• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 AOS Only

Hi Mom
I’m just wondering I have a scholarship and my sponsor located in Canada (Canadian organization) , so do I need to do I-134? Or just bring evidences of the scholarship?

Dear Mom,
I talked to tier 2 officer yesterday. He told me that my case officer is planning to send some paperwork thru mail. At this moment, he is waiting for the supervisory review and signature. When I asked him if it was RFE, he said no. He didn't say more clearly what it is. He told me to expect that mail within next Tuesday and if I do not receive after that, then I can call them.
1. I am pretty much guessing if it is NOID, what do you think could it be?
2. If it is NOID, what can I do before it is issued?
3. How can I deal with NOID?
4. I didn't apply for EAD and parole. Will I be able to fall back to my F1?
Thanks
Prasin

Dear Mom,
I talked to tier 2 officer yesterday. He told me that my case officer is planning to send some paperwork thru mail. At this moment, he is waiting for the supervisory review and signature. When I asked him if it was RFE, he said no. He didn't say more clearly what it is. He told me to expect that mail within next Tuesday and if I do not receive after that, then I can call them.
1. I am pretty much guessing if it is NOID, what do you think could it be?
2. If it is NOID, what can I do before it is issued?
3. How can I deal with NOID?
4. I didn't apply for EAD and parole. Will I be able to fall back to my F1?
Thanks
Prasin

1,2,3: I certainly can’t hazard a guess as to what your IO might be sending outside of an approval. What makes you think it is a NOID? Is there something about your case/situation known to you (since you haven’t shared it here) that could warrant a NOID?

4. If denied, your current F1 status remains if you haven’t done any other thing to violate it.

Dear Mom,
As far as I remember, our IO asked us for the copy of DV entry which we didnt have because he wanted to check for listing of spouse. I didn't even provide him the copy of ds260 as I didnt remember until I come out of uscis building. This may be the reason I believe he wanted to send NOID. Btw, this is the only guest I can make until now.
Thanks Mom.

Dear Mom,
As far as I remember, our IO asked us for the copy of DV entry which we didnt have because he wanted to check for listing of spouse. I didn't even provide him the copy of ds260 as I didnt remember until I come out of uscis building. This may be the reason I believe he wanted to send NOID. Btw, this is the only guest I can make until now.
Thanks Mom.

You are the one assuming at this point your IO is sending a NOID, you weren’t told that when you called, right?

If the IO isn't convinced you were originally listed on the eDV entry form as claimed, your spouse wouldn’t have been approved. She would actually have been disqualified herself and could be looking at being charged with a fraudulent attempt at helping you obtain an immigration benefit. You will not be the only one facing a denial if the IO wants to issue a denial because you’re unable to present the original eDV entry form.

Dear Mom,
Yes, I wasn't told that by IO at interview. I am just getting nervous with the words that tier2 officer told me.
1. Could it be the approval letter then?
2. Does the approval require the supervisory review and signature?

Dear Mom,
Yes, I wasn't told that by IO at interview. I am just getting nervous with the words that tier2 officer told me.
1. Could it be the approval letter then?
2. Does the approval require the supervisory review and signature?

I already told you I can’t make a guess as to what the 2nd Tier person you spoke with says they’re sending. You’ll just have to be patient and see what shows up in the mail.

Now this helps in putting things in perspective.

Schedule an INFOPASS appointment to follow up in person with your FO (assuming your FO still allows online INFOPASS scheduling). If your FO no longer allows online INFOPASS scheduling, contact your Congress person and request their assistance with following up on your case with your FO.
My FO no longer allows online INFOPASS scheduling. I can't contact with Congress person and request their assistance with following up on my case because i don't know how a can do it((( I do not know where I can find contacts, email or phone number, website. I apologize for my inexperience in this matter. Please help me figure it out!
Thank you!!!

Dear Mom,

I went for my biometrics appointment two days ago. My online status was updated "Fingerprint review was completed". Does this mean that my background check is completed? Secondly, when should I expect to get an interview letter.

Thank you very much for your assistance,

Kind regards,

Dear Mom,

I went for my biometrics appointment two days ago. My online status was updated "Fingerprint review was completed". Does this mean that my background check is completed? Secondly, when should I expect to get an interview letter.

Thank you very much for your assistance,

Kind regards,

1. Not necessarily so.

2. Check the average processing time for your FO by going through the timeline spreadsheets (both current and past years) to get an idea of when you may likely get your IL. Links to the timeline spreadsheets can be found on one of the tabs on the AOS process spreadsheet which is linked to the first post on page one of this thread.

I am in a similar situation, did my biometrics two days ago and my status is "Fingerprint review was completed"
However, USPS's informed delivery updated me this morning with an incoming letter from the NBC.
Is it likely it is an RFE?
If yes, are there usual suspects I can start preparing now instead of waiting until the letter arrives?

I know it might seem a bit impatient but I feel like I have wasted a lot of time already and that I should do everything possible to not waste any more.

Thank you

Last edited:
Just had my interview, waited about 40min from my initial interview time. Pretty easy, just asked questions from i-485. Wasn't approved on the spot, he said he needed to check to see a visa was available and that i'll receive a decision in the mail, didn't indicate either way if I was going to be approved or denied. Is this normal practice?

Dear Mom,

This is my first post here and I have a couple of questions. First, I'm a G4 Visa holder (principal) and my wife (G4 spouse) was selected in the DV lottery We are from South America, she was current in June and we applied on June 2nd. After all the steps necessary we have received the interview confirmation for August 27, 2019 in the Fairfax County, VA field office.

My first question: currently my wife has a EAD which expires in November, therefore, she has received request from my organization to start the process to renew her EAD. Can this process be started while our AOS is in process? Or we need to wait until a decision is made on our AOS application and then do it? She is not working at this time.

Second question: since our interview is very late in August, we have the risk of not having visas available for us, even if everything goes well in the interview. Is there any way to know the approximate numbers of visas left at one point in time or some statistics?

Thank you very much for all the help you and all the members are providing to the community.

H.

I am in a similar situation, did my biometrics two days ago and my status is "Fingerprint review was completed"
However, USPS's informed delivery updated me this morning with an incoming letter from the NBC.
Is it likely it is an RFE?
If yes, are there usual suspects I can start preparing now instead of waiting until the letter arrives?

I know it might seem a bit impatient but I feel like I have wasted a lot of time already and that I should do everything possible to not waste any more.

Thank you

No one here has any means or way of knowing what the USCIS mail coming way your contains. If the USPS informed delivery notification was this morning, then that means the mail is coming in today, right? So wait for the mail to show up!