• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 All Selectees

Yeah I just read it now....

"hereby find that the entry into the United States of persons described in section 1 of Proclamation 10014" ...

Section 1. Suspension and Limitation on Entry. The entry into the United States of aliens as immigrants is hereby suspended and limited subject to section 2 of this proclamation.

We're "fluffed". Please vote Trump out.. to everyone who is residing in the US right now..

“New York Times”
The ban on new visas applies to H-1B visas, which are used by major American technology companies, and their immediate families, H-2B visas for nonagricultural seasonal workers, J-1 visas for exchange students and L-1 visas for managers of multinational corporations.

Hello everyone,

I always follow this tread but I have never posted. It a sad news for us all but never lose hope because we have seen in the past Trump's immigration laws being denied by the Supreme court.
Let me tell you my situation if anyone can give me some advice:
I am currently living in the US on pending asylum and I have been told that my chance is very low if not zero to adjust my status in the US. So I changed my case to CP and wanted to do that in a third country since I can't go back to my country. I get my Advanced parole and waiting for my interview to be scheduled. I think the proclamation doesn't affect me since I live in the US the day the proclamation was out and I have my advanced parole document to return back to the US. I wanted to ask if you guys think is possible for me to do so?? or should I change it to AOS and give it a shot?

The old EO would have been hard to prove it causes irreversible damage to immigrants because it was for 60 days but this one goes past the end date for DV 2020 so I hope there's an argument to be made there and block the EO or do something to benefit the DV lottery winners

Class actions are not common outside the US so not everyone may be familiar with how they work. The wiki description is below but as Walt has said, the gist of it is that if they win then anyone affected by the same conditions can benefit. This is probably your best chance at the moment. Sorry that the ban was extended and good luck to you all - hopefully the class action suit gets somewhere, and gets there quick.

In a typical class action, a plaintiff sues a defendant or a number of defendants on behalf of a group, or class, of absent parties. This differs from a traditional lawsuit, where one party sues another party for redress of a wrong, and all of the parties are present in court. Although standards differ between states and countries, class actions are most common where the allegations usually involve at least 40 people who have been injured by the same defendant in the same way. Instead of each damaged person bringing his or her own lawsuit, the class action allows all the claims of all class members—whether they know they have been damaged or not—to be resolved in a single proceeding through the efforts of the representative plaintiff(s) and appointed class counsel.

UPDATE: On June 22, 2020, President Trump signed a Proclamation extending the previous Proclamation 10014 and suspending the entry of certain additional foreign nationals to the United States through December 31, 2020. In response to significant worldwide challenges related to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Department of State has temporarily suspended routine visa services at all U.S. Embassies and Consulates, including the U.S. Embassy in Stockholm. U.S. embassies and consulates have canceled all routine immigrant and nonimmigrant visa appointments as of March 20, 2020, but will continue to provide emergency and mission-critical visa services as resources and local conditions allow.
We will resume routine visa services as soon as possible but are unable to provide a specific date at this time.

Maybe I am dumb, but I don't get it. Are they closed or not? :oops: