• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 Oceania Selectees

Good to see another Queenslander in here. I’m pretty sure that they have to look at you man or lady bits during the heath check. If it were just a normal check then it might not be an issue but I’d prefer a lady doctor and a trip to Sydney isn’t a bad thing.
Hi guys, Did my medical last year, as part of my journey. It was underpants on, but might have been because I had a female doctor. The medical is fairly intrusive, at least question wise. As for shots, I had them done beforehand and was able to bring proof to the medical.

Hi guys, Did my medical last year, as part of my journey. It was underpants on, but might have been because I had a female doctor. The medical is fairly intrusive, at least question wise. As for shots, I had them done beforehand and was able to bring proof to the medical.
Are you male or female?

Hi Whypie. Thanks for the info.

Question:If a lot of the early numbers do not file their 260 before October do they usually select higher numbers for the interview range.

Example Oct interviews up to cn 300 if few responded would they be likely to push that number to 350 or400?

I know it’s unlikely but I’m interested in understanding how it works.

Question:If a lot of the early numbers do not file their 260 before October do they usually select higher numbers for the interview range.

Example Oct interviews up to cn 300 if few responded would they be likely to push that number to 350 or400?

I know it’s unlikely but I’m interested in understanding how it works.

Yes that is how it works. In previous years (DV2015 to DV2017) this caused high early VB numbers because the DS260s were processed in date received order and this created backlogs. If a case number was current, but the DS260 was not processed, that case couldn't be scheduled. However, in DV2018, that got sorted out, as the DS260s were prioritized on case number as well as submission date. Because of that, VB numbers started much slower (and people freaked out).

So - in your scenario - less submitted DS260s would theoretically increase the VB pace in the first months, to slow down later.

Yes that is how it works. In previous years (DV2015 to DV2017) this caused high early VB numbers because the DS260s were processed in date received order and this created backlogs. If a case number was current, but the DS260 was not processed, that case couldn't be scheduled. However, in DV2018, that got sorted out, as the DS260s were prioritized on case number as well as submission date. Because of that, VB numbers started much slower (and people freaked out).

So - in your scenario - less submitted DS260s would theoretically increase the VB pace in the first months, to slow down later.

Cool thanks for explaining it Simon I appreciate that

DS-260 Submitted within 2 weeks. Even though we had to get passports for our kids, and remember back through 29 years of address changes. Now I'm fighting the Military to get copies of my VERY old Army records, (still paper-based, not computer). But I wanted to get the DS260 in ASAP to not jeopardise my chance of an early interview with a 4xx number. It was a very busy couple of weeks, that's for sure.

I've been through countless medical checks so I'm not concerned about that, plus due to my international experience I have more vaccinations than an Astronaut. Don't even care what gender the Doctor is if they want to check my "bits". Been there, done that! Am Vic-based, so we have a couple of Doctors in Melbourne.

Hi everyone. I’m an Australian living in the US on an E-3 visa and was lucky enough to win the lottery last month on my second try. Really excited about it. I was also lucky to receive a very low CN (below 50). I decided to opt for CP instead of AOS. I'm due for a trip home anyway, and I hear it's a simpler (and sometimes more successful?) process. Either way, I just filled out my DS-260 and will await an interview date (hopefully the first round in October). I'm thankful for the opportunity to get a green card, and am so thankful for this forum and for the innumerable questions I had that were answered by either posting or reading through tons of previous posts. This has been such a great resource. Will keep everyone updated on my journey, and may have more questions as my interview approaches. Looking forward to following along on everyone else's journey!

Omg that is awesome. I’m so excited for you I cannot wait to hear all about your experience and seeing as how you will likely be the first of the 2019 crew to go through the process I’m excited for you.

Thanks @EmilyW. Any idea on the usual timeframe for that? How much time should I give myself before the interview?

From memory, we did ours either 2 or 3 weeks before the interview. It will depend on when the panel doctor can see you and we also wanted to allow time in case anything came up in the medical that needed further investigation.

From memory, we did ours either 2 or 3 weeks before the interview. It will depend on when the panel doctor can see you and we also wanted to allow time in case anything came up in the medical that needed further investigation.
Great, this is super helpful, thank you!

For some, they will want to move the medical as close to the interview date as possible, as the visa in your passport (once approved) has an expiry date of six months from the date of the medical. That gives them a close to six month window to activate the visa.

Since you're already here in the States, that's not a concern for you.