• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 AOS Only

Sm1smom

Super Moderator
Congratulations on your selection for DV 2019. This Thread is intended for selectees currently based in the US who wish to proceed with their selection by processing AOS (Adjustment of Status).

The AOS process may initially seem complicated and confusing; and you probably have a gazillion questions to ask. But before you start doing so, please take some time to go through the AOS Process Spreadsheet (link below). It has a step by step guide on DV based AOS process. If you have follow up questions AFTER going through the spreadsheet, then feel free to post them on this Thread.

DISCLAIMER:
The spreadsheet is a GUIDE based on collections of experience - it is not USCIS sanctioned (but definitely more detailed than any information you can get directly from USCIS - either in person or on the phone). You're still personally responsible for your own case at the end of the day.

Good luck!

goo.gl/0va2DU

Hi, I was selected with a week left on my current NIV. From my understanding, AOS is not possible since my number (EU25xxx) would have to be called before I can file for AOS, correct?

Hi, I was selected with a week left on my current NIV. From my understanding, AOS is not possible since my number (EU25xxx) would have to be called before I can file for AOS, correct?

That is correct. You’ll need to go with CP in this case.

Hi everybody!

I am in EU25xxx, I believe it would be clear if my number is making it around this time next year, do I need to make ANY steps for AOS before that?

Thanks in advance!!

Hi everybody!

I am in EU25xxx, I believe it would be clear if my number is making it around this time next year, do I need to make ANY steps for AOS before that?

Thanks in advance!!

Read the AOS process spreadsheet.

Dear mom,
In DS-260 form, it has a part about travel documentation information. My passport was expired and I didn't renew it because I'm in US now and I can't go out because of my status (pending dependent Asylum). What should I do about this part?! Is it ok to put my expired passport information?

Thank you in advance,

Sorry mom, I have some other question regarding filling out DS-260:
1-What is my Alien number in DS-260? (I have EAD card. Can I put that number?)
2-Travel history to US: It doesn't have an option to choose I'm living in US now. I should put the date I enter in US and how long did I stay?! on other hand, I had multiple F1 visa and two times from 2013 to 2015 I went to my country to visit my family. Should I put all the dates I went there and come back in US?!

Thanks

Dear mom,
In DS-260 form, it has a part about travel documentation information. My passport was expired and I didn't renew it because I'm in US now and I can't go out because of my status (pending dependent Asylum). What should I do about this part?! Is it ok to put my expired passport information?

Thank you in advance,

You can try the expired passport info, although I doubt the system will let you proceed with a past date in the expiration field. Should that happen, your choice will be to select other travel documents - I don’t think that requires dates.

Sorry mom, I have some other question regarding filling out DS-260:
1-What is my Alien number in DS-260? (I have EAD card. Can I put that number?)
2-Travel history to US: It doesn't have an option to choose I'm living in US now. I should put the date I enter in US and how long did I stay?! on other hand, I had multiple F1 visa and two times from 2013 to 2015 I went to my country to visit my family. Should I put all the dates I went there and come back in US?!

Thanks

1. Yes
2. All the dates

I have been selected for DV Lottery.

The thing is that I am living in the USA on F2 visa and I found that we can file green card from here by filing form I-485.

Two months back I found an agency who is willing to file green card for me through employment (EB3). They already filed my I-140, I-765 and they also claim that they filed my I-485.

Will there be any problem if I file I-485 from employment and through DV at the same time?

Since Green card through employment is a little bit hard and I also think that its little bit lengthy process, I want to process my green card through DV.

I have done some research on the internet, but could not find much help with my situation.

So what do I do now? Do I continue my green card process through employment? Do I use this DV 2019 to speed up the green card?

I am sorry for all these questions, but I have no idea what to do!

Thank you so much

I have been selected for DV Lottery.

The thing is that I am living in the USA on F2 visa and I found that we can file green card from here by filing form I-485.

Two months back I found an agency who is willing to file green card for me through employment (EB3). They already filed my I-140, I-765 and they also claim that they filed my I-485.

Will there be any problem if I file I-485 from employment and through DV at the same time?

Since Green card through employment is a little bit hard and I also think that its little bit lengthy process, I want to process my green card through DV.

I have done some research on the internet, but could not find much help with my situation.

So what do I do now? Do I continue my green card process through employment? Do I use this DV 2019 to speed up the green card?

I am sorry for all these questions, but I have no idea what to do!

Thank you so much

1. No problem with having more than one AOS petitions in the system.

2. Continue with both.

p.s.
Number your questions to maker answering them easier.

You can try the expired passport info, although I doubt the system will let you proceed with a past date in the expiration field. Should that happen, your choice will be to select other travel documents - I don’t think that requires dates.

Thanks

Hi,

I’m new here. I see there is a lot of helpful information in this forum. Thank you very much!

I hit the lottery and I’m starting to read all required information for the process. My number is EU15xxx and I’m currently in the US with an E2 visa.

First question I have is that I’ married, and I live with my husband who is an E-2 Derivative Visa holder (spouse of a E-2). I included him in my entry. But, since in the letter I can only see the Principal Applicant’s name, how can I make sure that he is also included properly in my application?

Hi,

I’m new here. I see there is a lot of helpful information in this forum. Thank you very much!

I hit the lottery and I’m starting to read all required information for the process. My number is EU15xxx and I’m currently in the US with an E2 visa.

First question I have is that I’ married, and I live with my husband who is an E-2 Derivative Visa holder (spouse of a E-2). I included him in my entry. But, since in the letter I can only see the Principal Applicant’s name, how can I make sure that he is also included properly in my application?

One simple way would be to log in to your DS260. He should be listed.