• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 All Selectees

What about DV2020 winners. It's the end for us? There's nothing we can do? Just wait for what? We're running out of time

Why all people are being pessimistic all of a sudden since DV2021 results? DV2020 and DV2021 are 2 different programs, what happens in DV2021 should not change anything in DV2020
I think it’s because most DV related websites and forums are now focusing on DV2021 winners. But you‘re absolutely right, we should try to be optimistic..

I tweeted the Department of State yesterday to ask when embassies will be opening again for DV2020 winners. This is the response I got:

View attachment 1687
Yes this is what they keep saying, however many countries have very few cases of Coronavirus but still keep the embassies closed. I suspect there is a general rule at the Dos related to when embassies could open then it will depend on the local condition of each country

I think it’s because most DV related websites and forums are now focusing on DV2021 winners. But you‘re absolutely right, we should try to be optimistic..
Yes but many people are still in the DV2020 program and if most people are talking about DV2021 simply because it just has been started (remember when DV2020 started) and KCC will handle both

Yes but many people are still in the DV2020 program and if most people are talking about DV2021 simply because it just has been started (remember when DV2020 started) and KCC will handle both
I know but I think it’s also understandable that some DV2020 winners are frustrated (even the ones that were super optimistic during the whole time). We were lucky enough to win the lottery but we‘re stuck in this unexpected and helpless situation. Who knows if we‘re ever getting the chance to win again.

I know but I think it’s also understandable that some DV2020 winners are frustrated (even the ones that were super optimistic during the whole time). We were lucky enough to win the lottery but we‘re stuck in this unexpected and helpless situation. Who knows if we‘re ever getting the chance to win again.
I feel you as I am in the same boat :)

Agreed with you all, my country’s situation is very stable. Everything is open except internet/game cafes and the embassy. I am really frustrated.

Even though that many countries claim to have the Covid-19 under some control and open everything , the US department of the states has still to study the situation of each country before giving a go to any embassy to open . As much as I pray for the embassies to reopen and interviews resume ,I think we list understand that the department of state will not just believe whatever other countries say .

Even though that many countries claim to have the Covid-19 under some control and open everything , the US department of the states has still to study the situation of each country before giving a go to any embassy to open . As much as I pray for the embassies to reopen and interviews resume ,I think we list understand that the department of state will not just believe whatever other countries say .
Yep, if you look at Tunisia, they have only a bit over 1000 cases of corona and less than 50 deaths, the situation is under control and the country opened almost everything but the embassy
Switzerland was hit by the corona severely but now it is controling the situation as they had only 39 new cases today comparing to almost 1400 new cases in one day 2 months ago and the embassy is still closed
I am pretty sure there is a general rule that we are missing

In Georgia interviews scheduled for the first half of June were cancelled. Some interviews are still scheduled for the end of June and 1st of July. I do hope they won't cancel them too. People already took their medical checks.

As @WBA said , June is a critical month for our 2020 process , if the KCC starts sending 2nls in June , there is the a chance for some cases to get visas .

In my country we had about 18,000 infected and we dropped to around 1000 active cases in one month. Everything is open, almost all restriction have been removed, the infection rate is around 10 new people every day and guess what's still closed? That's right, the embassy. With no signs of opening anytime soon.
Oh, and the embassy staff are all here (there were a few interviews with them during this time)

Hello DV 2020 winners I see there is a lot of banic our there about process so let’s take breath and remember no one is selected by his intelligence it allah and your faith is been written already who is getting through so keep believing and I understand you all your frustrations I do as I was been through that me my self was one of the dv 2020 winners and I get my visa in January and arrived in the state early march before the pendamic start.
Keep believing and hope the best it is already written who is getting through or not.
I Hope you all get though and best of the luck.

In Georgia interviews scheduled for the first half of June were cancelled. Some interviews are still scheduled for the end of June and 1st of July. I do hope they won't cancel them too. People already took their medical checks.
I heard about the cancelled rescheduled interviews in Georgia but I didn't know that some of them are still scheduled, that's good to know
The EO ends in June 23rd, I think that's why end of June interviews were not cancelled

In my country we had about 18,000 infected and we dropped to around 1000 active cases in one month. Everything is open, almost all restriction have been removed, the infection rate is around 10 new people every day and guess what's still closed? That's right, the embassy. With no signs of opening anytime soon.
Oh, and the embassy staff are all here (there were a few interviews with them during this time)
Are they DV interviews?