• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 AOS Only

I've just reread the spreadsheet. Can I just clarify that I should have received an email from KCC about AOS? I submitted my DS-260 in May and haven't heard anything since.
Hi Sam
since you only submitted ds260, and you want to proceed CP in your home country. You need to contact KCC thru email and tell them you want to proceed your DV case via CP and mention which country/consulate you wish to proceed. Then KCC will reply you back with a confirmation email indicate your case is going to be proceed in that consulate.

As for interview, KCC normally schedule interview for CPers at least 2.5months a head. (I remember this when I called KCC to transfer my case from AOS to CP, then CP back to AOS. It's a long story.. anyway) So right now KCC should already finished scheduling interviews for DV2018 September worldwide CPers. And probably started scheduling DV2019 Oct(maybe Nov). Therefore, the prio 1st for you is notify KCC you want to do via CP so your case can be in the line as soon as possible. Just my 2 cents.

Mom--
I'm on F1 visa in the US and I filed by DS260 in May. My case number is AS00014xxx. I haven't heard back from them/haven't gotten my 2nd NL. I looked at the visa bulletin and it said AS number are "current". Should I wait? Should I file an i-485? Thanks!

Mom--
I'm on F1 visa in the US and I filed by DS260 in May. My case number is AS00014xxx. I haven't heard back from them/haven't gotten my 2nd NL. I looked at the visa bulletin and it said AS number are "current". Should I wait? Should I file an i-485? Thanks!
DV 2019 hasn't even started yet... That 'Current' you see in VB is for DV2018

Mom--

I told you back in June to visit Simon’s blog in order to better understand how to read the VB:
https://forums.immigration.com/threads/dv-2019-aos-only.337772/page-7#post-2476836

And you should spend some quality time going over the AOS process spreadsheet to make sure you fully understand the process by the way, it doesn’t seem like you done that based on your question. You still have a long wait in front of you by the way.

Hi! I’ve just seen the first Visa Bulletin. For Europe they are supposed to interview until number EU2000 in October 2018. Do you know why they start in a different number every year? Is it related with the number of cases that they are going to see for the DV 2019?

You can try the expired passport info, although I doubt the system will let you proceed with a past date in the expiration field. Should that happen, your choice will be to select other travel documents - I don’t think that requires dates.

Hi Mom,

1- I have asked the same question in a separate post about my expired passport, and you advised me to enter Today's date as the expiry date, so by reading this post I got confused whether i chose (other travel document) or to manually enter today's date in the passport expiry field.

2- the second question is: at the time of the interview, is it ok to take just my expired passport without having a renewal for it? what iI i can't go back to my country to renew it based on my pending asylum ! I understand that there would be no visa to be stamped on the passport in the case of AOS, but i am just wondering if they still need a valid passport to process the adjustment.

Thanks

Hi Mom,

1- I have asked the same question in a separate post about my expired passport, and you advised me to enter Today's date as the expiry date, so by reading this post I got confused whether i chose (other travel document) or to manually enter today's date in the passport expiry field.

2- the second question is: at the time of the interview, is it ok to take just my expired passport without having a renewal for it? what iI i can't go back to my country to renew it based on my pending asylum ! I understand that there would be no visa to be stamped on the passport in the case of AOS, but i am just wondering if they still need a valid passport to process the adjustment.

Thanks

1. I will NOT respond to this (even though you haven’t really asked any question in the first place). This is like the second time you’re trying to point out what you consider a discrepancy between the response I gave you and someone else. I’ve done my best to help you on this, Susie also did back in July.

2. A valid government issued ID will be required in order to enter the FO or ASC building for processing, if you have a State issued driver’s license, you’ll be fine. If the IO requests to see your passport, you present the expired one and explain why you’re unable to renew.

1. I will NOT respond to this (even though you haven’t really asked any question in the first place). This is like the second time you’re trying to point out what you consider a discrepancy between the response I gave you and someone else. I’ve done my best to help you on this, Susie also did back in July.

2. A valid government issued ID will be required in order to enter the FO or ASC building for processing, if you have a State issued driver’s license, you’ll be fine. If the IO requests to see your passport, you present the expired one and explain why you’re unable to renew.

Hello Mom,

Thank you very much for replying to me on both points. In fact i was not at all trying to consider discrepancy between the tow posts. I really appreciate your trying to help me out in here..kindly do not get me wrong on that :) I just wanted to double check if I understood your answer correctly at the first place when you answered me. sorry if I caused any pressure! I am just being extra cautious and trying to avoid any mistake on my DS260 application that will cause me denial later on. So big thank you again :)

To be more clear on why i was worried: I was not sure if the FO will consider that i lied on the DS 260 if i put today's date as expiry and that it does not match with what i have on my passport.

You answer to my second questions have cleared out all the confusion now. So since i can go to the interview with a valid government issued ID such as DL and that I only need the old passport if asked for it irrespective to its validity, then this explains the meaning of choosing "other document type" on the D-260.

I hope I explained why i was asking you which option to chose to answer the passport expiry section.

Thanks again

Last edited:
Dear mom,

I am here with the F1 student visa. If i apply for student loan, do FO gonna consider me as a public charge?

Thanks.

Dear mom,

I am here with the F1 student visa. If i apply for student loan, do FO gonna consider me as a public charge?

Thanks.

No, not directly. It however buttress my recommendation for you to submit an I-134 with your package.

If you require a loan to continue your studies, contrary to the financial strength you demonstrated in order get your F1 visa, it supports the assumption an IO will have or make about your potential to rely on public benefits you’re not entitled to as a GC holder and subsequently become a public charge.

No, not directly. It however buttress my recommendation for you to submit an I-134 with your package.

If you require a loan to continue your studies, contrary to the financial strength you demonstrated in order get your F1 visa, it supports the assumption an IO will have or make about your potential to rely on public benefits you’re not entitled to as a GC holder and subsequently become a public charge.
Can I ask a following question?

With i 134 including in aos and student loans has a potential co signer,

My question is :
1. Is it enough to support the case.

Can I ask a following question?

With i 134 including in aos and student loans has a potential co signer,

My question is :
1. Is it enough to support the case.

Let’s not try to over analyze student loan impact, or lack of it. Bottom line is having an I-134 especially for someone on a student visa who does not have an applicable income to demonstrate they’re not likely to become a public charge is highly recommended.

Hi,

I’m currently in the US with and E-2 visa. My husband has an E-2 derivative visa, as my spouse. Last year he requested EAD and he already has a valid permit, which will expires on October 2019, although he is not working yet.

My question becomes:

- If we go through AOS and they deny our petition, will we keep our E-2 visa? Will my husband keep his EAD and will he be able to request an extension for it in the future?

- We have a CN EU15XXX. If we pursue AOS, but our case doesn’t go through before September 2019, can we still keep the E-2 and EAD?

Thank you for your help and all the information in this forum.

Hi,

I’m currently in the US with and E-2 visa. My husband has an E-2 derivative visa, as my spouse. Last year he requested EAD and he already has a valid permit, which will expires on October 2019, although he is not working yet.

My question becomes:

- If we go through AOS and they deny our petition, will we keep our E-2 visa? Will my husband keep his EAD and will he be able to request an extension for it in the future?

- We have a CN EU15XXX. If we pursue AOS, but our case doesn’t go through before September 2019, can we still keep the E-2 and EAD?

Thank you for your help and all the information in this forum.

1. Yes you retain your current status/EAD if you haven’t done anything or taken any step to jeopardize it, for instance by using an AOS based EAD card to undertake authorized employment. As for the possibility of getting approved for a renewal/extension in the future, that is beyond the scope of this forum so can’t give you a definitive response on that.

2. See response 1 above (the first part).