• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 Oceania Selectees

I know I’m my situation accommodation and utilities will be covered- I will be getting a signed declaration from my husband for this (as to whether this will help or not is another thing).

I have read quite a bit that they don’t like to take into consideration material things for proof of funds at the interview so I personally won’t be relying on that.

I do however have a heap of my funds tied up in annual leave from work though so hopefully this will be sufficient with a print out from my last payslip when the time comes :)
Good thinking re the annual leave etc. I have a fair bit of that plus long service leave also which will come in handy.

Are you going to sign an official us form or more of a stat dec re your husband supporting you?

I know I’m my situation accommodation and utilities will be covered- I will be getting a signed declaration from my husband for this (as to whether this will help or not is another thing).

I have read quite a bit that they don’t like to take into consideration material things for proof of funds at the interview so I personally won’t be relying on that.

I do however have a heap of my funds tied up in annual leave from work though so hopefully this will be sufficient with a print out from my last payslip when the time comes :)
I'm really hoping they do take relationships and the fact that I already have a place to live with bills already being paid. My boyfriends dad said he would do the I-134 for me and on each visit over there we talked about it but never ended up filling it in ... he finally sent it last week but did not provide any supporting documentation and despite me saying I need it he still hasn't sent it. With my interview in a week I'm freaking out, I can't get my boyfriend to fill it in because he took a year off work so on paper he does not meet minimum income. I do have a few friends I can ask but it feel so last minute

ok .. I've vented a little, still stressed out but I'm at least breathing again :)

I'm really hoping they do take relationships and the fact that I already have a place to live with bills already being paid. My boyfriends dad said he would do the I-134 for me and on each visit over there we talked about it but never ended up filling it in ... he finally sent it last week but did not provide any supporting documentation and despite me saying I need it he still hasn't sent it. With my interview in a week I'm freaking out, I can't get my boyfriend to fill it in because he took a year off work so on paper he does not meet minimum income. I do have a few friends I can ask but it feel so last minute

ok .. I've vented a little, still stressed out but I'm at least breathing again :)
You will be fine Aidyn and if they ask you for it you can hit your future father in law up. You’re almost there.

Good thinking re the annual leave etc. I have a fair bit of that plus long service leave also which will come in handy.
I meant Long Service Leave lol!

Are you going to sign an official us form or more of a stat dec re your husband supporting you?
Official US form? I-134 is not possible atm- is there another I should be aware about? I was moreso thinking stat dec.

Question for those that have gone through the process already- regards to proof of funds for those that were asked, did you put that amongst documents requested or did you just hold onto it and if they asked you then provided?

I didn't put my proof of funds with the documents requested; however, I did present them when the Interviewing Officer asked how much funds I had available. The officer didn't ask for proof per se, but I proffered it to make the process smoother.

I just supplied a print out of the summary page that shows all my accounts and balances.

I meant Long Service Leave lol!

Official US form? I-134 is not possible atm- is there another I should be aware about? I was moreso thinking stat dec.
I thought there may have been an official document like the I-134 for the dv

I didn't put my proof of funds with the documents requested; however, I did present them when the Interviewing Officer asked how much funds I had available. The officer didn't ask for proof per se, but I proffered it to make the process smoother.

I just supplied a print out of the summary page that shows all my accounts and balances.
I wonder if it would have been an issue if you didn’t have it.

Do you think all of the folks at your interview were dv winners or just Immigragtion folks

You are interviewing in Sydney - right?

In that case the I-134 is VERY unlikely to be discussed.

You are interviewing in Sydney - right?

In that case the I-134 is VERY unlikely to be discussed.
Yes I am interviewing in Sydney and I have heard it is unlikely to be asked for there. I just like to have all my bases covered.

Stressing about it won't change anything so I am doing my best to just roll with it :)

Is it likely that if I don’t receive my 2nl by the end of this month that it will be scheduled before the release of the next lot of case numbers on the 15th or will I have to wait till the end of next month for the June interviews to be scheduled.

I know that the common response is to wait and see but as I have to book flights to get medical and arrange annual leave etc but it would be handy to have an educated guess.

Is it likely that if I don’t receive my 2nl by the end of this month that it will be scheduled before the release of the next lot of case numbers on the 15th or will I have to wait till the end of next month for the June interviews to be scheduled.

I know that the common response is to wait and see but as I have to book flights to get medical and arrange annual leave etc but it would be handy to have an educated guess.
Simon usually says that letters can continue to be sent up to the end of the month. If you havent received it by the end of the month you would then be looking to receive it in the next batch of letters that are sent after the June VB is released

Cool then if I don’t get it by the end of this week I can at least chill for a little while.

I think proof of funds probably depends on the case officer as well as the circumstances of the people in question. For example, for my family they clearly wanted proof of funds. Not a problem for me but it was clearly stated I needed to supply proof at the interview and the case officer did mention it (briefly) in the interview. I think it's probably different for those people who are married to US citizens perhaps, as I guess it may be implied they will support you anyway.

Who really knows. On top of the fact each consulate seems to have its own threshold, it seems each case officer does also. My case officer in Auckland was very friendly and happy about us moving to Texas (as he is from Texas...).

I think proof of funds probably depends on the case officer as well as the circumstances of the people in question. For example, for my family they clearly wanted proof of funds. Not a problem for me but it was clearly stated I needed to supply proof at the interview and the case officer did mention it (briefly) in the interview. I think it's probably different for those people who are married to US citizens perhaps, as I guess it may be implied they will support you anyway.

Who really knows. On top of the fact each consulate seems to have its own threshold, it seems each case officer does also. My case officer in Auckland was very friendly and happy about us moving to Texas (as he is from Texas...).
Yeah it does seem to differ even down to each case officer. Thankfully my boyfriends dad has now provided the supporting documentation so I'm all set on that front now - huge relief. Even if the chance of them asking for it is slim, I still like to be prepared for all situations.

So got my passport back with the VISA stamp, woohoo! I have to enter the US by the 2nd Aug so have booked flight for 21 July.

Cheap flights atm through Air New Zealand $850 return.

Once I enter the US and activate the Green Card how long does it take to recieve the GC at the nominated address?

So got my passport back with the VISA stamp, woohoo! I have to enter the US by the 2nd Aug so have booked flight for 21 July.

Cheap flights atm through Air New Zealand $850 return.

Once I enter the US and activate the Green Card how long does it take to recieve the GC at the nominated address?
Congrats JNR007. The Social Security Number takes about 3 weeks and the Green Card can take up to 3 months

Yes, it is case by case, but also based on the policies/procedures per embassy. ANY embassy can ask for financials, Sydney rarely does, Auckland does more often. All embassies are obliged to consider public charge concerns, how they do that is up to them.