• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 All Selectees

why they should updates a ban that should expire in a few days? ..... what are they deciding?
i don’t think you should worry too much about this. It’s just telling the embassy’s what visas they can issue if they have enough resources to do so. There’s nothing here that tells us whether the ban will be extended or not.

i don’t think you should worry too much about this. It’s just telling the embassy’s what visas they can issue if they have enough resources to do so. There’s nothing here that tells us whether the ban will be extended or not.
Ok thanks !

It's so annoying to see American Institute in Taiwan post lots of event photo on FB but do not working on visa processing. Those officer even had group public team-building activities and interacted with other people. In Taiwan, we have normal life here not been affected by covid-19 now. None local transmitted cases for almost 60 days. It is so frustrated.

Hi
My case is 2020AS00016zzz and its current I have some questions ,
1. How can i check what is the status of my case ?
I got at the end of March e-mail from KCC :
"Congratulations! Our records indicate that you have submitted all required documentation to the Kentucky Consular Center and are ready to be scheduled for an interview when your case number becomes current. Interviews are scheduled numerically based on case numbers that have completed processing."
2.What do I need to do after this mail ?
thanks in advance

Hi
"Congratulations! Our records indicate that you have submitted all required documentation to the Kentucky Consular Center and are ready to be scheduled for an interview when your case number becomes current. Interviews are scheduled numerically based on case numbers that have completed processing."
thanks in advance
It means that you have only to wait your 2NL (second notification letter) , in other words the appointment to your embassy

Hi
thanks in advance
Where will you be interviewing?

Hi Simon! Your point about how the embassies still need visa numbers from KCC is excellent and very valid, and we are going to be careful to make sure to explain in the complaint how decisions made by and at KCC are also responsible, probably more so, for the unreasonable administrative delays and withholding of visa decisions.

I do not mean to say it was mysterious that DV lottery visas were issued by the US embassies in April, but to make that point that these embassies have mechanisms in place for emergency situations. And while they do not explicitly state that a judge's order is an example of an emergency situation, for them, it would be an emergency unless they would want to risk bring in contempt of court.

So there were only two visas issued in May according to the stats (both in AF). So now there could only be two explanations that I can imagine.
1. Those were issued in April but recorded late.
2. That they were reissued/extended visas and that that scenario does not require a new visa number from KCC.

I suspect there would be some logical explanation for them, because clearly visa issuance was otherwise blocked.

So there were only two visas issued in May according to the stats (both in AF). So now there could only be two explanations that I can imagine.
2. That they were reissued/extended visas and that that scenario does not require a new visa number from KCC.

I suspect there would be some logical explanation for them, because clearly visa issuance was otherwise blocked.
Exactly, that is why I don't think that visa issuance during April/May is a valid argument as there were clearly no interviews taking place since the end of March, and quite rightfuly so TBH...
Now keeping the embassies shut these days while everything is open and countries are almost back to normal that's a different story...

I found that case: 2020AF406. It underwent the following changes:
1. Ready (5 people) - 11/22/2019
2. AP (DV1 - AP, 4 people - Ready) - 01/16/2020
3. Refused (DV1 - Refused, DV2 and 3 DV3 Ready) - 03/19/2020 (technically still AP but they changed status globally around that time to Refused)
4. Issued (DV1 + 1 DV3 - Issued, 1 DV3 Ready, DV2 + 1 DV3 - AP) - 04/29/2020
5. Issued (DV1 + DV2 + 2 DV3 - Issued, 1 DV3 Ready) - 05/05/2020

Note: status update dates may not be accurate. I only have so many points.

3. Refused (DV1 - Refused, DV2 and 3 DV3 Ready) - 03/19/2020 (technically still AP but they changed status globally around that time to Refused)

Awesome. Thanks for that. So @curtisatlaw I think it's pretty safe to assume that they played by the rules and have nothing to explain. No leverage there.

I regretfully rushed to get my DS-260 submitted when I found out that I had won DV-2020 (I did'nt read Simon's blogs yet that stated high numbers should wait to submit their application). When I completed the application I selected to do AOS since I am currently in the U.S. . I have since then changed my mind and would like to do consular processing. I submitted an unlock request but the application form does not give me the option to change it back. It allows me to change all the other information but when it gets to the Location information page it just says "USCIS" Anyone else had this issue before? Does this mean it is too late to change it to Consular Processing? Please help.

FYI I'm 2020SA34xx so my number will not be current for quite some time.

Here there! May I ask you something? I'm 2021SA3xxx so I'd like to know if you already had the interview. just to have and idea. Good luck!

I have a strong hunch on what might have happened here. That scenario looks like the one we see with travel ban countries esp. Iran, where DV lottery winner and derivative children are issued, but derivative spouse is not. There are many Iranian women DV lottery winners -from 2017 especially - where the women and children were issued visas, but husbands never escaped security vetting in time for 9/30, so wives had to petition them from scratch with I-130 and many are just now being re-united or they're not there yet.

Since children were involved, I suspect the winner and/or their attorney were able to convince the consulate it was emergency and so they used their emergency mechanisms. Ankara did that for one of our Najafi v Pompeo plaintiffs a couple weeks ago who was a 19-year-old daughter on a I-130 petition.

Awesome. Thanks for that. So @curtisatlaw I think it's pretty safe to assume that they played by the rules and have nothing to explain. No leverage there.
Hmm. I think this shows they didn't play by the rules actually. As Joel Nantais emailed me directly on March 19:

"Please note that as always, we do have mechanisms in place to handle emergency appointments and services. Individuals with such circumstances should consult the U.S. Embassy or Consulate's website for detailed instructions, especially as local country conditions and health agencies may deem additional protections or criteria for our operations."

Thems the rules. Yet, they only found ONE DV lottery winner family that met the criteria of an emergency, when it's obvious from the rest of the statistics they found so many emergencies in other categories. Ciudad Juarez issued 74 IR1s!