• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 AOS Only

Sorry I don’t know the technicalities of how you should have been paid as an E3 status holder.
Thanks for following up. As far as I'm aware (after some research), I am technically only supposed to be paid with a W-2. Realizing that, I'm worried it will be interpreted as a violation of my status. Have you seen anyone with similar issues like that in the past?

Hello. I just discovered this forum after being selected with a case number less than 10, and a first time entrant, so I'm feeling pretty lucky.

Now I'm wondering if my luck has run out.

I'm in the USA on an E3, an NIV, and am planning a holiday next week, plus I am a pilot so my job requires me to leave and reenter fairly often.

I have filed the DS260 only a few days ago, but don't want to get denied reentry. If it is the case I'd prefer just to give up, call the KCC and cancel the DS240.

Has anyone heard of someone getting denied reentry in a non immigrant visa?

Thanks for your help.

Hello. I just discovered this forum after being selected with a case number less than 10, and a first time entrant, so I'm feeling pretty lucky.

I'm in the USA on an E3, an NIV, and am planning a holiday next week, plus I am a pilot so my job requires me to leave and reenter fairly often.

I have filed the DS260 only a few days ago, but don't want to get denied reentry. If it is the case I'd prefer just to give up, call the KCC and cancel the DS240.

Thanks for your help.
Unlikely you’d be denied on an existing visa.
And you can’t “cancel” a ds260. You don’t have to follow up on it, but once it’s submitted it’s there permanently.

Thanks for following up. As far as I'm aware (after some research), I am technically only supposed to be paid with a W-2. Realizing that, I'm worried it will be interpreted as a violation of my status. Have you seen anyone with similar issues like that in the past?

Like I previously responded, I don’t know the technicalities of how you should be paid. If I had come across anyone with a similar issue like this in the past, then I would have had an idea, and shared it with you, right?

Anyway, if you think you’ve violated your E-3 status, then your only option will be to process CP, since you’re no longer eligible to process AOS. You can also do a one time consultation with a couple of reputable immigration lawyers and get their opinions on your situation.

Thanks for your help.

CBP can deny entry to anyone, it is never guaranteed even to a LPR, talkless of a person with a NIV. Only a USC is guaranteed entry or re-admission into the US.

You cannot “undemonstrate” an already demonstrated immigrant intent. KCC cannot cancel your already submitted DS260 form.

Having said that, I think the worst that can happen is for you to be subjected to a secondary inspection, if you can demonstrate you’ve been legally residing in the US, and yes you’ve demonstrated an immigrant intent, they will eventually re-admit you.

Thanks for the replies.

I think if there was even a slight preponderance of individuals that got denied entry because they submitted a DS 260, there would be at least a few people who have written about it online. I have scoured the internet high and low and can't find any instance of anyone, on any visa, with a first hand account of being denied by the officer, for no other purpose than submitting a DS260.

If even the turbo moderators also haven't heard of a story like that then I think I'll be fine. I just am easily worry-able.

I have literally just found this forum today. Thanks for all your hard work in replying to almost everyone who asks. Drinks are on me anytime. Your info will no doubt help me to navigate this minefield of an application process a bit more smoothly.

Hi,
We are Japanese married couple and won the lottery.

Medi-Cal is free or low-cost health coverage for children and adults with limited income and resources.

We are thinking to have a baby but if I use Medi-Cal , would it be difficult get Greebcard?? since it shows we don't have much money.

Please advise.
Thank-you

Like I previously responded, I don’t know the technicalities of how you should be paid. If I had come across anyone with a similar issue like this in the past, then I would have had an idea, and shared it with you, right?

Anyway, if you think you’ve violated your E-3 status, then your only option will be to process CP, since you’re no longer eligible to process AOS. You can also do a one time consultation with a couple of reputable immigration lawyers and get their opinions on your situation.

Ok thanks @Sm1smom. Sorry, I thought with some clarification you might have recalled a similar case, but no worries at all. Really appreciate the response. I'm going to explore the CP route. In regards to lawyers, is there a list of reputable lawyers on the site here? Any recommendations?

Hi,
We are Japanese married couple and won the lottery.

Medi-Cal is free or low-cost health coverage for children and adults with limited income and resources.

We are thinking to have a baby but if I use Medi-Cal , would it be difficult get Greebcard?? since it shows we don't have much money.

Please advise.
Thank-you

It shouldn’t, considering the fact that Medi-Cal is a State issued and not a Federal benefit. However, I encourage you to go through the following link to (and the actual memo in that post) so you’re aware of what the new/proposed plan is regarding what constitutes a public charge:

https://forums.immigration.com/threads/new-definition-of-public-charge-proposed.337353/

Ok thanks @Sm1smom. Sorry, I thought with some clarification you might have recalled a similar case, but no worries at all. Really appreciate the response. I'm going to explore the CP route. In regards to lawyers, is there a list of reputable lawyers on the site here? Any recommendations?

This forum is hosted by a highly reputable immigration lawyer, you may want to reach out to him to get further clarification on your current status. Bear in mind, he doesn’t handle specific DV cases, he actually refers those asking about DV process to this forum. But he can answer questions related to your specific current status and it’s impact (on none) on AOS process in general.

This forum is hosted by a highly reputable immigration lawyer, you may want to reach out to him to get further clarification on your current status. Bear in mind, he doesn’t handle specific DV cases, he actually refers those asking about DV process to this forum. But he can answer questions related to your specific current status and it’s impact (on none) on AOS process in general.

Thank you!

Hi mom,

I have a question regarding this question in Ds 260 “Have you ever been refused a U.S. Visa, been refused admission to the U.S., or withdrawn your application for admission at the port of entry”. My husband’s application for tourism visa for the first time was not granted in Dubai in 2012. He reapplied for visa in 2014 and he got visa and he is in U.S. now. Should we answer “yes” or “no” to this question.

Thanks in advance,

Hi mom,

I have a question regarding this question in Ds 260 “Have you ever been refused a U.S. Visa, been refused admission to the U.S., or withdrawn your application for admission at the port of entry”. My husband’s application for tourism visa for the first time was not granted in Dubai in 2012. He reapplied for visa in 2014 and he got visa and he is in U.S. now. Should we answer “yes” or “no” to this question.

Thanks in advance,

He has to answer “yes” to that question since he was once refused.

Thank-you!!

Will they (interviewer) even know that if we use Medical??

Thank-you.

It shouldn’t, considering the fact that Medi-Cal is a State issued and not a Federal benefit. However, I encourage you to go through the following link to (and the actual memo in that post) so you’re aware of what the new/proposed plan is regarding what constitutes a public charge:

Thank-you!!

Will they (interviewer) even know that if we use Medical??

Thank-you.

It’s not a matter of “will they even know ...”. You are required to TRUTHFULLY answer all the questions asked during the immigration process. And THIS IS one of such questions you will be responding to the form I-485 you will be submitting for AOS.

I’m not quite sure what this question is driving at, but I f you think they have no way of knowing a none immigrant has utilized benefit they’re not eligible to receive unless you disclose that information, you can withhold it and see what happens for withholding of pertinent information in order to obtain an immigration benefit.

Hi,
I am spouse of E2 and selected DV lottery CN#2019 AS000015XX.. Im preparing DS260 and AOS.
1. Can I file I765 together with AOS even I have valid EAD (valid until Aug 2019)?
2. Which should I check "permission to accept employment" or "
Renewal of my permission...."?
3. I need to type USCIS# on my valid EAD to A-number on the files I765, I485, I131, I693 and I508??

Hi,
I am spouse of E2 and selected DV lottery CN#2019 AS000015XX.. Im preparing DS260 and AOS.
1. Can I file I765 together with AOS even I have valid EAD (valid until Aug 2019)?
2. Which should I check "permission to accept employment" or "
Renewal of my permission...."?
3. I need to type USCIS# on my valid EAD to A-number on the files I765, I485, I131, I693 and I508??

1. Yes.
2. Permission to accept employment.
Yes.

Hi Mom,

I have been selected for DV 2019 and my number is 2019EU6xxx.

Could you please help with the following questions:
0. Based on the CN number and previous VBs I assume my visa will become current somewhere in November - December, right?
1. When I submitted DV entry I mentioned my patronymic name as middle name, however it is absent in passport. In DS-260 it clearly states that my LN and FN name should match what is written in passport. So I removed my patronymic name from DS-260 FN. Won't that introduce any confusion, i.e. how KCC or USCIS will react on that change. Also in my birth certificate and diploma translations I have different translations for my patronymic name. Should I mention them in DS-260 in "Other names used" and in I-485? The same question refers to my wife and daughter. Should I ask KCC to unlock DS-260 forms or it's not of great importance?
2. I was reading AOS 2016 threads and noticed that there was a delay for receiving 2NLs after DS-260 submission. Has anything changed since then, or DV 2019 selectees should still expect to start receiving their 2NLs in October?
3. At what email address 2NL will be sent? Is it email address I mentioned in principal applicant's DS-260 form or is it email from DV 2019 entry form. Cause if it is DV entry form, I do not remember if I correctly spelled my email there. Is there a way to tell KCC to which email address to send 2NL?
4. In DS-260 there is a question about all educations higher then secondary level or above. I think secondary level refers to high school education. In our country high school has only 2 grades - from 10 to 11 classes. So in DS-260 I enter only 2 years of education for which we are issued the certificate. However in "Qualification Criteria" on USCIS site it is mentioned that you have to pass 12 classes in U.S. or its equivalent in other country. Should I then correct DS-260 and mention 11 years of study instead of 2 years? Besides that I got diploma for completing 5-years study in university, which I also mentioned in form.

Thank you for all your efforts. Your answers are worth millions of dollars we would spend on lawyers :). Your AOS spreadsheet is really great and helps to better understand GC process.

Hi Mom,

I have been selected for DV 2019 and my number is 2019EU6xxx.

Could you please help with the following questions:
0. Based on the CN number and previous VBs I assume my visa will become current somewhere in November - December, right?
1. When I submitted DV entry I mentioned my patronymic name as middle name, however it is absent in passport. In DS-260 it clearly states that my LN and FN name should match what is written in passport. So I removed my patronymic name from DS-260 FN. Won't that introduce any confusion, i.e. how KCC or USCIS will react on that change. Also in my birth certificate and diploma translations I have different translations for my patronymic name. Should I mention them in DS-260 in "Other names used" and in I-485? The same question refers to my wife and daughter. Should I ask KCC to unlock DS-260 forms or it's not of great importance?
2. I was reading AOS 2016 threads and noticed that there was a delay for receiving 2NLs after DS-260 submission. Has anything changed since then, or DV 2019 selectees should still expect to start receiving their 2NLs in October?
3. At what email address 2NL will be sent? Is it email address I mentioned in principal applicant's DS-260 form or is it email from DV 2019 entry form. Cause if it is DV entry form, I do not remember if I correctly spelled my email there. Is there a way to tell KCC to which email address to send 2NL?
4. In DS-260 there is a question about all educations higher then secondary level or above. I think secondary level refers to high school education. In our country high school has only 2 grades - from 10 to 11 classes. So in DS-260 I enter only 2 years of education for which we are issued the certificate. However in "Qualification Criteria" on USCIS site it is mentioned that you have to pass 12 classes in U.S. or its equivalent in other country. Should I then correct DS-260 and mention 11 years of study instead of 2 years? Besides that I got diploma for completing 5-years study in university, which I also mentioned in form.

Thank you for all your efforts. Your answers are worth millions of dollars we would spend on lawyers :). Your AOS spreadsheet is really great and helps to better understand GC process.

1. List the patronymic name as middle name if you want it listed on your GC. Otherwise list under other names section. You can update the DS 260 accordingly. List the different patronymic spellings under other name section also.

2. KCC has no reason to delay AOS 2NL till October, and I’m sure there were some 2016 AOSers who got the 2NL before October 2016. It all depends on their workload and how soon the DS260 forms are submitted and reviewed.

3. Email address on the DS260 form.

4. Enter school years from age 11/12 for the high school years. So update your form.