• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 All Selectees

Also don't forget that United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) is in danger to go bankruptcy. I don't know anything about USCIS. But if they go bankruptcy outcome would be very worse for either dv2020 or dv2021.

Hi all.
I have a question im dv2020 and i have an appointment scheduled in embassy of my country yet not cancelled, if my work here in Albania it have to do with food chain process can the embassy process my case?

Hi all.
I have a question im dv2020 and i have an appointment scheduled in embassy of my country yet not cancelled, if my work here in Albania it have to do with food chain process can the embassy process my case?

“any alien seeking to enter the United States to provide temporary labor or services essential to the United States food supply chain”

That can be interpreted in different ways, but I don’t think DV is exempt from this proclamation. So can’t really tell you to proceed or not. Though it’s strange that you’re still scheduled for an interview...

@Noble Osei Owusu
Please stop giving people false hope. Just before EO extension, you were so sure that won't be extended. Sept 30th is the deadline for dv2020. That is the law and even 'the invisible man' won't change it. People this year suffered enough, you want them to live in a false hope another year?!
THANK YOU. I understand having hope and needing a silver lining, but this is not it; this is absolute denial, which I understand but I agree with you 100%. He was extremely sure the EO was not going to get extended before it happened so at some point this is just cruel to other DV winners.

Noble Osei Owusu

I appreciate your optimism very much. I wish that the miracle you are waiting, could happen.

I called to KCC yesterday, they told me that DV2020 is over, they are not processing any documents, and no one is going to receive documents confirmation anymore. The lady did not even want to take my case number, I insisted and gave it anyway. She put me on hold for a second, probably just pretending that she was checking something, she told me my DS260 is processed, she even told me that she can see that they have documents, but they will not be processed and I will not receive any email.

personally, I had double hits first my country was banned because of the previous ban for some countries, so I spent all my saving to get new citizenship to pass this issue and on the same week I got my new passport he banned them all (what luck :) )

personally, I had double hits first my country was banned because of the previous ban for some countries, so I spent all my saving to get new citizenship to pass this issue and on the same week I got my new passport he banned them all (what luck :) )
Lets pray that AILA Lawsuit will push some people to go. As we all know even if it works all of us cannot get interviews. Maybe this was not our time . God time is the best. Its really disturbing , sleepless nights. It is well with my soul.

Sometimes letting go things that we badly want can give us peace of mind . I was worried of losing this one in a life time chance since the day I found out to be a selectee . But since the extension of the immigration ban , I gave away the idea of immigrating this year to American . Maybe it's not meant to be ours ( at least this year ) . So accepting the bad outcome and preparing myself to move on with my life has helped me a lot , and really gave me peace . Whatever the outcome is , we must accept it and keep on surviving .

Saw this on travel.state.gov Instagram page about the reopening of embassies worldwide.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200710-221915.png
    Screenshot_20200710-221915.png
    235.8 KB · Views: 47
  • Screenshot_20200710-221951.png
    Screenshot_20200710-221951.png
    332.5 KB · Views: 51
  • Screenshot_20200710-221959.png
    Screenshot_20200710-221959.png
    220 KB · Views: 52
  • Screenshot_20200710-221934.png
    Screenshot_20200710-221934.png
    212.7 KB · Views: 49
  • Screenshot_20200710-221946.png
    Screenshot_20200710-221946.png
    328.3 KB · Views: 43
  • Screenshot_20200710-222012.png
    Screenshot_20200710-222012.png
    331.1 KB · Views: 44
Sometimes letting go things that we badly want can give us peace of mind . I was worried of losing this one in a life time chance since the day I found out to be a selectee . But since the extension of the immigration ban , I gave away the idea of immigrating this year to American . Maybe it's not meant to be ours ( at least this year ) . So accepting the bad outcome and preparing myself to move on with my life has helped me a lot , and really gave me peace . Whatever the outcome is , we must accept it and keep on surviving .
% correct.