• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 Ghana Selectees

Case number 2019AF12***
Submitted eDV November, 2017
submitted DS260 on June 2018
submitted document on November 2018
unlock and resubmitted on December 2018
2NL in December

Document
1. 2NL
2. Confirmation page
3. Birth cert
4. Passport
5. Education cert (Wasce, Nov/Dec, HND and transcripts)
6. Police cert

My interview was schedule on 9:30. I got to the embassy around 8:50am… (Accra traffic). I got to the entrance (there were people[agents] standing there waiting for their people inside the embassy… no queue, it’s because I probably came late)

Security man 1 at the entrant: Do you have anything like phone on you?
Me: Yes
Security Man 1 : Give it to the one who accompanied you here?
Me: I came alone

He showed me a man to give the phone to, I did just that… When inside and did the next security checks. From there I tried to enter the embassy proper by the door was locked. Later I heard someone (Security Man 2) calling from behind to wait for he is coming to open for me…

Security Man 2: Did you come alone
Security Man 2: Ok, If you go there, anything they ask you answer with VHIM
Me: Thank you, Boss

When inside the embassy proper, went for briefing on document at boot 13 as usual, paid the visa fees and then submitted my document. Less than 2 minutes I was called to boot 4 to the interview.

CO lead me to say the oath:

CO: how many times have you entered the DV
Me: 2/3 time… I am not sure (this time I was a little tensed, how can I know)

CO: Who fill the form?
Me: me

CO: When did you fill the form (started to type)
Me: ans

CO: where did you fill the form, at the internet café or at home.

CO: (Picked my certs, looked through for a while and asked) Oh so you wrote the WASCE again?
Me: yes

CO: Why, because your first was not good, is this the one?? (he showed me the NOV/DEC)

CO: What is your highest level of Education? (pick the HND cert and transcript and look through)

CO: Where do you work? (still typing)
Me: GRA

CO: what is GRA

CO: Do you know someone in America, What’s his name, which state?

CO: What is your relation to him? (still typing)
Me: My Uncle

CO: which sector do you want to work in America? (typing)
Me: financial

CO: I am approving your Visa for you, pick this form….

After waiting for about 2-month, case moved from AP to Issued….

I will like to say a BIG thank you to Britsimon, Sm1smon and the super Moderators, Frank Boakye, Samtuga…. Ray, I see you. Yes, to all new members. Please do the right thing always and be truthful… and pray… for without the blessings of God all these will be blusted away.

Case number 2019AF12***
2NL in December

Document
1. 2NL
2. Confirmation page
3. Birth cert
4. Passport
6. Police cert

My interview was schedule on 9:30. I got to the embassy around 8:50am… (Accra traffic). I got to the entrance (there were people[agents] standing there waiting for their people inside the embassy… no queue, it’s because I probably came late)

He showed me a man to give the phone to, I did just that… When inside and did the next security checks. From there I tried to enter the embassy proper by the door was locked. Later I heard someone (Security Man 2) calling from behind to wait for he is coming to open for me…

When inside the embassy proper, went for briefing on document at boot 13 as usual, paid the visa fees and then submitted my document. Less than 2 minutes I was called to boot 4 to the interview.

CO: (Picked my certs, looked through for a while and asked) Oh so you wrote the WASCE again?

CO: Why, because your first was not good, is this the one?? (he showed me the NOV/DEC)

CO: What is your highest level of Education? (pick the HND cert and transcript and look through)

I will like to say a BIG thank you to Britsimon, Sm1smon and the super Moderators, Frank Boakye, Samtuga…. Ray, I see you. Yes, to all new members. Please do the right thing always and be truthful… and pray… for without the blessings of God all these will be blusted away.

Welcome to the family!
Congrats man

Guy... we've been on issued for 2 weeks(since March 26) yet no alert.... was at the dhl the package was not there....

Going to dhl without receiving the notice from them is a waste of time.
If you did the registration, then you should be checking your mail and the site for the update.
If you go beyond 3wks, then you can can contact them.

Case number 2019AF12***
2NL in December

Document
1. 2NL
2. Confirmation page
3. Birth cert
4. Passport
6. Police cert

congrats once again

Still waiting... Just seen an update in a very long while. Will inform the house when I get anything relevant. Congrats on your approval Ray.
update as in on the date or from READY to AP or which update you talking about

Magic man

Interview experience 02/04/2019

It all begun with dumsor, as I couldn't get electricity(power) to press my African wear, latter on changed to my normal working dress.( as normal for our Ghanaian perspective)

6:00 am, I left the house by dropping at the embasy at 7:15am. Just for a while, I saw a long queue marching under the tree heading towards the entrance near the security check point.
I became curious and run to fix myself just behind the last.
A lady came to check our appointment letters and later our passports were checked at the outside gate before we entered the first entrance.
At the first entrance, our bags were put on the wheel belt and moved ahead for scanning.

Our bodies were scanned and latter asked to further our journey to the second entrance.

@ the second entrance, the lady took our appointment letters and we were asked to comfortably sit.
Just within 30 minutes our names were called by order of submission of our appointment letters.
We all got to the last Boot (13) to pick the currency rate form (1 $ = 5.30p) and wrote our names and currency to be paid on the paper.

After this, another queue was formed to window 1 to pay our money ($ 330, or GHC 1749.00)
afterwards, the reciepts were taken and proceeded to the next round where our documents were sorted out for further interview.

Around 9:00 am, I was called to window 4.
( White man).
I was praying to ESCAPE the black American man @ window 6, because he denied the first guy this morning on educational requirements wassce .

Now at the burning furnace time.

CO: . Good morning young guy, welcome.

Magic: good morning sir how are you?

CO: Raise up your hands and swear this ............blablabla?

Magic man: I responded yes.

CO: I can see, u have a bachelor's degree from valley view university, is that true?

Magic man : Yes.

CO: when did you complete your high sch?.

Magic man: pardon?

Note: I internally pardoned in order to rememer by the time He would have finished asking the second time.

CO: I mean your high school year?

Magic man: 2003

CO: what ? 2010?

Magic man : no I said 2003.
CO: okay sorry.

CO: after high school year, what did you do?.

Magic man: I was a teacher ( private).

CO: which pupil do you teach ?

Magic man: elementary or basic school.

CO: thus nice.

CO: what work will you do in USA

Magic man: since teaching is my profession and had had an experience for 8 years plus 3 years teaching in private schools, I will further to teach in America.

CO: oh thus nice

CO; which state are u going.?

Magic man :...........

CO: whom are u going to stay with?

Magic man: my friend.

CO: you are a young brave man, congratulations, you are in America today, but take this printed form and read to follow the instructions for your visa in two weeks.
Bye bye.

Magic man: I just gave a smile back to him and thanked him.

CO: I like your gentle dressing too.

Magic man: thank you.

( note: dress to impress , not too much but look natural African, it counts, when I got der, he greeted me and welcomed me by my dressing: white Long sleeve - saint Phillip shirt, with my bow tie, and and designed belt). - dress your documents too with truth and that one will qualify you more.

Also don't forget your prayer, .......may God see anyone tru after reading my experience... Goodluck

Magic man......the magic is... though I had E in English at ssce 2003 but my diploma and degree sailed me truuu... Thus favor.

Thanks to this group especially, sam1mom, shellockery, Joe, .......

"Welcome to DHL Ghana Limited, Visa Collection. Your ticket number is A004. Thank you".
I got this message today, meanwhile I was at dhl yesterday but they said my package hasn't been forwarded to them. Could this mean my package is now with them or it is out of my yesterday's visit. The same ticket number was given to me yesterday.

"Welcome to DHL Ghana Limited, Visa Collection. Your ticket number is A004. Thank you".
I got this message today, meanwhile I was at dhl yesterday but they said my package hasn't been forwarded to them. Could this mean my package is now with them or it is out of my byesterday's visit. The same ticket number was given to me yesterday.
The last time I was there to follow up on our visa, you are given a ticket number that is called for you to go to the counter. I received a message as well but it was when I was there. Cross check the date is the message again.

@Samtuga kindly confirm the content of your collection notification message.

I got this message today, meanwhile I was at dhl yesterday but they said my package hasn't been forwarded to them. Could this mean my package is now with them or it is out of my yesterday's visit. The same ticket number was given to me yesterday.

This is an sms notification you receive when you visit the DHL centre and you initiate a ticket to be served. The sms may have delayed. The notification for pick up will quote your passport number.

it was out of your yesterday visit