• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 AOS Only

I won the 2019 DV and have been in the process of adjustment of status. My Case number is AF00035XXX, which was current in the month of june as per the Visa bulletin. I submitted by AOS file, did fingerprint on and the Online case tracking shows that it fingerprinting was completed on July 4, 2019. I have talked to the KCC officers and they informed me that I am supposed to contact USCIS to request an interview. when i call USCIS, they say I am not supposed to contact them and that I have to wait for the normal processing time. A couple of officers told me that i have to wait for 21months (which is absurd, bse the DV VISA cut off date is September 30). I have been going back an forth between KCC and USCIS and it is very frustrating. The KCC officer told me to insist bse a visa number has been available for me since June and that since i have done everything, USCIS is supposed to give me an interview immediately. KCC even adviced that I do a walk in to the local office in San Francisco but they do not receive infosPass or walk-ins appointments... It is confusing and worrying.

What do I do now? Time is not on my side.
After doing what others on this forum have advised you to do (above posts), and if August ends without an Interview, contact your US Congressperson and ask them to contact the FO to status inquire about your case, but as others said, it might not be necessary given that the FO know about the FY deadline. So “wait-and-see” remains the best course of action for now.

Reactions: Bbe
I know one person from Iran who got his green card through AOS. He never bothered himself to update here or the spreadsheet after getting so much help from here for his process but he told me he got it without problem.

Thank you for sharing. I appreciate if you can also share your interview experience with us.

Hi all! Update on my case: two Fridays ago an officer called my husband and told him that what was actually missing were two copies of the i508 (he said you had to include three of these, we are not sure why, but maybe sth to update on the spreadsheet?). My husband took them to the FO that Saturday, as the officer said, and they told him they were the only docs missing, and that we would receive an answer any moment. Buuut we are still waiting. I know it's only been a week, but he kind of implied it would be fast. How long do you suggest we wait and what can we do if it takes longer, given that the deadline is approaching? Can we get an infopass? Thanks!

Hi Mom,

As a general question, do you know how field offices usually handle the cases that they receive in the same time frame?

For example, looking at the current AOS timeline excel sheet, it seems that the Detroit FO has received 4 AOS in the month of July ( in the last two weeks of July).

Based on this, do you think they handle those cases based on a First in -first out, or do they consider the sequence of case number! Or are they any other factors such as country of origin, current status, security background check...etc ?

Many Thanks!

Dear Mom,
Today my wife received the welcome letter. But still there is no decision made in my case.
1. Should I wait with patience or contact the customer service?
Thanks Mom.

Hi all! Update on my case: two Fridays ago an officer called my husband and told him that what was actually missing were two copies of the i508 (he said you had to include three of these, we are not sure why, but maybe sth to update on the spreadsheet?). My husband took them to the FO that Saturday, as the officer said, and they told him they were the only docs missing, and that we would receive an answer any moment. Buuut we are still waiting. I know it's only been a week, but he kind of implied it would be fast. How long do you suggest we wait and what can we do if it takes longer, given that the deadline is approaching? Can we get an infopass? Thanks!

There’s two months left to deadline. And like you said, it’s only been one week since you submitted the requested documents. You can go on INFOPASS if you prefer though, no harm in doing so.

Hi Mom,

As a general question, do you know how field offices usually handle the cases that they receive in the same time frame?

For example, looking at the current AOS timeline excel sheet, it seems that the Detroit FO has received 4 AOS in the month of July ( in the last two weeks of July).

Based on this, do you think they handle those cases based on a First in -first out, or do they consider the sequence of case number! Or are they any other factors such as country of origin, current status, security background check...etc ?

Many Thanks!

Of course background check clearance will play a role, at least with the approval if not with when the interview gets scheduled. USCIS doesn’t give a hoot about the CN sequence, except of course to ensure the CN is current. Outside of that, I don’t know.

Dear Mom,
Today my wife received the welcome letter. But still there is no decision made in my case.
1. Should I wait with patience or contact the customer service?
Thanks Mom.

You can exercise some patience, you can contact the customer service number - your call. Except of course the customer service rep is most likely not going to be able to provide you with any useful information which you can’t already see online yourself.

Has anyone ever asked USCIS to fax them a document?

I have done it today and the officer ensured me it would take 30 minutes at most and that they would call me to confirm the reception but it's been 3 hours almost and no fax / no call has been received ..

Wondering if it is a common thing or not.

Of course background check clearance will play a role, at least with the approval if not with when the interview gets scheduled. USCIS doesn’t give a hoot about the CN sequence, except of course to ensure the CN is current. Outside of that, I don’t know.
Thank you, Mom!

Good news.
We went to the interview last week. It took us around 1 hour and he went through all the questions finally he said he will approve. Next day the status changed for both of us to "New Card Is Being Produced" and again the other day my husband's status changed to "Case Was Approved". I received my welcome letter 2 days before but didn't receive the husband's letter. In the USPS online tool and the email alert for the day delivery it showing both USCIS letters. My questions are.
1. In case if the USPS made any mistake and didn't deliver would that be a problem ? do I have to call USCIS regarding this ?
2. Is status change for my husband normal ?
3. Do we need the welcome letter in future ?
Thanks in advance.

Update : Just now our online status changed to "Card Was Mailed To Me"

Last edited:
Good news.
We went to the interview last week. It took us around 1 hour and he went through all the questions finally he said he will approve. Next day the status changed for both of us to "New Card Is Being Produced" and again the other day my husband's status changed to "Case Was Approved". I received my welcome letter 2 days before but didn't receive the husband's letter. In the USPS online tool and the email alert for the day delivery it showing both USCIS letters. My questions are.
1. In case if the USPS made any mistake and didn't deliver would that be a problem ? do I have to call USCIS regarding this ?
Thanks in advance.

Congratulations!
I know you are a F1 student from your previous massages in the forum. I’m in the same situation. I have a question for you. During the interview did they ask you about the financial support?

Good news.
Thanks in advance.

Congratulations on completing the journey :)

Hi, We (me and my husband (EU XXXXX) won the green card lottery and our case number became current on July. We applied for AOS and did biomatrics on 26th July. I have few questions at this point specially for MOM.
1. When we call KCC, they mentioned that USCIS have not requested our information. Is it applicants responsibility to talk to USCIS regarding this or USCIS do by them selves when time it up. We are from CA and sent the applications to CHicago lock box.
2. I have gone through the timeline spread sheet and that is very helpful. But since USCIS should complete all 2018 (DV selectees) by 30th Sept, I am wondering if any one has any idea how long it will take for me to hear from USCIS for our interview.
3. Do you recommend us to do anything at this point other than being patient ?
Thank you very much for your time in advance.

Good news.
Thanks in advance.

1. It is not a problem however I suggest you let USPS you did not receive one of those letters contrary to what is shown on your Informed Delivery message update - doesn’t look like something USCIS should be concerned with.

2. Yes. Sometimes they update, sometimes they don’t.

3. No, not for immigration purpose.

Hi, We (me and my husband (EU XXXXX) won the green card lottery and our case number became current on July. We applied for AOS and did biomatrics on 26th July. I have few questions at this point specially for MOM.
1. When we call KCC, they mentioned that USCIS have not requested our information. Is it applicants responsibility to talk to USCIS regarding this or USCIS do by them selves when time it up. We are from CA and sent the applications to CHicago lock box.
2. I have gone through the timeline spread sheet and that is very helpful. But since USCIS should complete all 2018 (DV selectees) by 30th Sept, I am wondering if any one has any idea how long it will take for me to hear from USCIS for our interview.
3. Do you recommend us to do anything at this point other than being patient ?
Thank you very much for your time in advance.

1. Your FO will request the KCC file on their own.
2. You’ve gone through the timeline spreadsheet but haven’t used it for the purpose it’s meant for. Use the spreadsheet(s) to figure out the average processing time for your applicable FO to determine how long your case could possibly take.
3. See two above for now.

1. Your FO will request the KCC file on their own.
2. You’ve gone through the timeline spreadsheet but haven’t used it for the purpose it’s meant for. Use the spreadsheet(s) to figure out the average processing time for your applicable FO to determine how long your case could possibly take.
3. See two above for now.

Thank you so much MOM for your swift reply :)

Has anyone ever asked USCIS to fax them a document?

I have done it today and the officer ensured me it would take 30 minutes at most and that they would call me to confirm the reception but it's been 3 hours almost and no fax / no call has been received ..

Wondering if it is a common thing or not.

Well, I never received the fax so I called again today and.. I finally got the bio letter.
The officer sent it to me via e-mail (which surprised me as all the previous officers told me fax was the only option).
Walked-in without issue

Congratulations!
I know you are a F1 student from your previous massages in the forum. I’m in the same situation. I have a question for you. During the interview did they ask you about the financial support?
Yes. Interviewer asked about the I-134