• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 Oceania Selectees

Wow it’s cutting it fine but I’m sure you have all your paperwork n stuff ready to go. Do you have to get overseas police checks or anything like that?

Wow it’s cutting it fine but I’m sure you have all your paperwork n stuff ready to go. Do you have to get overseas police checks or anything like that?

Have it all. The only potential hiccup is that the Aussie Defence Force doesn't provide "original" records to former personnel, which both myself and my wife are. Comms with the consulate said to "discuss it" with the interviewing officer.

Have it all. The only potential hiccup is that the Aussie Defence Force doesn't provide "original" records to former personnel, which both myself and my wife are. Comms with the consulate said to "discuss it" with the interviewing officer.

No doubt the consulate knows that they don’t provide those records so it shouldn’t be an issue you would think.

At least with an August date you still have some breathing room. I wonder if anyone is getting interviewed in September?

Anybody else here have their interviews coming up soon? Mine is on Tuesday (yay!). Thanks to those who posted long, detailed descriptions of your interview day. Really helps to know what to expect on the day.

Anybody else here have their interviews coming up soon? Mine is on Tuesday (yay!). Thanks to those who posted long, detailed descriptions of your interview day. Really helps to know what to expect on the day.
Good luck GC are you going solo or with family? Do you know where you want to live in the USA?

I think interview reports are great as like you said they give you an idea of what to expect.

I had no idea that most LPRs don't carry it with them. My kids don't carry theirs, but mine is always with me.

Last edited:
I had no idea that most LPRs don't carry it with them. My kids don't carry theirs, but mine is always with me.
Many just carry a photocopy as a proxy. I don’t personally know if/how well that works tbh.

My real ID DL is indirect proof I’m in authorized stay, too. Not sure again how well that would go down with ICE.

I carry my GC, although I am still new here so I feel like I may need it from time to time. The wife has hers. My kids are stored away though, I wouldn't trust them with a toothpick.

There should be an email from Sydney Embassy that provides a link to where you should pay your fee. It's the one you get when they tell you you're visa has been issued.

Cheers
L
Thanks Guys, worked it out and paid for the GC, woop getting closer I leave for my activation trip on Sunday.

Aidyn, you said they confirmed your address, how did they do that do they call the place?

I’m pretty sure confirmation is them asking you if you still want the visa sent to the same place.

I’m pretty sure confirmation is them asking you if you still want the visa sent to the same place.
Ok cool thanks just wanted to warn my frineds in case they call haha

Does anybody know do we have to go into the Social Security Office to get our SS number or is it activated and sent to the same address when we enter the country?

Cheers

Good luck GC are you going solo or with family? Do you know where you want to live in the USA?

I think interview reports are great as like you said they give you an idea of what to expect.

Thanks @Mijoro. I have my sights set on New York! :D

I'm going solo on this. No family or friends there either (hence my lack of US address dilemma). If approved, I'm planning on doing an activation trip for a week during December so I can spend Christmas there. Then use the 1 year period after to get my affairs in order before moving permanently.

I'd be extremely grateful if anybody can help me out with the US address situation. I think I should be okay with the temporary hotel address I used on the form at the interview, but I'd need to have an address for the GC by the time I get to the POE. All suggestions would be greatly appreciated! And if anybody is willing to lend an address, please DM me.