• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 AOS Only

Hi Mom and friends, quick question,

Is the Confirmation No. that I received after completing my DS-260, my Alien Registration Number?

I keep seeing Alien Registration Number (if any) referenced on the necessary AOS forms but I also cannot see it on my E-3 visa (which from research on the internet, says it should be on there if I have one).

My Confirmation No. from my DS-260 begins with AA and is 10 figures long including the AA, and includes both letters and numbers after the first A.

Any clarification on this would be a big help.

Thanks! :)

Hope they will approve you soon @damo1089
The number they called from, is it their 800 phone number or local field office?
They called from the field office but it was a masked number, like an area code from somewhere unknown and a bunch of zeroes. Highly doubt calling it back would be their number.

Tomorrow Chicago is going to be colder than Pluto and it was also the day that our interview was scheduled. I was living in hope that we would be able to still go in and that they wouldn't close the office.

Of course, get a call from a weird number and it was a guy from the Chicago FO ringing to reschedule us for March 19th. We absolutely need to be overseas March 30th so that was cutting it so fine, I pleaded with the guy, told him our predicament and our plans and asked him for absolutely anything earlier.

He called me back about a minute later and told us to come in today! So we frantically printed out and copied our documents and hopped an Uber to the USCIS office, checked in, and the lady who interviewed us called us in not even 2 minutes later. The place was pretty full too.

The interview was rather uneventful and just like the other accounts. Verifying i-485, asking some of the yes - no questions, about our marriage to make sure we were legit etc.

She said that our interview is done but someone else has the final say or something? Like she had the authority to interview us but not to approve us. She said that we will either get a welcome letter or an RFE soon. Most other interview accounts seem to have indicated that the person interviewing them also had the final say.

She had everything we had sent in all in a nice file with our numbers on them. Said it was exciting because she had never done a DV case before. Even on the way out she said to another guy "I just did our DV couple" and he got excited too. Like they hardly ever see DV people.

Now waiting for the result of the interview :)

Glad to know they were able to reschedule you right away.

Your IO informing you of the need for someone else (a more experienced person or her supervisor) to do a final review (basically to give the ok to her approval recommendation) makes sense since she’s not handled a DV case before.

Fingers crossed you’ll get update notifications soon.

Hi Mom and friends, quick question,

Is the Confirmation No. that I received after completing my DS-260, my Alien Registration Number?

I keep seeing Alien Registration Number (if any) referenced on the necessary AOS forms but I also cannot see it on my E-3 visa (which from research on the internet, says it should be on there if I have one).

My Confirmation No. from my DS-260 begins with AA and is 10 figures long including the AA, and includes both letters and numbers after the first A.

Any clarification on this would be a big help.

Thanks! :)

No, DS260 confirmation number is not your A#. You currently do not have an A# since you have never applied for immigration benefits from USCIS in the past.

Hi, Mom,

Thank you for your helpful forum. I have a question. I am Iranian and I have been living here in the U.S since August 2014 doing my PhD. Recently, I have heard a lot of rumors about necessity of submitting the form I-601 for waiver. In Persian forums they say that it is a requirements for selectees who are citizens of the Muslim countries listed in that "travel ban executive order". I downloaded the form but it looked completely irrelevant to our story! I did not figure out how it should have been filled out properly because it was mainly about criminals! I just wanted to ask if this is true and if it is how it should be filled out?!

Thank you again for your help

Hi, Mom,

Thank you for your helpful forum. I have a question. I am Iranian and I have been living here in the U.S since August 2014 doing my PhD. Recently, I have heard a lot of rumors about necessity of submitting the form I-601 for waiver. In Persian forums they say that it is a requirements for selectees who are citizens of the Muslim countries listed in that "travel ban executive order". I downloaded the form but it looked completely irrelevant to our story! I did not figure out how it should have been filled out properly because it was mainly about criminals! I just wanted to ask if this is true and if it is how it should be filled out?!

Iranian that are living in USA do not need a waiver.
And those outside of USA need a waiver but there is not a form for it.
I601 is not releavent to travel ban and people living is USA are not affected by travel ban.

Iranian that are living in USA do not need a waiver.
And those outside of USA need a waiver but there is not a form for it.
I601 is not releavent to travel ban and people living is USA are not affected by travel ban.
Thank you soooooooo much. I deeply appreciate your prompt response. Has any Iranians inside the USA ever got his/her GC so far?

Thank you soooooooo much. I deeply appreciate your prompt response. Has any Iranians inside the USA ever got his/her GC so far?
Yes. Some people have got it last year. Apparently, they had longer background checks. Between 4-6 months. But they have got their green card. I am in the same boat as you are.

Hi, Mom,

An I-601 is not an applicable waiver form for overcoming the EO travel ban. If you’re processing AOS, you don’t need a waiver even if your country is one of those under the travel ban. The EO travel ban is intended restrict admission into the US, anyone processing AOS is already in the US.

Yes there are Iranians that have successfully processed their DV selection via AOS since the travel ban came into effect. However be aware, Iranians in particular are subject to longer processing time of upto 6 months because of difficulties involved with document verification.

Yes there are Iranians that have successfully processed their DV selection via AOS since the travel ban came into effect. However be aware, Iranians in particular are subject to longer processing time of upto 6 months because of difficulties involved with document verification.
Yes. That's the problem. Because my case number is 67xx and I think it will be current in June. I doubt my back ground check becomes clear in less than 2 months!!!!

Yes. That's the problem. Because my case number is 67xx and I think it will be current in June. I doubt my back ground check becomes clear in less than 2 months!!!!

Assuming your CN becomes current in June and you send in AOS package in June, that actually gives you 3 months processing time, NOT “less than 2 months” Plus you could take advantage of early filing too, meaning you could file as early as April if your CN is scheduled to become current in June.

You only other option of course is to not even bother to send in your AOS package. Worth giving it a shot IMO, but of course - your case, your money, your decision!

Dear Mom,

With copies of academic/educational degrees, diplomas and certificates, should I submit copies of the certificates/degrees themselves as well as the detailed transcripts (showing grades/scores, classes taken, etc.)? Obviously will take them along to the interview but should I also include them in the AOS Package or is it unnecessary extra information?

Thank you. :)

Dear Mom,

With copies of academic/educational degrees, diplomas and certificates, should I submit copies of the certificates/degrees themselves as well as the detailed transcripts (showing grades/scores, classes taken, etc.)? Obviously will take them along to the interview but should I also include them in the AOS Package or is it unnecessary extra information?

Thank you. :)

Not quite necessary with the AOS package.

Hello all,

Is there any difference between mailing medical exam report and AOS package together OR mail AOS package firstly then submite medical exam during interview time?

Yes. Some people have got it last year. Apparently, they had longer background checks. Between 4-6 months. But they have got their green card. I am in the same boat as you are.
Please have a space for me in this boat too. Just because i have the same situation.

Hello all,

Is there any difference between mailing medical exam report and AOS package together OR mail AOS package firstly then submite medical exam during interview time?

Yes, there is. Including the medical report with the AOS package eliminates the possibility of getting a RFI and potentially delaying the interview getting scheduled if the FO decides they need to have everything ahead of time prior to sending out the IL. If you want to live in the world of uncertainty and wondering each day if the USCIS mail that will show up in your mailbox will be a RFI or an IL, you can send your AOS package without the medical report, the package will be accepted and processed by the Chicago Lockbox of course.

Also, not including the medical report eliminates the possibility of getting approved without an interview for those fortunate to fall under the jurisdiction of a few FOs/IOs who are willing to approve (a petition that meets all the applicable requirements without an interview).