• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 AOS Only

Dear Mom,
I am trying to fill up DS 260 application. I am in F1 status and my spouse is in F2 status. We have done the vaccination when we came here in US for first time.
I needed to show in my campus that I have vaccination for MMR, TT ,BCG, HEP and DPT. My wife also had the same sets of vaccination as I have. But we don't know if the vaccination records are enough and acceptable by US government.
1. What should I answer "Yes or No" for the question " do you have vaccination in accordance to US law?"
2. My wife is in F2 status and she doesn't work. What should I choose for her occupation, "homemaker or unemployed"? Is homemaker consider as employed in USA?
Thanks a lot for your immense of help post and thanks in advance.
Prasin

1. You can answer “yes”, but the truth is whatever response you choose doesn’t matter. You will still be doing a medical exam as part of the immigration process. The good news is your medical expense will be reduced if you’re able to present documented evidence of those vaccines when you go for your medical exam.

2. You can select homemaker. But just like 1 above, your selection wouldn’t impact yours or her chance in any way.

1. You can answer “yes”, but the truth is whatever response you choose doesn’t matter. You will still be doing a medical exam as part of the immigration process. The good news is your medical expense will be reduced if you’re able to present documented evidence of those vaccines when you go for your medical exam.

2. You can select homemaker. But just like 1 above, your selection wouldn’t impact yours or her chance in any way.
Thank you very much mom. Finally, Could you please also tell me
1. In what occupation do you intend to work in usa for my f2 status wife? ( Homemaker or unemployed )

Thank you very much mom. Finally, Could you please also tell me
1. In what occupation do you intend to work in usa for my f2 status wife? ( Homemaker or unemployed )

Put whatever she wants to do. “Unemployed” is not an occupation. If the plan is for her to remain as a homemaker, put that. If she will plans on working outside the home, indicate that.

Hello!

Thank you for such an amazing resource. In reading all of the spreadsheet and queries I believe that AOS is not actually right for me, would you agree?

I have submitted for AOS as I am currently in NYC on an E3 visa however, I didn't think about an overseas trip I have in 3 weeks and the fact that I have to return to Australia (home country) in December. I believe that the cost of the forgone trip and the additional time it will take for AOS versus CP would be larger than the airfare home. Based on the spreadsheet I believe the largest risk I am taking by switching my appointment to Australia (CP) would be the lack of appeal (final denial).

The role I am currently in however I am pretty unsatisfied with and I see the green card as my only way to proceed career-wise. Having already submitted the DS-260 I believe I have nullified any possibility of obtaining another E3 visa as it's not dual intent. My thinking is, these trips are important to me, my E3 visa won't be much use to me in a few months anyway. Do you agree that I should go for CP?

My number is around 2019OC000002xx so based on past years I'd expect to be current in November. If I were to change from AOS to CP now do you think it could delay my appointment?

Thank you again!

Last edited:
Hello!

Thank you for such an amazing resource. In reading all of the spreadsheet and queries I believe that AOS is not actually right for me, would you agree?

I have submitted for AOS as I am currently in NYC on an E3 visa however, I didn't think about an overseas trip I have in 3 weeks and the fact that I have to return to Australia (home country) in December. I believe that the cost of the forgone trip and the additional time it will take for AOS versus CP would be larger than the airfare home. Based on the spreadsheet I believe the largest risk I am taking by switching my appointment to Australia (CP) would be the lack of appeal (final denial).

The role I am currently in however I am pretty unsatisfied with and I see the green card as my only way to proceed career-wise. Having already submitted the DS-260 I believe I have nullified any possibility of obtaining another E3 visa as it's not dual intent. My thinking is, these trips are important to me, my E3 visa won't be much use to me in a few months anyway. Do you agree that I should go for CP?

My number is around 2019OC000002xx so based on past years I'd expect to be current in November. If I were to change from AOS to CP now do you think it could delay my appointment?

Thank you again!

1. Would I agree? I don’t know, it’s your call.
2. Again, it’s your call. All I do is provide you with the necessary information as I know, and you make the final call as to the best route for your case.
3. A November interview is no longer guaranteed if you switch to CP since KCC will need enough time to process your DS260 form before scheduling an interview. You may end up with a Dec or January interview date which is still not bad IMO.

1. Would I agree? I don’t know, it’s your call.
2. Again, it’s your call. All I do is provide you with the necessary information as I know, and you make the final call as to the best route for your case.
3. A November interview is no longer guaranteed if you switch to CP since KCC will need enough time to process your DS260 form before scheduling an interview. You may end up with a Dec or January interview date which is still not bad IMO.

Thank you very much!!! Just wanted to check I wasn't completely off track. Honestly, a December interview would be more convenient.

Based on my situation, do you think there are any additional risks that I haven't considered?

Thank you very much!!! Just wanted to check I wasn't completely off track. Honestly, a December interview would be more convenient.

Based on my situation, do you think there are any additional risks that I haven't considered?

A prolonged background or an unresolved one could leave you stuck outside the US.

Understood. Confirming if I do CP I won't need Advanced Parole to leave in a few weeks?

You don’t have a pending AOS petition with USCIS, so there’s no basis for needing an AP card. An AP card is not for leaving the US, it is used for re-entry when there’s a pending AOS petition

You don’t have a pending AOS petition with USCIS, so there’s no basis for needing an AP card. An AP card is not for leaving the US, it is used for re-entry when there’s a pending AOS petition
Ok, thank you. I think I'm confused then. My understanding is I cannot travel right now as my submission of ds-260 shows intent to immigrate which is not permitted on my visa. Having submitted the ds-260 with a US location I was under the impression I had a pending AOS petition. At what stage is the petition pending?

Do I need to switch to CP to allow travel or is travel permitted at this stage?

Thank you again.

Ok, thank you. I think I'm confused then. My understanding is I cannot travel right now as my submission of ds-260 shows intent to immigrate which is not permitted on my visa. Having submitted the ds-260 with a US location I was under the impression I had a pending AOS petition. At what stage is the petition pending?

Do I need to switch to CP to allow travel or is travel permitted at this stage?

Thank you again.

I thought you stated you already went through the AOS process spreadsheet? If you actually did, you would have seen the process/steps involved with processing AOS.

Right now all you’ve done with the DS260 form submission is signify an immigrant intent with the purpose of filing AOS. You don’t currently have a pending AOS petition with USCIS, you haven’t filed for it yet. You’ve only demonstrated an immigrant intent.

I mean you did mention the fees involved with filing AOS earlier on, you haven’t paid any of these fees right?

I thought you stated you already went through the AOS process spreadsheet? If you actually did, you would have seen the process/steps involved with processing AOS.

Right now all you’ve done with the DS260 form submission is signify an immigrant intent with the purpose of filing AOS. You don’t currently have a pending AOS petition with USCIS, you haven’t filed for it yet. You’ve only demonstrated an immigrant intent.

I mean you did mention the fees involved with filing AOS earlier on, you haven’t paid any of these fees right?
Thank you, yes I understand what you are saying. Read it, just overwhelmed. Misunderstood where I was on the AOS timeline. I have only completed the DS-260 and waiting for my # to be current. I haven't paid anything yet.

I've just reread the spreadsheet. Can I just clarify that I should have received an email from KCC about AOS? I submitted my DS-260 in May and haven't heard anything since.

I've just reread the spreadsheet. Can I just clarify that I should have received an email from KCC about AOS? I submitted my DS-260 in May and haven't heard anything since.

Whether or not you received the AOS 2NL is irrelevant at this point if you’re now planning on processing CP.

Your immediate focus should be contacting KCC to let them know you’re switching to CP. Then spend some time going over the links included on your 1NL to get yourself prepared for CP.

Whether or not you received the AOS 2NL is irrelevant at this point if you’re now planning on processing CP.

Your immediate focus should be contacting KCC to let them know you’re switching to CP. Then spend some time going over the links included on your 1NL to get yourself prepared for CP.
Thank you. Understood. Last Q. On the CP will I now be able to travel and re-enter the US before my CP interview in Australia?

Thank you. Understood. Last Q. On the CP will I now be able to travel and re-enter the US before my CP interview in Australia?

You are free to travel out of the US whenever you need to. Admission or re-admission to the US is always at the discretion of the CBP officer. Only USCs are guaranteed re-admission.

I'm starting to get my wife's and my packages assembled. Just wondering:

1: Should I include separate cheques, or one cheque for the total cost of 2 people + biometrics?

Thanks again.