• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 Oceania Selectees

No activation trip for me, if all goes to plan I'll interview at the beginning of April and move permanently on May 1st
Soooooooo exciting Aidyn.

Question do any of the OC crew have a YouTube channel or follow a particular person in relation to the DV lottery

Soooooooo exciting Aidyn.

Question do any of the OC crew have a YouTube channel or follow a particular person in relation to the DV lottery
I had no idea anything like that even existed :-|

Have you got your 2NL yet Mijoro?

I am if everything goes smoothly I’m hoping for an activation trip on the 4th of July. Purely for corny reasons I think it would be nice to be an offical LPR on Independence Day.

I plan on staying a week or 10 days just to get a bank account set up and check out a few rental properties I have been communicating with.

What about you?
Still tossing up whether or not to go for the activation trip. My interview will be sometime in June I’m guessing and if I do end up going, trip will be July as well. More than likely later July/ early August to coincide with husbands birthday :) I am just fighting with the fact that it would only be a few extra months if I wait and go over for good, which I was kinda planning late October/ early November.

I had no idea anything like that even existed :-|

Have you got your 2NL yet Mijoro?
Not yet Aidyn I’ve been checking it religiously but I wonder as how my documents were only completed mid jan if it is enough time for them to schedule me in with the May interview crew. I might miss out next month but at least in current.

As for the YouTube channel I’ve been watching different ones but this video is a good one and was an Aussie girl from last year.

Still tossing up whether or not to go for the activation trip.

My interview will be sometime in June I’m guessing and if I do end up going, trip will be July as well. More than likely later July/ early August to coincide with husbands birthday :)

I am just fighting with the fact that it would only be a few extra months if I wait and go over for good, which I was kinda planning late October/ early November.
You could make it a fun short trip to somewhere crazy like Vegas and by the time you’re ready to come back you’ll know your ss card and lpr card are waiting. Could also open a bank account too if you don’t have one.

Not yet Aidyn I’ve been checking it religiously but I wonder as how my documents were only completed mid jan if it is enough time for them to schedule me in with the May interview crew. I might miss out next month but at least in current.

As for the YouTube channel I’ve been watching different ones but this video is a good one and was an Aussie girl from last year.

Sweet girl, but my oh my she is soooo confused about the process.

Interesting though that she got deported and was still given her green card.

I didn’t have the patience to watch, what was she deported for? If it was for overstaying it wouldn’t be a problem for an immigrant visa (assuming any ban period expired). I’m assuming it was not for a crime of moral turpitude, which should disqualify her for a green card.

I didn’t have the patience to watch, what was she deported for? If it was for overstaying it wouldn’t be a problem for an immigrant visa (assuming any ban period expired). I’m assuming it was not for a crime of moral turpitude, which should disqualify her for a green card.
Yup it was for overstaying.

How hard is it to open a bank acct in the US? Assuming you don't have a job at the time and new to the country. Anyone recommend a bank thats a bit more lenient to immigrants?

Bank account should be no problem without a job and then look at getting a secured credit card to start building your credit score. If you have an American Express card in good standing look at getting your file transferred across.

How hard is it to open a bank acct in the US? Assuming you don't have a job at the time and new to the country. Anyone recommend a bank thats a bit more lenient to immigrants?

It's not hard. I did it last year as a tourist, with the US Bank. Just do your research as to what documentation is required, but there was nothing unusual about it.