• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 AOS Only

Thanks! This makes perfect sense.
One more question regarding the AOS package... The doc list indicates I-797 form and I have two of them - one original I-797B as my current H1B approval notice from 2017 and another I-797 as approval of my recent I-140 petition. Which one(s) should I include in our AOS package? I believe with EB3-based I-485 pending my status is still H1B so only the first I-797B should be included but wanted to confirm.

Include copies of both - they’re both still current.

Hi everyone!
We are still waiting for our interview appointment to come in. We sent everything October 1st (had a low number) and had the biometrics in December. It seems everyone that was at the same schedule that we already had their interview, but we don't find anyone with our same office (Baltimore). Is this normal? How can we know if there is something wrong or if there is a reason for it taking so much time?
Thanks!

Hi everyone!
We are still waiting for our interview appointment to come in. We sent everything October 1st (had a low number) and had the biometrics in December. It seems everyone that was at the same schedule that we already had their interview, but we don't find anyone with our same office (Baltimore). Is this normal? How can we know if there is something wrong or if there is a reason for it taking so much time?
Thanks!
Have you contributed to the timeline yourself? If you did the biometrics in December, that's when they would have started your background check. The time that elapsed between your background check and IL is still kind of average I'd guess.

Hi everyone!
Thanks!

@sofiamau I also did my biometrics on Dec 4 and waiting on the interview letter. I am close to you, in Virginia. I was current in November, and all the people who were current with me in November got their IL.

Hi everyone!
Thanks!

@sofiamau I also did my biometrics on Dec 4 and waiting on the interview letter. I am close to you, in Virginia. I was current in November, and all the people who were current with me in November got their IL.

1. You guys need to stop come comparing your timeline to those of those who filed around the same time as you did.

2. Comparison should start with past similar cases from your FO in order to get an idea of how long it takes your FO to complete the process.

3. Don’t focus on the current year’s timeline spreadsheet alone, there’s a reason I included previous years’ spreadsheets also. Use them all to get an average processing time.

4. Most important - update the current timeline spreadsheet with your own information as you go through the process. Don’t just be a ‘taker’ or a ‘user’. Contribute also! And don’t say you’re waiting until you complete the process before updating the spreadsheet. Start updating as soon as you start the process - that is how you can all benefit one another!

1. You guys need to stop come comparing your timeline to those of those who filed around the same time as you did.

2. Comparison should start with past similar cases from your FO in order to get an idea of how long it takes your FO to complete the process.

3. Don’t focus on the current year’s timeline spreadsheet alone, there’s a reason I included previous years’ spreadsheets also. Use them all to get an average processing time.

4. Most important - update the current timeline spreadsheet with your own information as you go through the process. Don’t just be a ‘taker’ or a ‘user’. Contribute also! And don’t say you’re waiting until you complete the process before updating the spreadsheet. Start updating as soon as you start the process - that is how you can all benefit one another!
Hi Mom,

I did compare my timeline with AOSers from previous years from my field office. People were waiting from 1 month to 6 month on average. The earlier the person was current the longer he waited. People who were current in May/June waited less than those in Oct/Nov due to the end of fiscal year approaching.

I know I am stressing over(( but can't help it.

Thanks Mom,

Same here, it seems our office's times are all over the place, but we'll keep waiting, and in the meantime we'll update the timeline.

Hi Mom,

I did compare my timeline with AOSers from previous years from my field office. People were waiting from 1 month to 6 month on average. The earlier the person was current the longer he waited. People who were current in May/June waited less than those in Oct/Nov due to the end of fiscal year approaching.

So that’s probably how Baltimore does things. Some offices “batch” DV applicants, could be one of those.

Thanks Mom,

Same here, it seems our office's times are all over the place, but we'll keep waiting, and in the meantime we'll update the timeline.
I updated my timeline since the first day I joined this forum. TImeline has the same name as displayed here "Mila05".

Hello Mom,
i have to ask a question to you.
i applied aos for dv2019 and i’m not sure am i should the fill ds260 form.
i think my number will be current next mounth.
I need an advice.
Thank you for your help

Hello Mom,
i have to ask a question to you.
i applied aos for dv2019 and i’m not sure am i should the fill ds260 form.
i think my number will be current next mounth.
I need an advice.
Thank you for your help

Have you already sent in your AOS package?

yes i did. also they sent me recipe of aos 330$.
But i didn’t fill the ds260 form is that necessary for aos dv2019.
thank you so much Mom..

DS260 form submission is not a must for AOSers - but I usually recommend its submission.

However in your case, submitting the DS260 form now is pointless since you’ve already sent in your AOS package. Just continue the process as is.

Hi Sm1smom,

I'm having difficulty replying to a previous post, so just posting it as a new post.

Considering the fact that you’re in the US on a H-1B which is a dual intent visa, I’m struggling to understand your need to apply for an EAD/AP card? Are you even aware of the consequences associated with either of those? I recommend you go through the AOS process spreadsheet for additional information on using an EAD or AP with a pending AOS petition, in additional to going over the link to the instruction form I provided above.

"Are you even aware of the consequences associated with either of those?" This sound serious and indicate that there is more reason, than what I originally thought, to NOT apply for AP and EAD. I sure am not aware of the consequences. If you don't mind, please can you elaborate on this?

thanks!

Hi Sm1smom,

I'm having difficulty replying to a previous post, so just posting it as a new post.

Considering the fact that you’re in the US on a H-1B which is a dual intent visa, I’m struggling to understand your need to apply for an EAD/AP card? Are you even aware of the consequences associated with either of those? I recommend you go through the AOS process spreadsheet for additional information on using an EAD or AP with a pending AOS petition, in additional to going over the link to the instruction form I provided above.

"Are you even aware of the consequences associated with either of those?" This sound serious and indicate that there is more reason, than what I originally thought, to NOT apply for AP and EAD. I sure am not aware of the consequences. If you don't mind, please can you elaborate on this?

thanks!

Take a look at the AOS process spreadsheet for a more elaborate response. You need to look at the “AOS Pacakage” tab, scroll towards the bottom part of the spreadsheet.

hi mom.

I had my interview today. Apparently, i was stuck at name check, and IO can't approve my case. She said she's trying to expedite the background check.

What else I can do at this point aside from waiting?
I did my Bio on first week of October last year.
It's gonna be a stressful wait for me this point onwards.

hi mom.

I had my interview today. Apparently, i was stuck at name check, and IO can't approve my case. She said she's trying to expedite the background check.

What else I can do at this point aside from waiting?
I did my Bio on first week of October last year.
It's gonna be a stressful wait for me this point onwards.
What country are you from?