• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 AOS Only

Hi all, Me and my husband got our Green cards on April 13 th. Our field office (milwaukee) was very fast, and the interview was very friendly and straight forward one. We had F visa before since I'm a chemistry phD student. Officer asked us very friendly general questions like how we studied back in our country, weather of our country, and if we like the weather in milwaukee etc. And then he went through the questions in I 485 (yes no questions). We were very honest in answering all those questions ( i think that's the most important thing in an AOS interview). Since me and my husband did not share any documents together like tax returns, bank accounts, apartment lease agreement (we don't have kids either) , he asked me to include his name to them and send him documents and bank statements. Also, We couldn't bring our medicals to interview ( He almost forgot to ask for our medicals. So I reminded that we need to submit that too. Then he added it to the list of documents that need to be sent, and told us that he'll send us a request letter later). Finally he told us that he is requesting GCs for us, and asked us to send the rest of documents ASAP after his letter. Also he mentioned some important things we need to concern/obey to maintain our Permanent residency.

So, 2 days after our interview, I got an official letter asking for the missing documents. I sent Lease agreement with both our names, letter from bank proving joint account, some utility bills addressed to my husband and our medicals. finally on april 9 th I got an email from USCIS case status stating "document / card production". Then on April 11 th , another email stating that GCs are mailed to me. GCs were delivered on April 13 th to our mailbox. Also approval letters came in the same day in a separate mail.
Hope this will help you all and future DV winners who are reading this.
Good luck to you all.....

Hi Guys,
Can anybody know the difference between my.uscis vs egov.uscis websites?
I was about to sign up to get status updates and ended up registering on my.uscis.

Hi all, Me and my husband got our Green cards on April 13 th. Our field office (milwaukee) was very fast, and the interview was very friendly and straight forward one. We had F visa before since I'm a chemistry phD student. Officer asked us very friendly general questions like how we studied back in our country, weather of our country, and if we like the weather in milwaukee etc. And then he went through the questions in I 485 (yes no questions). We were very honest in answering all those questions ( i think that's the most important thing in an AOS interview). Since me and my husband did not share any documents together like tax returns, bank accounts, apartment lease agreement (we don't have kids either) , he asked me to include his name to them and send him documents and bank statements. Also, We couldn't bring our medicals to interview ( He almost forgot to ask for our medicals. So I reminded that we need to submit that too. Then he added it to the list of documents that need to be sent, and told us that he'll send us a request letter later). Finally he told us that he is requesting GCs for us, and asked us to send the rest of documents ASAP after his letter. Also he mentioned some important things we need to concern/obey to maintain our Permanent residency.

So, 2 days after our interview, I got an official letter asking for the missing documents. I sent Lease agreement with both our names, letter from bank proving joint account, some utility bills addressed to my husband and our medicals. finally on april 9 th I got an email from USCIS case status stating "document / card production". Then on April 11 th , another email stating that GCs are mailed to me. GCs were delivered on April 13 th to our mailbox. Also approval letters came in the same day in a separate mail.
Hope this will help you all and future DV winners who are reading this.
Good luck to you all.....

You attended interview on Apr 13th, got approved on Apr 9th, GC delivered Apr 13th??

Please check the dates in your post for accuracy.

Hi mom, After my withdrawal letter for early filed package, today i received a letter from USCIS. Stating to come to field office on feb 26 th. What do you think about this letter? Any specific questions to ask them ?

You never bothered to update us on the outcome of this by the way. We can all help each other and make this forum much more useful by not only asking questions about issues we’re dealing with, but by providing updates also.

Sorry, I know this question has been asked but im seeing different answers so just wanted correct clarrifcation on who to make the $1225 check out to and what info needs to be written on the check for AOS and Biometrics. Thank you

Sorry, I know this question has been asked but im seeing different answers so just wanted correct clarrifcation on who to make the $1225 check out to and what info needs to be written on the check for AOS and Biometrics. Thank you
The information available on the uscis.gov/fees site should help you.

Hi Guys,
Can anybody know the difference between my.uscis vs egov.uscis websites?
I was about to sign up to get status updates and ended up registering on my.uscis.

Oh yes! Another way/method USCIS uses to confuse everyone :D:D

My USCIS is supposed to provide a more up to date information on a pending petition (more updates). It provides more current updates, I believe. Has a mobile app which users can download. My USCIS keeps track of all the petitions one has filed since registering. It is a new status updates platform.

EGov is the old updates platform in use. It also provides updates which may not be as current as what is available on my USCIS. One can check for status updates with just the receipt number without login into the account - comes in handy for doing a quick check.

There’s no harm in having both accounts if you ask me though.

Just wondering if many people doing AOS file the i-765. I understand its relatively pointless in DV cases as the processing time is the same as getting the actual green card. Is there any point including it for an AOS case and can it have any potential negative effects submitting it with AOS paperwork. I want my case to be as straight forward as possible for my FO to avoid any issues so am debating including it at all if pointless.
Any advice?

Hi Mom and all

I've got a weird question. In my interview notice there is some unusual instructions for the employment letter I am supposed to provide them with. It say: "The letter must state date employment began, salary, marital status, dependents claimed, and whom to notify in case of emergency." This is miles away from the template my university normally gives us. I asked the dean of our department (who usually signs these letters) and he said I could make a draft and he might need to check it with some upper administration to see if he could sign it or not!!!
I am surfing websites to find a template which has all these details in but I haven't found anything so far? Anyone here has any suggestions about writing such a letter?

Oh yes! Another way/method USCIS uses to confuse everyone :D:D

My USCIS is supposed to provide a more up to date information on a pending petition (more updates). It provides more current updates, I believe. Has a mobile app which users can download. My USCIS keeps track of all the petitions one has filed since registering. It is a new status updates platform.

EGov is the old updates platform in use. It also provides updates which may not be as current as what is available on my USCIS. One can check for status updates with just the receipt number without login into the account - comes in handy for doing a quick check.

There’s no harm in having both accounts if you ask me though.
Thank you for your reply.

Actually on myuscis website the status for my i485 and i765 is the same. Something like we have received your petition and reviewing it. You dont have ro do anything for now.

However on egov.uscis i could not register cause of some technical glitch but checked my case numbers. For my i765 it says you file was receved on the 15th etc. Regarding my i485 it says: finger printing fee accepted.

Right now the old site shows more detailed info.
I will check them and keep you posted

Hi Sm1smom,

1. i-485 submitted on Jan.
2. Fingerprints & Bio completed on Feb
3. Moved address and submitted changed of address. It's confirmed by letter.
4. My DV number is current on March

I haven't received a letter for interview.
Anything you can advice that I might not been doing right?

Thanks!.

Hi Sm1smom,

1. i-485 submitted on Jan.
2. Fingerprints & Bio completed on Feb
3. Moved address and submitted changed of address. It's confirmed by letter.
4. My DV number is current on March

I haven't received a letter for interview.
Anything you can advice that I might not been doing right?

Thanks!.

Do your old and new address both fall under the jurisdiction of the same FO? If your not sure which, use the USCIS Field Locator to determine where each of them fall to start with. If they fall under the jurisdiction of different FOs, you’ve just introduced some additional delay to your case processing.

Use the Timeline spreadsheet to get an idea of the processing time for your FO (once you know the FO with jurisdiction over your new address).

Hi Mom and all

I've got a weird question. In my interview notice there is some unusual instructions for the employment letter I am supposed to provide them with. It say: "The letter must state date employment began, salary, marital status, dependents claimed, and whom to notify in case of emergency." This is miles away from the template my university normally gives us. I asked the dean of our department (who usually signs these letters) and he said I could make a draft and he might need to check it with some upper administration to see if he could sign it or not!!!
I am surfing websites to find a template which has all these details in but I haven't found anything so far? Anyone here has any suggestions about writing such a letter?
Man i dont understand why they need employment letter from you. If you are here with F1 visa, then why they are asking you such that letter. I do have assistantship too. But they did not ask me for that letter.

Hi Mom and all

Like I said before, the IL you received is an old generic letter. I don’t know of any organization today who provides employment letter which states marital status or number of dependents an employee has.

Wanting to attached the early filling memo to my packet but just wanted to be sure the one dated for 2013 linked in the spreadsheet is the most recent one that people are submitting or is there a updated one Im missing? Thanks

Hi everyone! After more than 6 months of sending everything, we are still waiting for our IL. As you can imagine, we are beginning to worry that sth strange has happened. This is our timeline:

- October: sent papers. Rejected for incorrect payment amount (had done all in one check), resend it and got the acceptance letter.
- December: bio
- February: received a letter saying that we had incorrectly filled out a 360 form and that it was incompatible with the i-485. The letter said we had to withdraw the 360 to continue with our 485 processes. Did that and received a confirmation of the 360 withdrawal.
- March: received EAD.
From that onwards, nothing. The case still says that "Fingerprint fee was received".

What we have done so far:
- Contact congressman: about a month ago, but still no answer. Called yesterday and said it could take until 30 business days and that we should call by the end of next week if we still haven't heard anything.
- Infopass (April 15): the last thing they saw was the notice of action for the 360, but we had already received a letter of confirmation of the withdrawal (we don't know if this means that they have outdated info or if this means it is still stuck with this?)
- Service request: we did one online for my husband, and a 2tier officer did it for mine. His says that it has been assigned to an officer, mine hasn't.

My questions are:
1) How strange is this? It seems to me it is taking way longer than anyone else in this forum. On the other hand, our office is Baltimore and none of the other two cases in the spreadsheet have gotten the interview yet (they were current later than we were, though). If your FO is also Baltimore, please let me know how your process is (Idk if the spreadsheet is updated)
2) What else should we do? Just wait these two weeks to see if something comes out of Congressman/ service requests? Or should we contact the Ombudsman now? Also, I saw that the other person who mistakenly filled the 360 had the file rejected and had to resubmit it, maybe we should do this? We are really now thinking our case was lost somewhere (probably Nebraska, from where we got the last info) and are starting to freak out!

Thanks!!

Wanting to attached the early filling memo to my packet but just wanted to be sure the one dated for 2013 linked in the spreadsheet is the most recent one that people are submitting or is there a updated one Im missing? Thanks

There’s no updated memo available.

Hi everyone! After more than 6 months of sending everything, we are still waiting for our IL. As you can imagine, we are beginning to worry that sth strange has happened. This is our timeline:

- October: sent papers. Rejected for incorrect payment amount (had done all in one check), resend it and got the acceptance letter.
- December: bio
- February: received a letter saying that we had incorrectly filled out a 360 form and that it was incompatible with the i-485. The letter said we had to withdraw the 360 to continue with our 485 processes. Did that and received a confirmation of the 360 withdrawal.
- March: received EAD.
From that onwards, nothing. The case still says that "Fingerprint fee was received".

What we have done so far:
- Contact congressman: about a month ago, but still no answer. Called yesterday and said it could take until 30 business days and that we should call by the end of next week if we still haven't heard anything.
- Infopass (April 15): the last thing they saw was the notice of action for the 360, but we had already received a letter of confirmation of the withdrawal (we don't know if this means that they have outdated info or if this means it is still stuck with this?)
- Service request: we did one online for my husband, and a 2tier officer did it for mine. His says that it has been assigned to an officer, mine hasn't.

My questions are:
1) How strange is this? It seems to me it is taking way longer than anyone else in this forum. On the other hand, our office is Baltimore and none of the other two cases in the spreadsheet have gotten the interview yet (they were current later than we were, though). If your FO is also Baltimore, please let me know how your process is (Idk if the spreadsheet is updated)
2) What else should we do? Just wait these two weeks to see if something comes out of Congressman/ service requests? Or should we contact the Ombudsman now? Also, I saw that the other person who mistakenly filled the 360 had the file rejected and had to resubmit it, maybe we should do this? We are really now thinking our case was lost somewhere (probably Nebraska, from where we got the last info) and are starting to freak out!

Thanks!!

1. Which country are you chargeable to?

2. You can’t simply re-file your petition since the previous one wasn’t rejected. You’ll need to withdraw the one currently in the system in order to re-file the (which wouldn’t be a smart move IMO).

For what it's worth, it is the one I attached to my package to be received today by USCIS (so I cannot tell you if it works or not).

However, Tommasi and Vladoo are also current in June, and both of their packages have been accepted.