• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 AOS Only

As I've posted previously, my CN was current in January and I have not yet received an Interview Letter.

I called up USCIS and they said that my i-485 was still within "Normal processing time" and that it could take up to 18-months. I tried to explain that the diversity visa program was different and was processed faster. She didn't seem to know what I was talking about. I'm worried that my application has been accidentally placed in the regular green card processing rather than diversity visa (my application was correct and stated my category accurately).

The person I spoke to at USCIS said one of her superiors will contact me in the next 72 hours to help get me an infopass appointment at the Los Angeles office.

Has this ever happened to anyone before? Or am I missing something and there's nothing to worry about?

Hey just wanted to see if anyone had any advice on this?

Do the translated documents have certified statements attached to them attesting to the fluency of the translator in both English and the language the document were translated from? That is the requirement regarding translated documents.

Document Translation
Thank you so much!!!

I have a couple of questions in regards to the ds-260 form.

Can you start filling out the form before your 90 days and would that count the official start of the process or the process would start when you submit it?
Does the form save your progress or once started it has to be completed?

@mechanici23,

1) So, are you planning to include an evaluation for HS certificate?

2) If so, is that an online service and can you please let me know if you have already find a place to do that?

3) How long will it take?

Hi,

1) No. Actually it is not required for High School certificate to be evaluated and it would be a waste of time in my opinion. On the other hand HS diploma does NOT count as an academic degree and evaluation services usually do not evaluate it. They only do the academic degrees beyond high school (secondary education) diploma.

2) I don't think there would be any online service for evaluating your degrees. They need to see the physical copy and official translations and the process is always done via mail.

3) It defers from one company to another. It also depends on what kind of service (or report) you are applying for. The average time could be between one week to 10 business days if you only want to get a document-by-document report for all of your academic degrees.

1. I don’t understand your question.
2. Nope.
3. C9.
4. One form.

Thanks for your response.
In question 1 I meant to ask the following question (I-485, part 2, question 2):
"Are you applying for adjustment based on the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) section 245(i)? "
What is this section about and what should I answer, yes or no?

Thanks

Thank you so much!!!

I have a couple of questions in regards to the ds-260 form.

Can you start filling out the form before your 90 days and would that count the official start of the process or the process would start when you submit it?

What 90 days???

Thanks for your response.
In question 1 I meant to ask the following question (I-485, part 2, question 2):
"Are you applying for adjustment based on the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) section 245(i)? "
What is this section about and what should I answer, yes or no?

Thanks

INA 245(I) relates to someone who is not eligible to file AOS but may qualify for a waiver than enables them to file.

Your answer should be ‘No’ if you’re eligible to file AOS.

Hi Juke,
Does the employment verification letter need to be address to USCIS , or just to whom it may concern ?

Is it possible to share the format you submitted ?

Thanks

Most companies have a standard format for issuing an employment verification letter. It’s typically not addressed to anyone and is acceptable by USCIS as is.

Hi Mom,

I noticed that there is a slight change in the validity dates of my I-797A H-1B extension approval and the validity date printed in the bottom- left corner (I-94 section) of the same form.

In I-797A document top - right corner it says,

Notice Type: Approval Notice
Class: H1B
Valid from 11/08/2018 to 08/13/2021

But in the bottom - left corner of the same document says,

I-94# XXXXXXXXXXX XX
NAME: My Name
CLASS: H1B
VALID FROM 11/08/2018 UNTIL 08/23/2021

1) For the I-94 expiry date in I-485 form, should I give 08/13/2021 or 08/23/2021?

2) In some of fields in the I-485 form, it did not allow me to enter numbers (E.g.: Page 2, 23.c. I cannot enter class of admission as H-1B, because it contains a number). However, if I disable JavaScript in Adobe PDF reader in preferences, it allows me to enter numbers. Is disabling JavaScript in PDF and entering numbers like this OK?

Hi Mom,

I noticed that there is a slight change in the validity dates of my I-797A H-1B extension approval and the validity date printed in the bottom- left corner (I-94 section) of the same form.

In I-797A document top - right corner it says,

Notice Type: Approval Notice
Class: H1B
Valid from 11/08/2018 to 08/13/2021

But in the bottom - left corner of the same document says,

I-94# XXXXXXXXXXX XX
NAME: My Name
CLASS: H1B
VALID FROM 11/08/2018 UNTIL 08/23/2021

1) For the I-94 expiry date in I-485 form, should I give 08/13/2021 or 08/23/2021?

2) In some of fields in the I-485 form, it did not allow me to enter numbers (E.g.: Page 2, 23.c. I cannot enter class of admission as H-1B, because it contains a number). However, if I disable JavaScript in Adobe PDF reader in preferences, it allows me to enter numbers. Is disabling JavaScript in PDF and entering numbers like this OK?

1. You can go with the date on the I-94.

2. You can even hand print the information - don’t overthink the process.

Hello all,

There is no enough space to write down my case number on personal check for I-485 application fee. What should i do? Is it really necessary to mention it? Please help. it's urgent. Appreciate your answers in advance.
I didn't put the case number. Just wrote it's for i485 adjustment status.

Hi,

1) No. Actually it is not required for High School certificate to be evaluated and it would be a waste of time in my opinion. On the other hand HS diploma does NOT count as an academic degree and evaluation services usually do not evaluate it. They only do the academic degrees beyond high school (secondary education) diploma.

2) I don't think there would be any online service for evaluating your degrees. They need to see the physical copy and official translations and the process is always done via mail.

3) It defers from one company to another. It also depends on what kind of service (or report) you are applying for. The average time could be between one week to 10 business days if you only want to get a document-by-document report for all of your academic degrees.
Hi @Juke Walker and @mechanici23

I used online translation service to translate my HS. Here is the website: rushtranslate.com
Someone in AOS 2018 thread recommended using this website. I paid like $25. I uploaded my HS online and they sent translation via email as well.

Hey just wanted to see if anyone had any advice on this?

Sorry have no advice @PhilR . I am also waiting on my IL. It will be three months already by the end of this week. According to other people's experience when they call USCIS line, tier 1 officers always say the process is within normal timeline. So it is better to schedule an infopass. I am also giving it another 1-2 weeks and then will schedule an infopass hopefully.

Hi,
I have read somewhere that the medical should be done only two months before we submit documents. Is it true?. My case # is AS90xx. I have already done my medical. It seems like I have to do it again. Is my # safe for AOS?. When I talked to USCIS, they told me that I am eligible for AOS as long as I have legal status.
Thanks!!

Hi,
I have read somewhere that the medical should be done only two months before we submit documents. Is it true?. My case # is AS90xx. I have already done my medical. It seems like I have to do it again. Is my # safe for AOS?. When I talked to USCIS, they told me that I am eligible for AOS as long as I have legal status.
Thanks!!

That's right.

Here's the policy:
The link for the policy is on the spreadsheet (tab AOS package)

I tried to copy the link here but I did not let me post it.

In order to file for AOS you need to be in the US for 90 days, socan I start filling out the form before my 90 days and would that count as the official start of the process or the process would start when I submit it?

Err on the side of caution by waiting a minimum of 90 days before starting the entire process if you recently entered the US on an existing status and plan on processing AOS.