate eligibility to compete for almost any job, in any sector of the economy. Given that 60 days is an insufficient time period for the United States labor market, still stalled with partial social distancing measures, to rebalance, and given the lack of sufficient alternative means to protect unemployed Americans from the threat of competition for scarce jobs from new lawful permanent residents, the considerations present in Proclamation 10014 remain.
In addition, pursuant to Proclamation 10014, the Secretary of Labor and the Secretary of Homeland Security reviewed nonimmigrant programs and found that the present admission of workers within several nonimmigrant visa categories also poses a risk of displacing and disadvantaging United States workers during the current recovery.
American workers compete against foreign nationals for jobs in every sector of our economy, including against millions of aliens who enter the United States to perform temporary work. Temporary workers are often accompanied by their spouses and children, many of whom also compete against American workers. Under ordinary circumstances, properly administered temporary worker programs can provide benefits to the economy. But under the extraordinary circumstances of the economic contraction resulting from the COVID-19 outbreak, certain nonimmigrant visa programs authorizing such employment pose an unusual threat to the employment of American workers.
For example, between February and April of 2020, more than 17 million United States jobs were lost in industries in which employers are seeking to fill worker positions tied to H-2B nonimmigrant visas. During this same period, more than 20 million United States workers lost their jobs in key industries where employers are currently requesting H-1B and L workers to fill positions. Also, the May unemployment rate for young Americans, who compete with certain J nonimmigrant visa applicants, has been particularly high — 29.9 percent for 16 19 year olds, and 23.2 percent for the 20-24 year old group. The entry of additional workers through the H-1B, H-2B, J, and L nonimmigrant visa programs, therefore, presents a significant threat to employment opportunities for Americans affected by the extraordinary economic disruptions caused by the COVID-19 outbreak.
As I described in Proclamation 10014, excess labor supply is particularly harmful to workers at the margin between employment and unemployment — those who are typically “last in” during an economic expansion and “first out” during an economic contraction. In recent years, these workers have been disproportionately represented by historically disadvantaged groups, including African Americans and other minorities, those without a college degree, and Americans with disabilities.
In the administration of our Nation’s immigration system, we must remain mindful of the impact of foreign workers on the United States labor market, particularly in the current extraordinary environment of high domestic unemployment and depressed demand for labor. Historically, when recovering from economic shocks that cause significant contractions in productivity, recoveries in employment lag behind improvements in economic activity. This predictive outcome demonstrates that, assuming the conclusion of the economic contraction, the Unites States economy will likely require several months to return to pre-contraction economic output, and additional months to restore stable labor demand. In light of the above, I have determined that the entry, through December 31, 2020, of certain aliens as immigrants and nonimmigrants would be detrimental to the interests of the United States.
NOW, THEREFORE, I, DONALD J. TRUMP, President of the United States, by the authority vested in me by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, including sections 212(f) and 215(a) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) (8 U.S.C. 1182(f) and 1185(a)) and section 301 of title 3, United States Code, hereby find that the entry into the United States of persons described in section 1 of Proclamation 10014, except as provided in section 2 of Proclamation 10014, and persons described in section 2 of this proclamation, except as provided for in section 3 of this proclamation, would be detrimental to the interests of the United States, and that their entry should be subject to certain restrictions, limitations, and exceptions. I therefore hereby proclaim the following:
Section 1. Continuation of Proclamation 10014. (a) Section 4 of Proclamation 10014 is amended to read as follows:
Sec. 4. Termination. This proclamation shall expire on December 31, 2020, and may be continued as necessary. Within 30 days of June 24, 2020, and every 60 days thereafter while this proclamation is in effect, the Secretary of Homeland Security shall, in consultation with the Secretary of State and the Secretary of Labor, recommend any modifications as may be necessary.”