• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 AOS Only

Hey so I've tried multiple times to get my tax transcript from the IRS's website and it's saying my information is invalid every time and that I have to wait 24 hours. I've tried for a few days and it's not working is it possible there's no information in the system for me seeing that I've only ever had to file twice (excluding this year) and one year I didn't work since I'm an international student. I entered everything as I filed it so I'm not sure what's wrong. Would the documents I file be sufficient or is it imperative that I get these the tax transcript to include in my package.

Also, I've been reading the previous comments about the 90 day rule. I went home for the Christmas and came back in the new year should I wait two more months to send my package? It's the first time I heard of that rule. I didn't have a problem coming back on my F1 two times since I found out I won (my number was current from last November).

1. If the IRS online system is unable to verify your identity, they’re are other options for requesting the IRS tax transcripts -

Q4. What if I can’t verify my identity and use Get Transcript Online?​
Refer to Transcript Types and Ways to Order Them for alternatives to Get Transcript Online. You may use Get Transcript by Mail or you may call our automated phone transcript service at 800-908-9946 to order a tax return or tax account transcript be sent by mail. Please allow 5 to 10 calendar days from the time we receive your request for your transcript to arrive. The time frame for delivery is the same for all available tax years.​
2. The 90 day rule has nothing to do with having or not having an issue being admitted back following a trip outside the US. It is to guard against your AOS petition being denied on the basis of entering the US with a preconceived immigrant intent of processing AOS. You would have been informed about the potential impact of your trip if you had disclosed it here. You previously mentioned you were delaying your AOS package submission because you needed one more semester to benefit from your scholarship, you didn’t say anything about traveling. Now that you know what could happen, you decide if you want to go ahead and submit the package now, or wait the additional two months to give your case a better chance.

Hey so I've tried multiple times to get my tax transcript from the IRS's website and it's saying my information is invalid every time and that I have to wait 24 hours. I've tried for a few days and it's not working is it possible there's no information in the system for me seeing that I've only ever had to file twice (excluding this year) and one year I didn't work since I'm an international student. I entered everything as I filed it so I'm not sure what's wrong. Would the documents I file be sufficient or is it imperative that I get these the tax transcript to include in my package.

Also, I've been reading the previous comments about the 90 day rule. I went home for the Christmas and came back in the new year should I wait two more months to send my package? It's the first time I heard of that rule. I didn't have a problem coming back on my F1 two times since I found out I won (my number was current from last November).
Due to the Government shutdown situation. IRS is one of the federal department that has been affected by this shutdown. It could be some delay on some activities.

I didn't know traveling would have have any affect on my case because I go back and forth for holidays without an issue so I didn't think to mention it in my earlier questions. I'll have to consider when to submit my package though. I think that waiting til April may not be a great idea with all the other numbers becoming current. Do you think it would be a risk worth taking considering any other past experiences from other winners? If there's still the possibility that I can do it a bit earlier than April I may take that route instead.

I didn't know traveling would have have any affect on my case because I go back and forth for holidays without an issue so I didn't think to mention it in my earlier questions. I'll have to consider when to submit my package though. I think that waiting til April may not be a great idea with all the other numbers becoming current. Do you think it would be a risk worth taking considering any other past experiences from other winners? If there's still the possibility that I can do it a bit earlier than April I may take that route instead.

Like the saying goes, ignorance of the law is not an excuse. You obviously weren’t planning to change or adjust status all the previous times you traveled in and out of the US. So you really shouldn’t have taken that for granted IMO.

Anyway, I can’t tell you if disregarding the 90 day wait period is a risk worth taking or not; your case, your decision on what to do based on the information you’ve been provided with up to date.

I can however tell you there are selectees who filed in July and August (with CNs current in August/ September) who successfully completed the process by COB Sept. 30th, and there have been selectees who filed at the start of the FY but did not complete the process because they were stuck in background check.

The current I-485 Appears to expire by 6/30/19. Does this mean it should be used by people current on june and below only??

Attachments

• i 485.PNG
    i 485.PNG
    34 KB · Views: 6
Hi mom:

I get the approval notice today, but the content is not like the welcome letter. It says as below ltalic word...
I took the biometrics on December 4th, 2018, and just interview last week. Should I wait for the further notice or reserve an infopass to see the issue? Thank you!

The above application has been approved. Prior to receiving your permanent resident card you may be required to report for biometrics processing (photo/fingerprint/signature). Please do not take any action at this time. If you are required to report for this processing, you will receive another notice advising you of the date, time and location to appear.

If you have not received your permanent resident card or the above mentioned notice to appear for biometrics processing within 90 days, please call this office at the number listed below.

Hi mom:

I get the approval notice today, but the content is not like the welcome letter. It says as below ltalic word...
I took the biometrics on December 4th, 2018, and just interview last week. Should I wait for the further notice or reserve an infopass to see the issue? Thank you!

The above application has been approved. Prior to receiving your permanent resident card you may be required to report for biometrics processing (photo/fingerprint/signature). Please do not take any action at this time. If you are required to report for this processing, you will receive another notice advising you of the date, time and location to appear.

If you have not received your permanent resident card or the above mentioned notice to appear for biometrics processing within 90 days, please call this office at the number listed below.

It says your petition has been approved, so wait for the GC to show up. Doesn’t matter if the update you got is not like a “regular welcome letter”

Like the saying goes, ignorance of the law is not an excuse.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the 90 day rule is not a 'law' but a guideline in place to assist with establishing whether someone had immigrant intent upon entry. You can still get pinged for having immigrant outside of the 90 days if they have a justification of it, but within the 90 days they are allowed to assume you had intent and factor it into the decisions.

The law says that you can't enter with immigrant intent, so isn't technically everyone who has been selected, travelled at some point and returned acting fraudulently, whether they have waited the 90 days or not?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the 90 day rule is not a 'law' but a guideline in place to assist with establishing whether someone had immigrant intent upon entry. You can still get pinged for having immigrant outside of the 90 days if they have a justification of it, but within the 90 days they are allowed to assume you had intent and factor it into the decisions.

The law says that you can't enter with immigrant intent, so isn't technically everyone who has been selected, travelled at some point and returned acting fraudulently, whether they have waited the 90 days or not?

My post never said the 90 day rule was a “law”, please read my post in context of what was being discussed. I made that statement because the OP said they weren’t aware of the rule put in place for guiding the IOs when making a determination as to if someone entered the US on a NIV with the mind of processing AOS. Simply put, not being aware of this does not prevent the IO from making the determination when reviewing OP’s petition.

Waiting 90 days is intended to protect aliens who originally entered the US with no preconceived immigrant intent of processing AOS (which is different from simply having an immigrant intent by the way) whatsoever but experienced a change in circumstance which makes them eligible to process AOS.

Yes you may interpret DV selectees who decide to take advantage of the 90 day wait prior to filing AOS as acting fraudulently, that may not necessarily be the case. The ruling allows for that since the IO cannot automatically assume a preconceived AOS immigrant intent based on when they entered the country.

Technically, for that subset on non-dual intent visas who have submitted DS260s (not just been selected), yes, but the presumption or otherwise of immigrant intent revolves around the 90-day guideline. Remember there are also people who live in the US who decide to do CP rather than AOS, and those people are totally fine, because their proper “immigrant intent” entry is made with an immigrant visa. And it’s not a problem for people on H or L visas.

Hi Mom,

I have done a silly mistake when i submitted m DS260, i filled all my previous U.S entries and exits, but i didn't not include the last entry when i came in and i applied for asylum. The reason i didn't include that because the online form does not have option for something like "still here" or "Present" .
However, now that i am reviewing prevoius posts i found that i should have actually included my last entry (present entry) and just include today's day ( or the day i submit the form)!
I have done the same thing for my spouse's form as well!

Do you think i should unlock my DS260 and correct that or do you think this is trivial ?

Thanks

Hi Mom,

I have done a silly mistake when i submitted m DS260, i filled all my previous U.S entries and exits, but i didn't not include the last entry when i came in and i applied for asylum. The reason i didn't include that because the online form does not have option for something like "still here" or "Present" .
However, now that i am reviewing prevoius posts i found that i should have actually included my last entry (present entry) and just include today's day ( or the day i submit the form)!
I have done the same thing for my spouse's form as well!

Do you think i should unlock my DS260 and correct that or do you think this is trivial ?

Thanks

It’s not a major mistake as such. You will be providing accurate information on your I-485, so I wouldn’t bother with updating the DS260 form. However, if this is bothering you, you can go ahead and update it though.

Hi Mom
Really appreciate this forum! My case number OC4** become current in March. And currently on E3 Visa. I submitted DS-260, paid DV Fee and received receipt and 2NL last September and I'm currently preparing AOS Package for submission in March. The problem is I just realized I submitted DS-260 a week after returning to the US (holiday last August) accepting DV lottery process. I have been reading recent posts here and despite my AOS being lodged post 90days (this March), my DS-260 was under (!) ....Not sure whether to stay the course with AOS or consider CP?
Appreciate any advice!

Hi Mom
Really appreciate this forum! My case number OC4** become current in March. And currently on E3 Visa. I submitted DS-260, paid DV Fee and received receipt and 2NL last September and I'm currently preparing AOS Package for submission in March. The problem is I just realized I submitted DS-260 a week after returning to the US (holiday last August) accepting DV lottery process. I have been reading recent posts here and despite my AOS being lodged post 90days (this March), my DS-260 was under (!) ....Not sure whether to stay the course with AOS or consider CP?
Appreciate any advice!

You can stay the course, you should be okay.

Hi Mom. Please answer me one question. Do I need to put a copy of my national passport in the package of documents?
Thank you!

Hi Mom. Please answer me one question. Do I need to put a copy of my national passport in the package of documents?
Thank you!

Yes, petitioners are expected to include photocopies of the biographic and visa stamp(s) pages of their passports in the AOS package.

It’s not a major mistake as such. You will be providing accurate information on your I-485, so I wouldn’t bother with updating the DS260 form. However, if this is bothering you, you can go ahead and update it though.

Thanks, Mom!
Does unlocking the DS260 delay the 2NL?