• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 AOS Only

Hello Mom.
I am the principal applicant and I am on F2 visa and my husband is on F1 OPT. So what will happen to our status if our case is denied?

Thanks.

Hello Mom.
I am the principal applicant and I am on F2 visa and my husband is on F1 OPT. So what will happen to our status if our case is denied?

Thanks.

You revert back to whatever status you had prior to filing, assuming that status is still valid and you’ve not done any other thing to take yourselves out of that status.

Hello everyone , I was selected on DV 2019 , I am on F1 I got one year OPT for the year 2015 and my EAD expired , but I kept working 2016 ,2017 , and I had filed TAX for all the years with the IRS , I got payed with 1099 it was not W2 . Do you think this situation would effect passing the interview ? if yes, is there any way to overcome it ?

Hi,
Im preparing AOS files. I found "humanitarian Parole" stamps in my husband Passport.

Should I make a copy and include this to his AOS package?

What is "Humanitarian Parole"?

Hello everyone , I was selected on DV 2019 , I am on F1 I got one year OPT for the year 2015 and my EAD expired , but I kept working 2016 ,2017 , and I had filed TAX for all the years with the IRS , I got payed with 1099 it was not W2 . Do you think this situation would effect passing the interview ? if yes, is there any way to overcome it ?

So basically you’ve been undertaking unauthorized employment for the past couple of years is what you’re saying, right? If that’s correct, you’re technically speaking no longer in F1, you’re out of status and not eligible to file for AOS. Being paid with a 1099 in place of a W2 is irrelevant, nor will filing taxes make the unauthorized employment forgiven. You need to find some very good immigration attorney and speak with them, your problem right now is not that of passing a DV based AOS interview.

Hi again.

I'm just wondering if anyone has gotten a receipt back for their interview fee? My number will be in the first batch so I'm trying to get everything ready. The Department of State cashed the money order on the 30th of May.

Do you have any information regarding the time frame to get a receipt back, or who I should call regarding it?

Thanks.

Hi again.

I'm just wondering if anyone has gotten a receipt back for their interview fee? My number will be in the first batch so I'm trying to get everything ready. The Department of State cashed the money order on the 30th of May.

Do you have any information regarding the time frame to get a receipt back, or who I should call regarding it?

Thanks.

Did you include a SAE with the payment you sent in?

Hi!

I hope you don't mind me asking a few questions?

I currently reside lawful in the U.S. My current status is L1. I'd like to get a better understanding on if I should still complete the DS-260, and if so, why? (instead of just doing an AoS) If not, I assume that I can just file the AoS once my number becomes current?

If you do complete the DS-260, how do you notify the DOS that your intent will be to do AoS? (apart from selecting the checkbox on the 1st page of your DS-260 form)

I'm also confused by paying the DV Lottery processing fee, if you do not have to file DS-260. Will you get notified by the DOS before your number become current to pay the fee, so that you can have the receipt available when you go for your interview?

This is quite a long thread, so I do apologize if I'm asking a question that is already answered!

Hi!

I hope you don't mind me asking a few questions?

I currently reside lawful in the U.S. My current status is L1. I'd like to get a better understanding on if I should still complete the DS-260, and if so, why? (instead of just doing an AoS) If not, I assume that I can just file the AoS once my number becomes current?

If you do complete the DS-260, how do you notify the DOS that your intent will be to do AoS? (apart from selecting the checkbox on the 1st page of your DS-260 form)

I'm also confused by paying the DV Lottery processing fee, if you do not have to file DS-260. Will you get notified by the DOS before your number become current to pay the fee, so that you can have the receipt available when you go for your interview?

This is quite a long thread, so I do apologize if I'm asking a question that is already answered!

1. The recommendation in this forum is to fill out the DS260 form. It provides better insight to KCC as to those who plan on processing their DV selection. It also provides USCIS a better insight into your immigration history which may help with reconciling background check results. Yes you may file for AOS without DS260 submission.

2. You don’t notify DOS any other way.

3. No you will not get any notification from DOS. KCC however sends out the 2NL (which for AOSers is an email confirmation of their awareness of your decision to process AOS and DV administrative form payment). You will not get any form of communication when your CN becomes current like those going through CP gets.

You need to go through the AOS process spreadsheet for a step by step guidance of the DV based AOS process. You’ll find the link to this on the first post on page one of this thread.

Thanks for the feedback - much appreciated!

For #3: Will the KCC send out 2NL regardless of me not completing the DS-260, or will you only receive an email confirmation once you've completed the DS-260? In that case (and this is probably a stupid question), how will the KCC know if I intend to do AoS and not go through CP?

Also, if I complete the DS-260, but do not go through CP, as my intent is to do AoS, do I still need to go through the tedious exercise of getting Police Clearance Certificates for every country that I lived in since age 16? The wife and I lived in a few places before moving to the States, and if we don't have to go through that process, it will alleviate a few 'pains' of getting all the required documentation.

Again - thank you for all your assistance.

For #3: Will the KCC send out 2NL regardless of me not completing the DS-260, or will you only receive an email confirmation once you've completed the DS-260? In that case (and this is probably a stupid question), how will the KCC know if I intend to do AoS and not go through CP?

Also, if I complete the DS-260, but do not go through CP, as my intent is to do AoS, do I still need to go through the tedious exercise of getting Police Clearance Certificates for every country that I lived in since age 16? The wife and I lived in a few places before moving to the States, and if we don't have to go through that process, it will alleviate a few 'pains' of getting all the required documentation.

Did you read the spreadsheet yet? (I’m guessing not judging by these questions...?)

1. This is covered in my previous response, I suggest you go over it again. How is KCC supposed to know you’re processing AOS and subsequently send you the 2NL if you don’t submit the DS260 form? Well, I guess you may have the option of just emailing KCC though, of course not an approach I recommend.
2. Go through the AOS process spreadsheet as previously recommended.

Mom--first time poster here. I looked at the spreadsheet and have been reading this forum all day, but just need a confirmation.
1. My case number is 201900014xxx -- I understand that this is a high case number?
2. I completed the ds-260 on may 16th, so I guess I just have to wait until there's a 2NL from KCC?
3. How do you read the diversity visa bulletin? So for example, if it says
"Region - All DV Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed Separately
Asia - 10,500"
Does that mean that I won't be included because my case number is above 10500?​
Thank you.

Mom--first time poster here. I looked at the spreadsheet and have been reading this forum all day, but just need a confirmation.
1. My case number is 201900014xxx -- I understand that this is a high case number?
2. I completed the ds-260 on may 16th, so I guess I just have to wait until there's a 2NL from KCC?
3. How do you read the diversity visa bulletin? So for example, if it says
"Region - All DV Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed Separately
Asia - 10,500"
Does that mean that I won't be included because my case number is above 10500?​
Thank you.

1. I don’t know. And I don’t think anyone else can answer that question either since you didn’t indicate which region you fall under.

2. Yes.

3. Your number needs to be below what is listed on the VB in order to be eligible to file, except of course when the VB says “current” in which case all CNs within that region becomes eligible.

Mind you, the numbers currently displayed on the VB applies to DV2018 selectees only. Read Simon’ Blog for further guidance on how to read the VB:
http://britsimonsays.com/read-visa-bulletin/

It’s supposed to be 2019AS00014xxx. Thanks for all your help & resources mom

1. I don’t know. And I don’t think anyone else can answer that question either since you didn’t indicate which region you fall under.

2. Yes.

3. Your number needs to be below what is listed on the VB in order to be eligible to file, except of course when the VB says “current” in which case all CNs within that region becomes eligible.