• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 Oceania Selectees

Sooooo of course today when I was getting my documents ready I noticed that my marriage certificate is a souvenir version only.

I’ve sent my husband to go and grab a copy from the marriage dept/licensing place and to post it to me. My question is if it doesn’t get here in time for my interview is that grounds for refusal?

I’m assuming that I would be put in AP or whatever it is called till I can send it to them would that be correct?

Hi Guys

I’m married to an American citizen and this evening I found that instead of the certified copy of my marriage certificate I have the souvenir copy. I have asked my husband to go to the department of marriages and get a proper copy but fear it will not make it to Australia in time for my interview.

Will not having the copy of my license be grounds for denial at the interview?

Am I better off requesting for a later interview date instead and waiting till it gets here?

If I do get the interview date rescheduled will I have to do my medical again?

Thanks guys and good luck everyone.

Sooooo of course today when I was getting my documents ready I noticed that my marriage certificate is a souvenir version only.

I’ve sent my husband to go and grab a copy from the marriage dept/licensing place and to post it to me. My question is if it doesn’t get here in time for my interview is that grounds for refusal?

I’m assuming that I would be put in AP or whatever it is called till I can send it to them would that be correct?

AP pending submission, not an outright refusal.

Do you think I would be better off asking for a delay in my interview till the document arrives?

Original question answered on the OC thread.

Keep your current interview date, you will at worst be put on AP at the end of the interview pending the submission.

Now stop panicking and take some deep breaths!

Thanks Mom I do appreciate it now I’ll relax a little. I just needed to hear all was not lost because of a stupid oversight.

Hi Guys

I’m married to an American citizen and this evening I found that instead of the certified copy of my marriage certificate I have the souvenir copy. I have asked my husband to go to the department of marriages and get a proper copy but fear it will not make it to Australia in time for my interview.

Am I better off requesting for a later interview date instead and waiting till it gets here?

Hi Mijoro,
A similar thing happened to me, except I unknowingly presented the "souvenir" copy of our marriage certificate at the interview. The case officer at the interview didn't except it but said everything is fine and handed us a yellow form (which looks like a standard form for request of further items). The yellow form explains what & how to submit the missing documents. Our case then went into AP & they held our passports in the meantime.
It took about 10 days to receive our new marriage certificate from an interstate BD&M and we posted the original and a copy to the consulate. I was checking the CEAC almost every hour then around a week and a half later our status changed to issued & we received our passports, sealed envelope & original marriage certificate in the post the next day.

When is your interview? I wouldn't delay it, especially if you can order the certificate in the meantime!

Hi Guys

I think I better make sure I don’t have the same issue when I get home with mine :confused:

I’m sure everything will work out just fine with yours Mijoro :)

Unless your interview is within a few days, you can courier it over. I had a document sent from the UK to NZ in three business days. It will cost a bit, but it's not as expensive as you probably think.

Unless your interview is within a few days, you can courier it over. I had a document sent from the UK to NZ in three business days. It will cost a bit, but it's not as expensive as you probably think.
I’ve ordered mine on line and my husband is going to try and express post it as well costs about $40 usd to send it quickly. Thanks for the heads up.

Hi Mijoro,
A similar thing happened to me, except I unknowingly presented the "souvenir" copy of our marriage certificate at the interview. The case officer at the interview didn't except it but said everything is fine and handed us a yellow form (which looks like a standard form for request of further items). The yellow form explains what & how to submit the missing documents. Our case then went into AP & they held our passports in the meantime.
It took about 10 days to receive our new marriage certificate from an interstate BD&M and we posted the original and a copy to the consulate. I was checking the CEAC almost every hour then around a week and a half later our status changed to issued & we received our passports, sealed envelope & original marriage certificate in the post the next day.

When is your interview? I wouldn't delay it, especially if you can order the certificate in the meantime!
Thank you so much for letting me know I’m not the only one who has done this. I called the consulate this morning to double check and they said just bring what you have and don’t delay the interview. Thank you again.

Its been a long wait, but our interviews are next Tuesday - so I am down to the fine details. So I have a couple of questions:

With the document cover-sheets that the Sydney embassy wants you to use, do you actually tick the boxes on the cover-sheet for the documents that you have or just leave it blank with the documents attached?

I see that on the principle's version of the cover-sheet at the very bottom you can insert a new name and address for receipt of the greencards if this address is different from the one that you used on the DS260. I need to do this - has anybody else used this before?

Cheers, Jim..

Its been a long wait, but our interviews are next Tuesday - so I am down to the fine details. So I have a couple of questions:

With the document cover-sheets that the Sydney embassy wants you to use, do you actually tick the boxes on the cover-sheet for the documents that you have or just leave it blank with the documents attached?

I see that on the principle's version of the cover-sheet at the very bottom you can insert a new name and address for receipt of the greencards if this address is different from the one that you used on the DS260. I need to do this - has anybody else used this before?

Cheers, Jim..
I ticked the boxes for the documents I had, not sure if it matters or not as they will go through your documents when you first arrive and put them in the required order, they’ll then go through them a second time to make sure you have everything you need. Then they go through them a third time in your actual interview.

I didn’t need to change the address so I can’t answer that question for you, but I’d say change it there and then confirm it during your interview. I can tell you that the address was confirmed with me several times during immigration processing at POE

Good luck for next week, don’t be nervous, just answer truthfully and you’ll be fine.

Passed my driving test today. As there is no reciprocy with Australia in Washington State I had to do both the written and practical test.
I read the license handbook and took several online practice tests. Headed off to the DMV this morning to register my profile, was then directed to a driver training centre for the tests.
Passed the written test with 90%. I was going to leave it at that for the day and do the practical test another day but the lady said they had an opening in 10 minutes if I wanted it.... I opted to do a 40 minute lesson with the instructor first and then the test.
The lesson was great, he helped with my parallel parking as I wasn’t confident being on the other side of the car and road etc. He advised what he’d be looking for when doing the test and explained what I would lose points for. He then said not to be nervous and don’t worry about losing a point here or there, no one gets 100%
We began the exam and went through all the things he had previously talked about, test took no more than 15 minutes.
We pulled back into the testing centre and he said, wow you drive better than me, congratulations you passed ..... with a perfect score, 100%!!
Now I just need to wait for one piece of documentation to arrive in the post to show my residence and then I can collect my license.

Awesome about the driving test! Did you cope ok with driving on the other side of the road?

I think Texas has a practical and written test also, has anyone done the Texas one? I'm struggling to understand the process for Texas.

Also I am pretty happy, managed to actually get a flat over the internet in a community. Very high yelp/google reviews and right next to the school.